Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 27-06-2020, 08:24 AM
Master
Arrow GOOD OBSERVATION BY MOLEARNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
I know that this topic seems very important to many of you. But I will say this: it seems if you cast doubt on any one version you cast doubt on all versions. A newcomer to the faith is left befuddled and must surely wonder...”Why bother ?”
I see your point.

I am not trying to tear down the scriptures but trying to show that some Bible verses in certain translations are misleading and a person should investigate further to find out exactly what is the truth of the matter on that particular subject.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 27-06-2020, 09:38 PM
MAYA EL

There are no originals to any book of the bible rather that be old or new testament
And therefore it is impassible for anyone to know what's been changed .
Old 28-06-2020, 06:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAYA EL
There are no originals to any book of the bible rather that be old or new testament
I

I wonder how many lives have been lost throughout history because of these so called ' Holy Books ' which have been changed/altered to suit, ridiculous.
Old 28-06-2020, 09:00 AM
Master
One of the best-known stories in the Bible may have been completely made up by a translator.

“Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.”.
In the oldest copies of the Gospel of John it doesn't exist. It doesn’t show up anywhere, on anything, until the fifth century AD—about 400 years after Jesus died.

Then we have,

In the NIV, some other verses that are completely missing are:
Mat. 12:47, Mat. 17:21, Mat. 18:11, Mat. 23:14, Mark 7:16, Mark 9:44, Mark 9:46, Mark 11:26, Mark 15:28, Luke 17:36, Luke 23:17, John 5:4, Acts 8:37, Acts 24:7, Acts 28:29, I John 5:7.
Strange....

(KJV): “And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.” Acts 8:37

(NIV): Verse removed.
(NASV): Verse removed.
(NWT): Verse removed.
(RSV): Verse removed.
(NCV): Verse removed.

And the list goes on.......... It's not surprising that People become confused. If these Scriptures are the words of God as we are constantly told then surely they wouldn't have been altered.

The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God will stand forever.
But which version ?
Old 28-06-2020, 01:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAYA EL
Same situation applies to other religions. Judaism had a tendency to tell it as it was - good and bad. Whereas other religions, especially Buddhism, would sugar coat their history.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 28-06-2020, 02:34 PM
Master
Verses Omitted from Modern Bibles.

Mark 7:16: "If any man have ears to hear, let him hear."
Mark 9:44: "Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched."
Mark 9:46: "Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched."
Mark 11:26: "But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses."
Mark 15:28: "And the scripture was fulfilled, which saith, And he was numbered with the transgressors."
Luke 17:36: "Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left."
John 5:4: "For an angel went down at a certain season into the pool, and troubled the water: whosoever then first after the troubling of the water stepped in was made whole of whatsoever disease he had."
Acts 8:37: "And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God."
Acts 15:34: "Notwithstanding it pleased Silas to abide there still."
Acts 24:7: "But the chief captain Lysias came upon us, and with great violence took him away out of our hands,"
Acts 28:29: "And when he had said these words, the Jews departed, and had great reasoning among themselves."
Romans 16:24: "The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen."
I John 5:7: "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

I wonder who had the Authority to omit these Verses and more important who gave them the Authority. I presume some Verses are repeated elsewhere but that's not a reason to omit them....
Old 16-07-2020, 04:34 AM
Master
As for new translations of the Bible, the Bible translators for the 'Old Testament' virtually always use the Masoretic Text and older manuscripts, etc. that have recently been discovered and proven to be legitimate.

As for the 'New Testament', that is another 'story'.

Older manuscripts, etc. that have recently been discovered and proven to be legitimate are used. As for the main 'source' text, there are numerous texts, generally written in Koine Greek, that translators use. In many cases, more then one 'source' text is used.

The 'source text' typically come about as a result of Textual Criticism. One of the first 'modern' day text that came about as a result of Textual Criticism was the Westcott and Hort text of 1881 called " The New Testament in the Original Greek ". A popular text is " Novum Testamentum Graece " which is commonly known as the Nestle-Aland edition.

Since then, numerous other text have been made available and are used to come up with better translations of the Bible.

Old 16-07-2020, 08:44 AM
MAYA EL

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Same situation applies to other religions. Judaism had a tendency to tell it as it was - good and bad. Whereas other religions, especially Buddhism, would sugar coat their history.

That is clearly not an accurate statement
Old 16-07-2020, 09:17 AM
Suspended

The most altered scripture is Genesis 3:15

The Woman is the Virgin Mary and her seed is her Church

King James Bible
And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Douay-Rheims Bible
I will put enmities between thee and the woman, and thy seed and her seed: she shall crush thy head, and thou shalt lie in wait for her heel.

King James altered everything about Mary crushing everyone against her Church. And he changed it to some mumbo jumbo about the snake hurting Jesus heel. NIV does away with her seed.. that's where KJ really messed up. Its her Church.
Old 16-07-2020, 08:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian100
The most altered scripture is Genesis 3:15

The Woman is the Virgin Mary and her seed is her Church

King James Bible
And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Douay-Rheims Bible
I will put enmities between thee and the woman, and thy seed and her seed: she shall crush thy head, and thou shalt lie in wait for her heel.

King James altered everything about Mary crushing everyone against her Church. And he changed it to some mumbo jumbo about the snake hurting Jesus heel. NIV does away with her seed.. that's where KJ really messed up. Its her Church.

Do you have any proof to substantiate what you wrote?