Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Mysteries, Myths & Legends

Old 03-07-2014, 02:51 AM
Raven Poet

According to our local wisdom keepers in the Plains of Canada, Bigfoot, or "Sabe" (our local Ojibway language for "giant") is indeed real. Scientists have been trying to prove/disprove this creature for years, but our people know they do exist.

For a giant, Sabe is very sneaky and secretive quiet and hard to detect. The original bush person! Sabe brings teachings about plant medicines and other forms of healing to people who are respectful and do not try to intrude on their territory and offer something to trade (usually food or special ceremonial items)

A lot of our people living on the rez - ie, far from urban centres and deep in the bush - have seen Sabe. I've heard many children say they've seen Sabe outside their house or in the woods.

One night a few Autumns ago, a group of us were in a provincial park late at night to share a Womens Full Moon ceremony. There were no other vehicles around, and we had a little fire in the woods. My friend just finished singing the "Sabe" Song ( a ceremony song) ... and then we heard the sound of two-footed footsteps taking loooong strides crackling over the leaves ... then silence.

Hmmmm
Old 03-07-2014, 03:04 AM
Gracey

my nephew is super interested in big foot, so over the years i have come across some info. the latest was just yesterday.

this is a section of what i found:

some scientist took hair samples from different people who said they had the hair of big foot.

According to the study published in the Proceedings of the Royal Society, some of the samples were a 100 percent match to the DNA recovered from a more than 40,000-year-old Pleistocene fossil of Ursus maritimus.

Ursus maritimus is a prehistoric polar bear that may still be living in the himilayas.

who knows, perhpas this prehistoric polar bear has evolved into todays bigfoot.
Old 03-07-2014, 10:04 AM
Master
In Australia there are no bears.
I know a man who said he saw a Bigfoot/Yowie while bushwalking. His experience of it has led him on a lifelong obsession to record/capture evidence via imaging (originally from film and now digital).
He has faced much ridicule from friends and family for the past 30 odd years, but stands firm with his conviction.
I believe that he believes in the existence of a Bigfoot/Yowie. Personally, I have not seen one, but do not care to come across one either.
Old 07-09-2014, 09:40 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdizzle45
Sometimes I feel big foot could simply be a spiritual being from another dimension that is rare and appears once in a while. I personally do not believe that we will ever find a physical manifestation of him/her. Big foot, if exists, could be s nature spirit.

This relates also to what Physics today is telling us about, "reality".

The nature of Time and Space, as well.

"What is Real?"

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 14-09-2014, 02:25 PM
Experiencer

Ok, bigfoot believers are going to like this.

Last week, a guy I work with told me an amazing story.

He goes to a Baptist church in a town near his home. He's known the preacher and his wife for years. I guess you could say they are friends.

Anyway, the preacher and his wife went to Virginia Beach, Virginia, for vacation, recently.

Driving back home, near Missouri, but, on the Illinois side of the Mississippi River, near a town named Vienna, ( in Southern Illinois ), the preacher and wife were driving through some very dense fog, so, he was driving slow, about 40 mph, late at night, on a two lane highway.

All of a sudden, he sees something standing very tall, and hairy, stepping out in front of his car. He couldn't stop in time, and hit it. Both he and his wife saw the thing as they hit it.

He drove another 100 feet, and, found a driveway to turn around at and go back. He thought it might have been a person or something. He went back to the area when he hit it, and, didn't see anything laying in or nearby the road.

When he stopped at a gas station later on, he saw the damage to the left front fender and hood on the rental car.

He told the guy I work with, the Sunday after this happened, ( on Friday ). Said it shook him up. His wife saw it too. She was sitting in the passenger seat, and witnessed when the thing stepped into the road, in the dense fog, right in front of the car. It was big, tall and hairy. And, they definitely hit the thing.

He said it wasn't a cow or a deer, was way too tall for it to be that.

He had to pay the rental agency for damages to the car, as he didn't take out the insurance for that.

My friend at work said the preacher and his wife wouldn't make a story like this up. He believes they hit something, just not a bigfoot. ( He's not a bigfoot believer. He thinks it was a deer, even though preacher says no way)

Before you ask, NO, he didn't get hair samples or blood from the fender. He told the rental agency he thinks he hit a deer, but, couldn't find it. The preacher won't tell anyone about this, except his close friends that won't make fun of him.
Old 13-10-2014, 06:30 AM
Master
I've just posted about Bigfoot elsewhere, in connection with the Mothman sightings in Virginia, in the 1960's. These are interdimensional situations. Paranormal.
They transit between the material world in time and space, and that which is apart from this world.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 26-10-2014, 02:37 PM
Master

One of my ideas on big foot is the he/she are skin walkers , or shape shifting humans `. People that play big foot for a few days , then go back to a more or less normal humal life . They find foot prints , and hair , never any bodies .
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skin-walker
http://www.bfro.net/
Old 29-10-2014, 01:11 PM
Knower

They do say that the yetis are guardians of another world. Perhaps Bigfoot is similar ?
Old 29-10-2014, 01:42 PM
Master

I doubt there is a Bigfoot, but much like the Loch Ness Monster, it's nice to think that it might be there.
Life, as every child can attest, is enriched by fantasy and fable.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com