Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 18-04-2018, 06:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnathanrs
Sky. If I may interject, I would like to share with you some things. I apologize as a fellow christian for Theo on insulting you. That is never the goal and you do not deserve to be treated in such a way. I do not believe it was Theo's intention on doing such a thing, but I cannot speak for his ego, but only as a fellow christian. I pay homage to your light and as a fellow seeker of the kingdom of light, I hope you will at least hear out what I would like to share with you.

As a great wise man, you, like all of gods children must know of the values that we know as virtues. I would like to provide with you a interpretation that might better work for you.

Remember that many find light in the word that you know as Jesus, just as many find happiness whenever one spreads a positive word such as when your dear one tells you how much they love you. You say that the bible was made by man, but you must remember that not all men are equal in the eyes of the lord or I would dare say even within your eyes! Surely, you would agree that some men are more knowledgeable than others, some are more stronger, and some are more quicker. God that we pay our homage to represents that of holy white light, which represents the forces of all that is good. Jesus is the symbol of sacrifice. For Jesus the lord, died not in vain, but for our sin. No matter what karma we may inherit from our actions and misdeeds, if we come to Jesus and accept his teachings wholeheartedly, he will forgive us for our mistakes because he is a God of love, sacrifice, and of the light who died for our sins.

In the movie Armageddon, the main character is forced to sacrifice his live to save the live of everyone on the planet by blowing up the astroid. Everyone on that planet, regardless if they are ignorant or not, owe that man their life, because of his sacrifice, they dodged a horrible fate. Every child that is born from that point on, every person that was living in that moment, inherits that gift due to that moment in time. Jesus represents that man for our reality, and that astroid represents sin, a negative polarity of what we know as evil. Jesus took a human form and went through this ordeal in order to save any who accept them within his heart. Anytime we think of a 'evil' or hateful thought, you are sinning against love, because it is the opposite force of what love represents and is the teaching of what I believe Theo is a alluding to. God, or light, negates evil. Evil, or darkness, negates light. Although many higher level concepts can exist, everything can be broken down into a simplistic dualistic property. Atoms themselves are built upon this property of protons - positive polarity, electrons - negative polarity, and protons - a force that hasn't taken either charge yet.

When you join a company and work for that company, you become apart of it and represent its ego or identity. When you join a movement, you become apart of it no differently. This is done at your spiritual level. Many of glasses forming into a vast ocean. The glass representing the physical, and the water inside it representing your spirit. When you curse someone or spread hatred, your spirit inherits those properties. We call these impurities. You must ask for forgiveness, the spirit of light vs. resenting the opposite polarity of darkness.

One final thing, like many veterans who salute all the fallen heros who died to provide us liberty, love, and freedom against tyranny, so to do Christians rightfully take pride in our Lord and we worship him because we owe everything to him. I, and many others, also salute and pay love and respect for all mortals who paid their lives no differently. Worship is paying your honor towards the great beings, known as deities, who watch over all within their domains.

We all find God in our own way, how I perceive things is different to others and we are all entitled to feel this way. As I said to Theo I do not believe that Jesus died for my sins, the word ' Sin ' doesn't exist in my vocabulary, I am responsible for my own mistakes, the thought of someone dying for me is ridiculous and childish. As a child I believed all these biblical teachings but as you mature the stories become less appealing, you wake up.
My idea of Kamma is different to yours, actions do not cause you to reap bad Kamma, it is intent. People do things that hurt others with the intentions of helping them, is this a sin or a mistake? It depends on your perceptions.
Old 18-04-2018, 08:28 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

Thank you for responding. I will try my best to answer correctly for a Christian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
We all find God in our own way, how I perceive things is different to others and we are all entitled to feel this way.

We all have free will, yes.

Quote:
As I said to Theo I do not believe that Jesus died for my sins, the word ' Sin ' doesn't exist in my vocabulary, I am responsible for my own mistakes, the thought of someone dying for me is ridiculous and childish.

