Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 13-10-2011, 04:44 AM
moderndayguru

Experiences with the Gods/Deities?

Hi everyone, Im wondering if any of you have had any personal experiences with any of the Deities or Gods. I "bumped" into the wonderful Rudraksha by listening to one of my Guru's Sadhguru. Apparantly the Rudraksha seed is an extremely potent form of Lord Shiva's energy.

I have an undying faith about the hindu deitie's but sometimes my logical mind does question if these deities exist or if they are mythilogical.

But the backbone of my faith is the experience I had with Lord Ganesh.

A few years back, before I even know about Hinduism; i was on a psychidelic known as magic mushrooms. I was having an extremely intense trip, and when I closed my eyes I seen the beautiful ganesh in all his glory wearing the jewelerry in my presence...he didn't say anything and I didn't know what it was...and after I was drawn into hinduism and learned that Ganesh is a very sacred Deity in the hindu faith...thus my deep respect for hinduism...leading me to buy these Rudraksha beads.

I was wondering if any of you had any of these experiences where you've met the deities in any form and what your thoughts are on the Rudraksha seeds.
Old 02-11-2011, 07:10 AM
missou

I moved to India 3 years back, and I had my spiritual awakening in a place called the Parvati valley at the doorstep of the Himalayas, where Shiva and his wife Parvati are said to be residing.
I was not spiritual at all, even less religious. I believed in God and i would deal with Him when I'll die. I didn't like religions at all but i have been fascinated by them at the same time.

So there at this parvati valley, i felt inhabited by the goddess parvati and i could feel shiva in my boyfriend's body, it lasted a couple of days. i thought i was crazy or something.

but after that my spiritual initiation started extremely fast, with things falling into places so that i can continue on my path to God. It was extremely powerful and i wondered why me?

i'm not a hindu, but some practices in many religions are attracting me. i just follow what my heart urges me to follow.

Now about Rudraksha seeds, they are very powerful, but there are a lot of fakes.
If you have a good rudraksha necklace and that you just wear it, it gives you protection, and you can actually feel some very nice energy when you wear it. people use it to chant their mantras too. rudraksha necklace should be made of 108 beads for chanting.
Now you have many types of rudraksha, and the price varies according to the number of lines in each bead, because then it has different power. a bead with a unique line on it can be worth 2000$ for example

i don't know too much about it, but i had 2, and i really liked the effect it had on me.
you can find more information on rudraksha on internet i think. there's a website called rudras life or something. :)