Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 16-04-2011, 06:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysaetos
I doubt it. The wildebeest may lose its young but just a while later it is horny again.
This really varies with the species.. some mourn a lot, others a little, some not at all.
My thoughts exactly.

The same can be said of humans. We lose children and we are horny again. We have more children. That is the urge toward survival as species and is universal to all life.
Old 16-04-2011, 06:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely
Most animals we eat are herbivores, they won't eat us.
And so what if we have more power than them?
Most men are stronger than women. So that justifies
a man beating a woman. The abuser wins, if he didn't beat her
she would end up beating him. That's just the game.
(You see the flawed logic in that,right?)

What you said sounds very close to the way Hitler thought.
“He who does not possess power loses the right to life,”
-Adolf Hitler

I'm not saying that I personally live my life by that motto, but I accept it as fundamentally true. Strip away civilization and it is nothing more than victory by brute force. Hitler may have been a monster but he was also extremely intelligent.
Old 16-04-2011, 07:33 PM
Scibat

Quote:
Originally Posted by athribiristan
I'm not saying that I personally live my life by that motto, but I accept it as fundamentally true. Strip away civilization and it is nothing more than victory by brute force. Hitler may have been a monster but he was also extremely intelligent.

It still is really, just that the brute force is now called money and its a lot more subtle. But sadly the strong still dominate the weak, be it physically or with money/power. Not that I agree with it, but there it is.
Old 24-04-2011, 04:40 AM
unus supra

What i can say with certainty is you can attain Moksha regardless of what you eat.
Old 23-07-2011, 09:34 AM
AnuChandra

Im a vegan personally but dont judge people that eat meat.

However, while it is a valid thought that plants may suffer also, until we are able to give up eating altogether as we become pure light beings, we do need to nourish the body with something solid. One major reason I will not eat meat is the way they are grown. Animals are tortured their entire lives, they are in tiny cages, sometimes never see the Sun, eat unnatural things fed to them, and walk over their dead family members or friends because there is no where else to go. This is not food, this is the concentration camp of animals.

The cow and pig farms attract sadistic workers who enjoy torturing animals but cant do that legally anywhere else. Its illegal to torture a dog but you can do anything to a pig at a farm, no one cares if you kick a pig extra hard when it doesn't walk fast enough. A pig is as smart as a human child. Pigs even have known to have creative talents and can paint!

I don't understand the experience of being a plant and I love them dearly, however, until I learn through world science or somehow from the Universe that they truly suffer from being my food, I will keep gratefully eating my avocado and broccoli.

Also, someone mentioned tigers and lions...They cant be compared since they catch their food and eat what they need. They don't have hundreds of animals in holocaust environment waiting to be slaughtered and then half of them will be left to rotten because no one ate it and the meat got bad.

I completely respect and agree the Native American way of eating meat. Asking for the food, hunting the food they need, and then showing gratitude.
This is a humane way in eating meat and according to laws of nature.

So, its not the meat eating that's the bad thing, its the fact that they are so hurt emotionally and physically. This, makes the meat toxic also. As the animals are scared they release all kind of toxic hormones. People eat the cortisol stress hormone and become more stressed out, and adrenaline that makes people more aggressive for example. Not to mention all the cholesterol you get from eating meat.

So, while eating meat may work for some people, it is not my personal choice.
Old 23-07-2011, 04:20 PM
Master
Interesting topic
Old 20-08-2011, 07:20 AM
de.spin

I am vegan and I judge people eating meat and fish.

Especially people who define themselves spiritual or religious.

All the things said about the suffering of plants, lions and the like, are pure excuses.

I don't believe in any god, but I certainly see God in the eyes of animals.

Plants are wonderful. It is possible to eat vegetables without killing the plant (fructarianism). Just the fruit of the plant. Many vegans are going in this direction.

It's strange to pray a god or to meditate, and then to eat angels...
Old 01-09-2011, 10:24 PM
moksh

my take on this is simple, eating meat has nothing to do with moksha, for eg, ramakrishna ate fish and he attained moksha and aghori they eat human flesh and they reach moksha. from a deeper point of understanding meat is composed of pancha mahabhoot i.e sky,earth,water, fire and air like other eatable things, but meat is considered to be tamasik and while u are following astanga yoga there is yama and nimaya where u habe to praktise non biolence and commiting urself for a good cause for inner purity and i think meat eating is illogiacal at this phase as u are supporting biolence in the name of animal slaughter. well gita does say we are soul and not the body eben though by killing animals we kant kill there souls but taking someones life from the body is an act of biolence so we should stop eating meat for inner purity and not because hinduism says so
Old 02-09-2011, 12:03 AM
Kamal

Animals kill each other for survival or if they feel threatened. It less choice then it is instinct. They cannot contemplate the meaning of death and life so they are not aware of the consequences of there actions. However you are a human. You are aware of the cruelty that occurs in this world towards animals. You have the choice to stop, you have the choice to contemplate your actions. That is why animals killing animals is completely different then humans killing animals.
Hinduism and Buddhism require that you do not harm any beings. If you buy meat or dairy, you don't harm them directly but you do indirectly. For you are supporting and condoning animal cruelty when you purchase and support the companies that started this in the first place.
Yes it's unfortunate that we cannot exclude all living things in our diets however eating plants, unlike meat or dairy is necessary to live. Unless your willing to give up your life for plants and animals then it would be best to try to exclude as many living beings as you can as your diet instead of giving up because you're unable to do it 100 percent. The fact that plants feel pain isin't a justification to keep consuming animals and condoning animal abuse.

Think of it this way
Is it spiritual to dine on the flesh of the dead?
Old 03-09-2011, 09:11 AM
moksh

i think human being should only eat fruits that the trees shed, no killing no harm no risk to try lol