I understand how you feel, but Jesus didn't die for your sins. You are basically correct. You have to believe in him and become a christian and submit to him. You are not currently apart of his house, yet. Sin refers to a mistake at the spiritual level. That is what Jesus represents. He is a god that died for your mistakes. He was born a human and spiritually ascended by defeating all human sin, and sacrificed himself through free will, for any that choose to believe in him and follow him. His death is for all of his children. Humans concept of time is linear based. The universe doesn't work in a linear scale. We must respect free will because that is the gift given to us at our current stage of enlightenment. Jesus cannot force you to allow him to save you. You are indeed responsible for your actions. Jesus takes your place for the karma that you inherit here on earth if you choose to follow him.

You are right. The mistakes of a mere child who commits murder will not be judged as heavily because it is done out of ignorance, but it doesn't take away the action itself and the effect of it. I ask you this, what of justice for the suffered? Do you accept blind ignorance as a excusable offense if a 10 year old were to kill your 10 year old child? You may not seek the death penalty, but I imagine you would want to see a less harsher punishment. Ignorance is not a get out of jail free card. All actions stand regardless of the intention.

Quote:
As a child I believed all these biblical teachings but as you mature the stories become less appealing, you wake up. My idea of Kamma is different to yours, actions do not cause you to reap bad Kamma, it is intent.

Don't forget sir that teachings have different levels of understanding. Sometimes we think we have something solved, only to flip flop when new information is discovered. This is a common theme if you are working on the fore front of science - such as physics. The scientific method teaches us to push past our beliefs and emotions, and deductively conclude what the truth must be objectively. This comes from our logic side.

Quote:
People do things that hurt others with the intentions of helping them, is this a sin or a mistake? It depends on your perceptions.

Let me provide a different perspective. Every society has laws, no different than God to our universe. The truth is even if you are unaware of universal laws, you are still bound by them. The universe does not care what you perceive. At it's core religion is nothing more than teaching advanced concepts to beings that were completely unaware of their reality and to keep them close to there core essence or spirit that they come from. The scriptures are based on the current level of knowledge and understanding for humans of the past.

Have you considered what free will truly means? If you unintentionally jump out of a window, not knowing that you are going to fall to your death and die, does your belief change the action? At it's core it means that you always have choice no matter the context or situation. Even if you enter a environment, situation, or do something that is unknown, you still are responsible for that choice because you began that force. Newtons third universal law of motion states that every action has an equal and opposite reaction. Intention is merely applying more focus, action, or force towards a action. Neither negates that the action took place and the universe does not care your intention or reason for starting a action, it will provide you the unbiased reaction to it amplified by the force you applied to it, or your intention. Jesus takes your place for that reaction. That is at the heart of what Jesus sacrifice represents in scientific terms.

One final note: As long as you have breath in your body, you are still "in production". We are taught that we are judged when we die. This is the universal law of transmutation. Nothing 'dies' it merely starts a new phase of evolution or life based on where it wants to go. The universe places you where you want to go based on what you are. What you are, or your character, is made up of what you belief. The universe places you unbiasedly and without a lens of illusion that we fabricate on our own. Sometimes, when we look at ourselves objectively, we discover just how disgusting of a thing we are when compared to God. God, Lord Jehovah however, loves us, recognizes our potential, and sent his only son to die for our sake. God wants us to live in his kingdom, domain of the universe, that was made for us regardless of our sin that is within the light. Instead of hell, where the universal will put us as creatures of sin, or purgatory, as creatures of light and darkness.
Old 18-04-2018, 09:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Thank you for responding. I will try my best to answer correctly for a Christian.

We all have free will, yes.

I understand how you feel, but Jesus didn't die for your sins. You are basically correct. You have to believe in him and become a christian and submit to him. You are not currently apart of his house, yet. Sin refers to a mistake at the spiritual level. That is what Jesus represents. He is a god that died for your mistakes. He was born a human and spiritually ascended by defeating all human sin, and sacrificed himself through free will, for any that choose to believe in him and follow him. His death is for all of his children. Humans concept of time is linear based. The universe doesn't work in a linear scale. We must respect free will because that is the gift given to us at our current stage of enlightenment. Jesus cannot force you to allow him to save you. You are indeed responsible for your actions. Jesus takes your place for the karma that you inherit here on earth if you choose to follow him.

You are right. The mistakes of a mere child who commits murder will not be judged as heavily because it is done out of ignorance, but it doesn't take away the action itself and the effect of it. I ask you this, what of justice for the suffered? Do you accept blind ignorance as a excusable offense if a 10 year old were to kill your 10 year old child? You may not seek the death penalty, but I imagine you would want to see a less harsher punishment. Ignorance is not a get out of jail free card. All actions stand regardless of the intention.

