Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams > Lucid Dreaming

Old 20-03-2011, 02:31 AM
Master
Dreams where the people in your dream tell you ...

You are not dreaming.

For as long as I can remember, I've always had nightmares. Sometimes I will go through periods of really crazy and frightening dreams.

I would have these horrible dreams and in them, I would tell myself that this is just a dream and I would tell the characters in the dream that they aren't real, this is just a dream, but in turn, they call me by my name and tell me that it's not a dream.

Any insight on some of these dreams would be appreciated as well:

My oldest son was about 3 or 4 when I started having a recurrent dream with this tall, distinguished man with dark hair, dark eyes who wore a suit. Oddly enough, he claimed he was satan or lucifer (and I'm not a christian)... In this one dream, I was with my son and holding his hand when he vanished, I looked everywhere for him, and could not find him. This satan character came walking over to me and said he was glad that I came to enjoy his 'circus'. There was this disgusting yellowish hue to everything in the dream and over by the wall were sets of lockers, one had a window and inside it, I saw my son standing in liquid with a yellow light hanging from the top. It was filling with urine. I ran and broke it down and got my son out, and the man/lucifer/whatever, gave me kudos for breaking the glass, but told me that it wasn't the last that I have seen of him. It wasn't. I had many dreams with the same man. One I was being raped by a preacher while lucifer watched and laughed, another I was in this abandoned store/warehouse and this cellar door flung open and bats and gray bat/monkey looking things were flying around...and in the basement, they were calling my name and saying "I have what you need in the basement, ____come to the basement, I have what you need." constantly trying to coax me into the basement. I didn't go. I had that dream a few times.

I've had lots more creepy and gory dreams. I'll share them later. But why do you suppose I have these dreams?
Old 20-03-2011, 04:27 PM
casper

Oh my god that sounds terrifying!!!! You poor thing.
You were saying that you are not a christian. Have you any religion? Because even if you are not a big believer in God/religion, people still cannot prove or disprove God and what power he has. Perhaps it would not be any harm to you or your son to get baptized. This is supposed to protect you from lucifer and darkness - it puts a mark (the good kind) on your soul and claims you as Gods child. I am not a big believer in man made things such as organized religion and little details but i still go to mass. I believe in god and his light and power. Obviously i will not force religion or Christianity upon you like some people do but Baptism is a way of showing everything and everyone that you are protected and watched over by a powerful light and God!

Remember Light can chase away darkness any day, any time. More powerful and it always will be. My very best wishes but please protect yourself sometime soon.
Casper.
Old 20-03-2011, 05:11 PM
Oak2004

You are not dreaming

This is a great dream. It is an open invitation from your psyche to become acquainted with your shadow. To say "You are not dreaming" is your psyche's way of saying "Pay Attention" is a most dramatic way. Your shadow appears as the "Prince of Darkness" - for a person born in a Christian culture one of the most dramatic manifestations possible. Your psyche is saying it's important to listen to the story it's telling you.

He's right you know. What you need is in the basement.

