Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 08-03-2011, 08:27 PM
a1966s

Cleaning, Charging, waking up a crystal.

Hi,

I read an article by a lady on the web stating as follows:

Cleaning crystals: Under running tap water or better Sea Water.

Charging them by putting in sunlight and moon light.

Programming them by writing your thought down on paper and placing the crystal on it to absorb it.

Could anyone give me advise on this.

I have about 25 crystals.

It's will take me forever to wake them up and program them.

I don't get any feeling from them at all.

I have about 5 black tourmaline crystals cause for some reason I like them more.

I would like to get them working with me somehow!!

Anyone please.

Thank you
Old 11-03-2011, 04:16 AM
Haoma

With that many crystals I would recommend that you buy a Sage Smudging Stick (usually cost around $5 at your local organic health food store) if you don't already have one - incense will work too. Using Sage to "Smudge" is a simple and powerful way to clear the energy field of the crystal and remove negative energy from it completely. I prefer white sage for its smell, but any old sage will do.

For a sage smudge stick, simply light one end and wait until the smudge smoke is fully noticeable. Pass the crystal through the smudge smoke at least 3-4 times back and forth through the smoke turning after each pass. So one pass through the smoke, turn, and pass it back through the smoke. One pass through is back and forth, so a total of 6-8 motions for an entire crystal to be cleansed. This only takes a few moments to complete. I like to surround the crystal with as much smoke as possible, it has a cool effect. You may have to re-light the stick as you go to continually produce enough smoke.

Remember that no matter the details of your actions, the Universe/God knows what you are trying to do, and in the end you can't do it wrong, there is no wrong, the Universe/God will understand your actions and bless your efforts.

Then you will need to charge the crystals with music (such as a tuning fork or cymbals), Reiki symbols, or through sunlight/full moon light. I prefer to use sunlight and let nature to the work for me =)

Finally, you may want to apply or program an affirmation of particular importance to the object. This isn't fully necessary as the crystal has it own unique natural energy that once charged will emit automatically, but it may help even more if you're using it for a healing session. You can do this by simply telling it what you want it to do, helps to write it down first.

I hope this helps.
Old 11-03-2011, 01:43 PM
LightFilledHeart

There are so many ways to clear and program crystals. Setting them out in the light of the full moon, passing them through smudge smoke, soaking them in salt water, etc. One of the simplest is the simplest. It involveds the use of breath and intent. Minerals, crystals and stones work hard for us. It is a good thing to express graditude to them for that, and to recognize them as sentient life-forms, albeit of a totally different order than we
Old 11-03-2011, 02:53 PM
Yachak

this is some great info on crystals that I have been looking for.
please,people,can you add your knowledge of crystals & how to "deprogram" them etc.. if possible;)
more input pls
tHX!
Old 11-03-2011, 03:24 PM
a1966s

Thank you all, this is very helpful.

@Haoma, I'll have to use incense. Where I live I don't think there's a shop nearby with Sage.

I was wondering about the bit that people say: Write your thoughts and intend down on paper. Place the crystal on it to absorb.
Could this work do you think???

Thank you, I'll get busy with them.
Although I don't use crystals for healing etc, I just like them so much that I find myself buying them when I see them.

The ones I have weren't too expensive compared to what I seen.

Thank you.
Old 11-03-2011, 04:18 PM
progg77

Please can anyone tell me how long they need to be in the sun/moon light after cleansing, many thanks.
Old 11-03-2011, 05:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by a1966s

I was wondering about the bit that people say: Write your thoughts and intend down on paper. Place the crystal on it to absorb.
Could this work do you think???

Yes it does work

My final assignment for my coursework was about Affirmations and crystals .

So good luck x

As de programming a crystal you just cleanse it with love and light and then re programme it x

Every situation is an opportunity for healing, learning, growth and transformation.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:55 PM
star-child

Sometimes I put essential oils on my crystals. I'm not sure if anyone else does this or if it actually benefits the crystal in any way but it always feels right for me, I guess it would be a way of charging the crystal. Currently I am wearing unakite with rose essential oil on it, it feels great
Old 11-03-2011, 09:16 PM
Moonkestrel

Everyone has suggested some great ways to cleanse but would suggest not to use salt water...the salt can re-crystallise inside your crystals and cause the crystals to fracture.

Sage smudge stick is a great idea and one of my personal favourite methods....also love yo use energy chimes or my singing bowls....
Old 11-03-2011, 09:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonkestrel
Everyone has suggested some great ways to cleanse but would suggest not to use salt water...the salt can re-crystallise inside your crystals and cause the crystals to fracture.

Sage smudge stick is a great idea and one of my personal favourite methods....also love yo use energy chimes or my singing bowls....

Same here , some crystals do not like to be buried . My golden calcite soaked up some fertilizer and now needs to be polished proffessionally . it looks lovely in water lol .

Every situation is an opportunity for healing, learning, growth and transformation.