Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Closed Thread

Old 22-04-2020, 01:50 PM
Soul Seeker

Does Yahweh/Jesus live by the Golden Rule?

Most Christians seem to think so as they say that Yahweh/Jesus can do no evil.

We could look at all the commandments and laws but that might have us taking off in too many directions so I thought the Golden Rule might be a good starting point as it encompasses many of the commandments.

Most, I hope, start their moral thinking by some variant of the Golden Rule, a reciprocity rule, so I think we can all relate to some degree in judging Yahweh/Jesus.

Christians are told in scriptures to judge all things. Most Christians have judged Yahweh/Jesus and I wondered if others had as well.

Be you a Christian or not, could I have your overall thoughts and judgement of Yahweh/Jesus based on if you see him living by the Golden Rule?

Regards
DL
Old 22-04-2020, 02:13 PM
Master

Do you think Yahweh and Jesus are one and the same?
Old 22-04-2020, 02:22 PM
Master
Yahweh/Jesus does not exist. Yahweh and Jesus exist.

As for the Golden Rule, it would help 'some' if you would reference the scripture you are talking about. Also note that the expression, 'Golden Rule', is not found in the Bible.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 22-04-2020, 02:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn

As for the Golden Rule, it would help 'some' if you would reference the scripture you are talking about. Also note that the expression, 'Golden Rule', is not found in the Bible.
What became known as ' The Golden Rule ' is Mathew 7:12.

The Golden Rule
“So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets"
Old 22-04-2020, 02:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Seeker

Most Christians seem to think so as they say that Yahweh/Jesus can do no evil.
Be you a Christian or not, could I have your overall thoughts and judgement of Yahweh/Jesus based on if you see him living by the Golden Rule?
Yahweh no... Jesus yes..... If you believe the OT that is.
Old 22-04-2020, 05:53 PM
Soul Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
Do you think Yahweh and Jesus are one and the same?

No, but most Christians do. Constantine had that written into the Apostles Creed when he bought the church.

I think all the biblical characters to be myths and agree with the older and wiser intelligentsia that to take any of the myths literally is not very intelligent.

I think it ok to take the few wisdom saying literally, but that is about it.

If the scribes wanted it read literally they would not have put talking serpents and donkeys in in nor a water walking Jesus.

It sounds like you do not believe in a walking talking Jesus either. Smart that, as it is to me read esoterically.

Do you interpret the fictional bible god as living by the Golden Rule?

Regards
DL
Old 22-04-2020, 06:10 PM
Soul Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn

Monotheism means one and Christianity was stupid to introduce their ridiculous version of a sound Egyptian concept.

To your last.

True, but Christianity has used the term Golden Rule to label Jesus' second big commandment and reciprocity rule for as long as I can remember.

If you do not know of it or can't find where Jesus gives it, I can link you. You should read it in context though. You might have your favorite version.

I take it from your first that you do not believe in the Trinity. Smart that.

Monotheism means one and Christianity was stupid to introduce their ridiculous version of a sound Egyptian concept.

You seem to believe in the supernatural though and that is troubling to any realist.

That goes against the advice of the ancient and present intelligentsia. That does not mean you cannot opine on the question of the O.P. Though.

Will you?

I will not ask a third time. I don't want to seem pushy.

Regards
DL
Old 22-04-2020, 06:12 PM
Soul Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
What became known as ' The Golden Rule ' is Mathew 7:12.

The Golden Rule
“So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets"

Thanks buddy. I was surprised our friend did not know of it.

Regards
DL
Old 22-04-2020, 06:22 PM
Soul Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Yahweh no... Jesus yes..... If you believe the OT that is.

I am not sure what you mean by believe, but know that I am not a literalist and read the whole bible as a myth.

I take it that you are not a Trinitarian. Good thinking.

I agree completely with your first, not 100% with your last. I am around the 60 - 40 mark, because I do not agree with all of Jesus' moral tenets.

In fact, I think a few are downright immoral. What comes to mind and my personal pet peeve are his no divorce for women and substitutional punishment policies.

Most Christians tend to not want to discuss those and ignore my arguments against.

If you want to do apologetics and argue for them, please opine.

In philosophical circles, they thing that the first man in has an advantage.

Come onnn down. :-)

Regards
DL
Old 22-04-2020, 07:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Seeker
Thanks buddy. I was surprised our friend did not know of it.

Regards
DL
I was seeing if you knew what you were talking about.

What became known as the Golden Rule about 4 centuries ago comes from:

Luke 6:31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.

Matthew 7:12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

Matthew 22:39 The second is exactly like it: "You must love your neighbor as yourself.'

and there are others...........

Historians attribute the first usage of the expression Golden Rule to Edward Topsell (1599).

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Last edited by BigJohn : 22-04-2020 at 08:51 PM.
Closed Thread