Don't forget sir that teachings have different levels of understanding. Sometimes we think we have something solved, only to flip flop when new information is discovered. This is a common theme if you are working on the fore front of science - such as physics. The scientific method teaches us to push past our beliefs and emotions, and deductively conclude what the truth must be objectively. This comes from our logic side.

Let me provide a different perspective. Every society has laws, no different than God to our universe. The truth is even if you are unaware of universal laws, you are still bound by them. The universe does not care what you perceive. At it's core religion is nothing more than teaching advanced concepts to beings that were completely unaware of their reality and to keep them close to there core essence or spirit that they come from. The scriptures are based on the current level of knowledge and understanding for humans of the past.

Have you considered what free will truly means? If you unintentionally jump out of a window, not knowing that you are going to fall to your death and die, does your belief change the action? At it's core it means that you always have choice no matter the context or situation. Even if you enter a environment, situation, or do something that is unknown, you still are responsible for that choice because you began that force. Newtons third universal law of motion states that every action has an equal and opposite reaction. Intention is merely applying more focus, action, or force towards a action. Neither negates that the action took place and the universe does not care your intention or reason for starting a action, it will provide you the unbiased reaction to it amplified by the force you applied to it, or your intention. Jesus takes your place for that reaction. That is at the heart of what Jesus sacrifice represents in scientific terms.

One final note: As long as you have breath in your body, you are still "in production". We are taught that we are judged when we die. The universe places you where you want to go based on what you are. What you are, or your character, is made up of what you belief. The universe places you unbiasedly and without a lens of illusion that we fabricate on our own. Sometimes, when we look at ourselves objectively, we discover just how disgusting of a thing we are when compared to God. God, Lord Jehovah however, loves us, recognizes our potential, and sent his only son to die for our sake. God wants us to live in his kingdom, domain of the universe, that was made for us regardless of our sin that is within the light. Instead of hell, where the universal will put us as creatures of sin.

' Sometimes, when we look at ourselves objectively, we discover just how disgusting of a thing we are when compared to God.'

I am that I am. We are made in Gods image and likeness. Nothing disgusting about me or any other sentient being.
Old 18-04-2018, 09:09 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
' Sometimes, when we look at ourselves objectively, we discover just how disgusting of a thing we are when compared to God.'

I am that I am. We are made in Gods image and likeness. Nothing disgusting about me or any other sentient being.

Could you honestly say that to a serial killer, a fellow sentinent being, especially if it is someone whom you love that they murdered? You are right, to a serial killer, you are just a average joe. To a Angel however, to a noble, to a person of a God, you would be someone of lesser value.

It is through character that we develop ourselves spiritually. Anyone can sin, but not everyone can do the right thing. That takes a higher being. We are all born as God's children, but all things can be corrupted. All children are born within light and love, we merely sin throughout the journey. I hope I was able to help you understand my lord Jesus. Bless to you.
Old 18-04-2018, 09:53 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
Plain and simple. "God is love"! He loves. He hates certain behavior and activity...

We should think "favor", in comparison with love, then. Think?

I agree with your lesson Leo/Morpheous. Thank you for taking the time to write it. What I have learned here is we should be careful to limit our love and hate properly. It is best to limit yourself to loving only those things of the light. Hating sin, or any force of satan, is indeed the calling of any Christian. It helps navigate us to our lord and master Lord Jesus by following proper traditions of our forefathers.

Thank you and I apologize for the minor de-railing of your thread Leo. I was trying to help translate teachings.
Old 19-04-2018, 05:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Could you honestly say that to a serial killer, a fellow sentinent being, especially if it is someone whom you love that they murdered? You are right, to a serial killer, you are just a average joe. To a Angel however, to a noble, to a person of a God, you would be someone of lesser value.

It is through character that we develop ourselves spiritually. Anyone can sin, but not everyone can do the right thing. That takes a higher being. We are all born as God's children, but all things can be corrupted. All children are born within light and love, we merely sin throughout the journey. I hope I was able to help you understand my lord Jesus. Bless to you.

