Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 08-02-2014, 01:41 PM
Master
'Sageing' Can you do it wrong?

Hey, I am considering attempting sageing. I have never witnessed, nor done
it before. I don't have any issues in my home that I am trying to fix but
wanted to just clear the energy.

Can you do it wrong?

Is it a bad idea to do it if you are not sure what you are doing?
Old 08-02-2014, 02:24 PM
Gracey

i did it once. i said a blessing as i had my sage lit and waved the sage smoke at the perimeter of every room in my home. it worked for me, but the spirit came back in about 6 months. someone told me that my mistake was that i did not open my windows to let the spirit out.
Old 08-02-2014, 03:02 PM
Master
Yes, I have read that about the windows. I'm going to wait till the spring when it warms up. I don't have a spirit that I want to get rid of though. I wonder if you should only do it if you do?
Old 08-02-2014, 03:07 PM
Gracey

I am no expert on the subject. I do think it would be okay to do as you want...to clear the energy in your home.
Old 02-06-2014, 04:31 AM
elisi

smudging works.

i prefer california white sage. you can use a stick or break some in a fireproof bowl and light it. start at one point and follow the perimeter of your home (or property if needed), until you reach the beginning. i linger at doors.

also smudge yourself-let the smoke waft over you.

bit of trivia: being part cherokee i've smudged for years. we do it but only do so because our ancestors did. they told us it cleared the negativity out.

well, there's a reason. when burned, the sage leaf emits negative ions. have you seen the cartoon where the 'wise sage' is sitting on a mountain top? and vision quests are usually on mountains. that's because the higher you go, the more negative ions there are. and they DO cause clarity and enrich the air.
Old 02-06-2014, 05:14 AM
Master
Except for the physical smoke and fire danger, sageing incorrectly does little harm.

Mostly, poorly done sageing gives a false sense of security. Basically without a clear intent and full coverage there are holes in coverage. Those places hardest to reach are often the problem areas. If you had rats in your house, there would be little point of chasing them all into one closet.

Note that if you still have a 'problem' item/being, sageing won't really help that much. This is analogous to washing all the laundry and linens, mopping all the floors, cleaning the fridge but failing to clean the cat litter.

So if you have doubts as to your ability to sage I suggest practice. An hour or two after sageing go around and see if the 'bad' stuff has returned already. If so you need better coverage or a different solution.

[advanced] though sageing does clear most energetic type problems, it does not always clear all entities nor all devices planted by other beings.