Oak
Old 20-03-2011, 05:28 PM
Master
did it ever occur to you that you werent dreaming? that rather you were OBE?? that is what dreams are...and satan/lucifer/kal niranjan is nothing but a drill sergeant testing you to develop new skills so as to be able to rise to higher and higher levels, when you graduate and are able to pass him by without him being able to tempt you or cause fear, he will salute you and send you on your way...
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi
Old 20-03-2011, 11:03 PM
Master
Hi Casper, well, NOW I'm not with any religion...if I were to follow anything, the Tao speaks to me the most, I relate to that so much, as though I've known it without knowing it. If that makes sense. I did try to be a christian for a time, mainly because it seemed like the religion of choice...plus I had people coming out of the blue telling me I was going to burn in hell if I didn't become a christian, one woman at work chased me down the hall way with bible in hand screaming at me. It was ridiculous...then I went on a trip once and walking through a city alone in an unsavory area, and people said "Jesus loves you" ...okaaaay...anyway, I started attending a christian church, then went to another, but I think that was all part of my plan for life or I'd not have met a particular person I was to meet. christianity and I did not mesh. It was like I had been there, done that, there was more for me now. Funny too is I had dreams of Jesus as well, not once but twice. I don't recall the second dream, other than I woke up knowing I dreamed of him...but in this first dream, I was walking down a narrow path, in a lovely area in the country... I was heading for the woods, but before I got there, I saw a man laying in a small fenced in area on some hay or straw...I thought it odd and started to laugh. He laughed too. I made some joke about him being too big to be laying in a manger still, he laughed and he said "I wanted to get your attention, because would you have known who I was, if I wasn't where I am?" I remarked that that was very inventive of him...then he asked what I was going to do with my life and which path was I going to go. I said I had no idea, any advice? He said I would know and it was my choice. A very interesting dream, and when I left christianity, I often thought about that dream and the others...maybe even feared some that christianity was the truth and that upset me because it just didn't seem right, at least for me. But then I read somewhere that when/if we have encounters with people like Jesus for example, it's just god's way of talking to us in a form we are sure to recognize to know it is god. Thank you, Casper for your kind wishes and request that I protect myself :-)
Old 20-03-2011, 11:20 PM
Master
Hello, Oak & Shabda, very intriguing thoughts! Oak, why would the prince of darkness be my shadow? And what was or could be in the basement that I need? That sounds pretty ominous. I've had many other dreams with this 'prince'...they are generally pretty bizarre, but yet intriguing and still frightning and when he calls me by my name and to tell me again, that I am not dreaming, sends chills. In some dreams there is much gore...One dream he insisted that I ride the train. I did not want to, but he said I had no choice. The next thing I knew I was in this train. I tried to step out, but when I placed one foot on the ground, a hand came from the ground and sliced my ankle severely. I felt the pain even in my sleep and it hurt all day when I woke up. It bleed all over. I quickly put my foot back into the train. It went fast up hills, down hills like a roller coaster, and then through a cemetary where I heard weeping and wailing and laughing, and I could see ghosts and dead looking people gazing at me, some trying to rip at me. I woke up before we got to the destination.

Another one I was with my best friend and two of my kids were born. My son was 4 and my daughter just a baby...We were walking through this strange building...strange in that it was a building, but again, like I have dreams of underground cities, this was another underground city...I turned to look at something and when I turned around, my son was gone. He was holding my hand. There was lucifer/prince etal standing there and telling me that I will never find my son, he has him. I was screaming for him, my son...helicopters were flying about this underground city and could not find him...I saw people with limbs cut off, men with machettes were coming and hacking at people.

I told you I have hidious dreams. Maybe I should write horror novels or movies lol. I am a very light sleeper, but I can go into these dreams states rapidly...which I always thought didn't happen.

anyway, please elaborate more, Oak, and Shabda, very intriguing. I never thought about that, but I often wondered if I had had Obe before because of the content of the dreams...and even most recently, a friend asked me if I had some sort of astral projection because I have some hurts I am trying to get rid of, but some things nagged at me, and then I fell asleep, but 'woke up' in this other woman's body, but I thought it was a dream...I was this woman, I did not like her at all, how she spoke, how she acted...and I asked who she was and she told me her name...and then I woke up and I didn't know this woman's last name and she lives in the deepest part of the south, while I am up north many states apart...I got her name and it was right.

I'm totally blown away that it may have been some test. Thank you for your insight and views! Elaborate more if you have anything more to add. These dreams have haunted me to this day. I used to keep a dream diary, I think it got burned, I wish I still had them, but I can recall so many as it is.
Old 21-08-2011, 09:59 AM
curious student

first off, I'm very sorry to hear that you have experienced so many of these awful dreams ;(
And while I really am no expert (at all), reading these, it sounds to me like maybe there are a lot of subconscious fears that are holding you back? They say that "scary dreams" are usually brought on by stressful situations, feelings of being out of control, and so on.
Is your son being taken away an often re-occurrence?
Are there many other things, people, events that seem to pop up a lot in these dreams?
I could be wrong, and it may be very possible you are having OBE's. However, when reading around on here and in books, it often sounds like even when you are having those experiences, it is usually a way of trying to help you grow/further yourself spiritually, which very much includes facing fears.

So in a way, you could say I kind of agree with Oak, maybe you get bombarded because something out there, or your subconscious, really want's you to move past any obstacles you may have (consciously or subconsciously)

... that's just my 2 cents.. and I see that it's been a while since the last post so maybe events have changed? .. X)