The core of a serial killer is not disgusting but a spark of the divine, it's their behavior that is disgusting. Sorry but we will have to agree to disagree regarding understanding Jesus.
Old 19-04-2018, 10:34 AM
Master

Quote:
He is a god that died for your mistakes. He was born a human and spiritually ascended by defeating all human sin, and sacrificed himself through free will, for any that choose to believe in him and follow him. His death is for all of his children.

Sometimes, when we look at ourselves objectively, we discover just how disgusting of a thing we are when compared to God.

I'm a Christian but I see it differently
Jesus didn't perform magic on the cross that made sin disappear
He brought a way that if followed leads to the forgiveness of sin and discovering of God. It's following Jesus that leads to forgiveness not believing he died for our sin - although in a way he did, true, but he died to give us the way that leads to forgiveness of sin. A small but important difference.

There is no such thing as sin - sin is not following God's will in our own free will. Jesus came to teach us how to follow God's will and avoid sin, and how to turn messed up lives around.
He didn't sacrifice himself to God, he sacrificed himself to us. What God does that? Jesus did. This is an amazing thing, but this is not what saves, it is loving Jesus that saves.

As to us being disgusting compared to God, you go too far!
Paul said we are God's temple. Do you go to church and comment how disgusting the building is? The building that contains God's children?
This idea is gnostic that somehow we are constructed mistakenly and in error, it's a heresy that God is not able to create good things
It is a city dwellers theology, growing up in filth and vice and crime and people pushing each other out of the way
Jesus was a country man, surrounded by nature and agriculture and people with calloused hands from working the fields.
So I do hope you will see there are different ways to see Jesus and resist the doctrines of man, just love and follow Jesus
Old 19-04-2018, 02:20 PM
Master

Quote:
The bible was written by man Theo, not God.
The men who wrote the Bible were inspired by God, so the words of the Bible are his words.

No prophecy was ever produced by the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.
2 Peter 1:23 ESV
Old 19-04-2018, 05:57 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
I'm a Christian but I see it differently
Jesus didn't perform magic on the cross that made sin disappear
He brought a way that if followed leads to the forgiveness of sin and discovering of God. It's following Jesus that leads to forgiveness not believing he died for our sin - although in a way he did, true, but he died to give us the way that leads to forgiveness of sin. A small but important difference.

There is no such thing as sin - sin is not following God's will in our own free will. Jesus came to teach us how to follow God's will and avoid sin, and how to turn messed up lives around.
He didn't sacrifice himself to God, he sacrificed himself to us. What God does that? Jesus did. This is an amazing thing, but this is not what saves, it is loving Jesus that saves.

As to us being disgusting compared to God, you go too far!
Paul said we are God's temple. Do you go to church and comment how disgusting the building is? The building that contains God's children?
This idea is gnostic that somehow we are constructed mistakenly and in error, it's a heresy that God is not able to create good things
It is a city dwellers theology, growing up in filth and vice and crime and people pushing each other out of the way
Jesus was a country man, surrounded by nature and agriculture and people with calloused hands from working the fields.
So I do hope you will see there are different ways to see Jesus and resist the doctrines of man, just love and follow Jesus

Great points. I apologize. I do have beliefs that are still in the world of the grey, because that is where I am coming from before coming to the world of the light. It is never my intention to mislead anyone, only to provide my current level of perspective. I am only a new disciple of christ, not a guide, and still have much sin I am purging. Please take my words not as advice but as my own inner thoughts that are meant for the right reasons, but can play out for the wrong reasons.
Old 19-04-2018, 08:58 PM
Knower
I would just like to share my view on this (as an ex christian). If Christianity is your religion and you hold that belief that is fine, but I fail to understand how Christians often speak or see things the way they do. So many contradictions....

"Thou shalt not kill".....please read the old testament. (God should lead by example then surely )
God is all about love.....again, please read the old testament (Wrath and vengeance)
"Incest is a sin"....Please read the old testament

The list goes on....I have heard so many times by Christians "You have to accept to understand" or "It is not meant that way"...

As I have said before in similar threads on this subject I do not understand how a religion can take a stance of acceptance and love when it has the opinion it has on Same sex couples etc.

I said before, I am going to hell apparently because I live "in sin" with my future husband. It doesn't matter that I am a good person.....

It is not what I believe at all... but each to their own so if this is your following I wish you well.