Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations > Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction

Old 28-12-2015, 07:20 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalSong
Wait - bending someone's will is mis-use of power. Dark Magic.

LOA Law Of Attraction as I understand it isn't what you are describing.

LOA is getting your self in alignment with what you want - being at the frequency of what you desire. It's not affecting another persons will but one's self instead. It's sort of a Dress for the job you want not the job you have scenario.

So if I wanted a gentleman I would ensure I was a lady, if I wanted an honest man I would ensure I was honest in all my dealings and with myself and so on. It's a bit more complicated than that but it's nothing to do with bending someone else's will or weakening them in anyway - their freewill is not usurped and they have choices which could be to not respond and go the other way and instead someone else will come along.

It's a different slant than one I'm used to, which is to find one's Self and be it. That doesn't preclude aims, obviously, but as a Self one can apply affirmations to direct focus toward one's aims, to develop the necessary single-mindedness. As a Self one will attract what is appropriate.

This is distinct from the approach you're positing here: to change yourself to suit a desire. There's nothing wrong with that and concerning this particular topic I might have suggested that one attempts just what you say, realignment to produce the desired result.

LOA does seem to work for some people when it concerns things they have to do about themselves. Both approaches are a kind of licensed selfishness. But when it involves others it seems approaching what you call "dark magic", for the reasons you state.
Old 28-12-2015, 07:42 PM
Master
LOA takes some practice and dedication and there are lots of potential blocks inside us which can stop it from working.

A big one is a belief in Unworthiness. If I desire a new car with all the bells and whistles but deep inside don't believe I'm worthy of such luxury or can only have it if I work hard enough for it then these inner belief systems will over-write LOA until I develop enough self love and appreciation to believe I am worthy of abundance and luxury.

Now we could say this is a license for selfishness and some would feel that way as they have a belief system which says they must be modest and humble and are not permitted to love themselves and lavish goodness upon themselves only upon their children or spouse, or whatever.

But we could also see the same scenario as being one of coming into alignment in a very deep and profound way with LOVE. For the hardest thing we will ever be called to love is ourselves. ANd in truth we can only love another person or being with the profoundness with which we love ourselves for that is the true source of our authenticity - the place from which we authentically can radiate love from. All other forms of love which 'seem' to be stronger are but an enacting (play-acting) of a wish or desire to actually be that loving but in fact are based more on our unfulfilled needs to love, be loved, or be needed, or be desired and so on - not a pure unconditional love without strings attached and without the subject even needing to be in our lives.
Conditional vs Unconditional Love.

We must Be the Love we Wish for ourselves and others in the world. It's an Inside Out job.

Now in the above I'm describing the little self, the ego self not the Spirit Self which already is Pure Love. But that realization that that's what we actually are may not be realized yet - in fact even after it is one still must merge the Little Self (mind/ego) with the Higher Self/Spirit. So it is not this Higher Self we are changing, but instead it is the little self (what we think we are before Awakening of Consciousness) which believes it is 'only human' and 'is broken and unlovable in ways'.

So the best manifesting and LOA reaping is developed through coming into full alignment and embodying of our total self and thus the many forms of healing the egoic mind (little self), shedding of erroneous belief systems and self talk, and the mind must explore and re-program its self to make room for the Higher Self to be embodied.

The above comments could be called the 202 Course of LOA, but basic LOA and manifesting can occur BEFORE one has come into alignment with themselves and All That Is (God/Creator/Source)
Old 28-12-2015, 11:08 PM
Lorelyen

As I see it there are two basic ways you can attract someone you think you may get on with. Doesn't matter girl or boy.

One is to be yourself. Well, yes, you have to inveigle a date which may take some minor skulduggery, "be on parade" in his vicinity. If you fail to attract him enough to get a date it's up to you to work harder or forget it. Write it off with good grace.

But ok, you get a date, then be yourself. Obviously don't make diplomatic faux pas just let the thing evolve. Above all don't pretend you're something you're not - or try not to, so there'll be no disillusioning later. If it comes to a major sticking point it probably won't work anyway.

The other is to try to make yourself something you aren't - which does take some work if you need to research what he likes/dislikes outwardly. Like if he doesn't like cosmetics and you do, you have to learn to love your face without cosmetics - and things. Then you have to take a fairly passive role to let her/him lead so you can align yourself with their thinking/being, which is what you seem to be saying. The problem is that sooner or later one of you will assert something like their real views/preferences etc., which may lead to disappointment.

Then you spy someone else; they're different and you have to go through the suppressions and pretences to make yourself amenable to them.

To me, the importance is finding Self which is independent of whatever process you're involved in day to day. It will filter through to your public face, the ego if you like. I can see what you're getting at though and agree that the only way is to work from within. But that does lead you to your personal Self which may not align with someone you want to attract - or any of your former aims. If you are fairly cognisant of Self and choose to manipulate, well, you're in the realm of dark magic as you call it.

Whether LOA might work depends on circumstances and the time you have to make the effort. For example, were I to apply this law to turn myself into a world-famous pianist, there is no way I could believe that I already am one. It would mean I'd be playing some fairly difficult works. For those I'd have to put in 6 hours a day practice for a year or two and have to develop a few contacts in the biz, so it would take some pretty powerful affirmations and persistence.

Were I skinny and want to bulk out a bit, that would work. The target is far less remote. Some things work, some don't. You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear any more than you can make a sow's ear out of a silk purse.

Reading your penultimate couple of sentences it seems we're very close to the same wavelength. This is the aim of spiritual development, surely, getting rid of delusion, comprehending one's social conditioning and getting control over one's emotions...none of which are easy for everyone.

Old 29-12-2015, 09:13 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Bit pusillanimous if you ask me

Pusilla-WHAT-imous????

*consults dictionary*