Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 04-05-2018, 06:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
I wish you all the best too,.

The point I am enquiring about, is that are there many realisations, or just one realisation with many ways to achieve it? I shall use the example of Siva being Brahman, so to be 'one like Siva' is to attain Brahman, which would be the same outcome for an Advaita Vedantin, would it not?

No,

Advaita Vedantin is more like all there is, is Brahman.

KS and I believe in the Triadic Heart of Siva really talks about the differences. If you look at the teachings of AV they don't really describe what the end result is. All they say is that it is indescribable, beyond words, etc.

KS goes into great detail what being One like Brahman is like as well has mentioning the powers of creation that one achieves with such a realization.

Yet, KS has no real concept of emptiness like in Buddhism.

The difference is kinda like this using some Taoism terms.

You have the Dao, then the One that emerges from the Dao. From the One comes Two, male/female but this is really void and form.. not a persons sex.

AV stops at the void of the Two. Now some in AV would say that the One and Dao are on and the same. I disagree.

One like Siva is the One that emerges from the Dao, it is universal consciousness.

A Buddha is one that has realized the emptiness of universal consciousness or has realized the Dao.

As an example think of all the AV gurus, how many do energy work with others? They talk about silence.

Here is Ramana:

Quote:

What exists in Truth is the Self alone. The Self is that where there is absolutely no "I"-thought. That is called silence [mauna]. The Self itself is the world; the Self itself is "I"; the Self itself is God.

The inner silence is self-surrender. And that is living without the sense of ego. Solitude is in the mind of humanity. Silence is ever speaking; it is the perennial flow of "language". It is interrupted by speaking; for words obstruct this mute language. Silence is permanent and benefits the whole of humanity.

There is consciousness along with quietness in the mind; this is exactly the state to be aimed at.

By silence, eloquence is meant. It is the best language.

The thought-free experience of the Self is silence.

There is a state when words cease and silence prevails.

That state which transcends speech and thought is silence.

That state in which the "I"-thought does not rise even in the least is silence.

The experience of silence is alone the real and perfect knowledge.

Sages say that the state in which the "I"-thought does not rise even in the least, alone is Self which is silence. That silent Self alone is God; Self alone is the individual soul. Self alone is this ancient world. All other knowledge are only petty and trivial knowledge; the experience of silence alone is the real and perfect knowledge. Know that the many objective differences are not real but are mere superimpositions on Self, which is the form of true knowledge.

Silence is only on aspect of ourselves.
Old 05-05-2018, 12:46 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
No,

Advaita Vedantin is more like all there is, is Brahman.

KS and I believe in the Triadic Heart of Siva really talks about the differences. If you look at the teachings of AV they don't really describe what the end result is. All they say is that it is indescribable, beyond words, etc.

KS goes into great detail what being One like Brahman is like as well has mentioning the powers of creation that one achieves with such a realization.

Yet, KS has no real concept of emptiness like in Buddhism.

The difference is kinda like this using some Taoism terms.

You have the Dao, then the One that emerges from the Dao. From the One comes Two, male/female but this is really void and form.. not a persons sex.

AV stops at the void of the Two. Now some in AV would say that the One and Dao are on and the same. I disagree.

One like Siva is the One that emerges from the Dao, it is universal consciousness.

A Buddha is one that has realized the emptiness of universal consciousness or has realized the Dao.

As an example think of all the AV gurus, how many do energy work with others? They talk about silence.

Here is Ramana:

Silence is only on aspect of ourselves.
Ah, thank you for explaining it, but it will take a while for me to understand it...I'll need to re read it a few times because I am still stuck on the very first sentence.

For you see, I also feel that 'everything is Siva' just like AV says that 'everything' is Brahman' a d so, to me it becomes like same horse, different colours, but maybe I am just failing to understand it still. Advaita Vedanta also describe the experience of realisation as being 'Satchitanananda' which correlates to Absolute Truth, Pure Consciousness and endless Bliss...and these can also be ascribed to Siva.

So what you have said will require me to bypass all of my conditioned experiences to understand, which is very difficult for me.

Aum Namah Shivaya
Old 05-05-2018, 05:18 AM
Eelco

Quote:
but those who say stuff like the chakras are influenced by the rings of Saturn,.... what a load of ......

Maybe, but if not the rings of saturn what are the chakras influenced by?
This question is what has me wondering.

Maybe we should move this discussion somewhere else, but as far as I understand the chakras are conduit's for energy. transforming spiritual matter to a more dense plane and vice versa.

Opening them or closing them gives acces to dimensions beyond the normal 3d experience. Who benefits.

Taking into concideration that the 7 chakra system only came to be in a time where supposedly many "archonic" entities arrived. (1600's) I was wondering if they could have construed an overlay with wich energy (loosh) could be siphoned off using the chacra.

True or not.
A more unified and integral energy body seemed like a good idea at the time.
Especially since the older mentions of a chakra system is supported in various other ancient healing modalities. (chinese Qi concepts and healing for instance) Whereas the 7 chacra system seems to stand pretty detached from that. Now that the "new age" devised many an overlay to the "original" 7 chacra system on which the expanded a 13, 18 and 144 chacra system what if the same thing happened in the 1600's with the original 3 chacra system?

With Love
Eelco
Old 05-05-2018, 05:35 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eelco
Maybe, but if not the rings of saturn what are the chakras influenced by?
This question is what has me wondering.

Maybe we should move this discussion somewhere else, but as far as I understand the chakras are conduit's for energy. transforming spiritual matter to a more dense plane and vice versa.

Opening them or closing them gives acces to dimensions beyond the normal 3d experience. Who benefits.

Taking into concideration that the 7 chakra system only came to be in a time where supposedly many "archonic" entities arrived. (1600's) I was wondering if they could have construed an overlay with wich energy (loosh) could be siphoned off using the chacra.

True or not.
A more unified and integral energy body seemed like a good idea at the time.
Especially since the older mentions of a chakra system is supported in various other ancient healing modalities. (chinese Qi concepts and healing for instance) Whereas the 7 chacra system seems to stand pretty detached from that. Now that the "new age" devised many an overlay to the "original" 7 chacra system on which the expanded a 13, 18 and 144 chacra system what if the same thing happened in the 1600's with the original 3 chacra system?

With Love
Eelco
Yes, I agree and shall move my replies (after this one) to either of your linked threads, to free up this one for the intended purpose outlined in the opening post.

Chakras are influenced by our own thoughts and behaviours...also by the purification of the nadis and etheric body via prana and spiritual practices so they resonate in accordance to vibration of Consciousness on both levels of microcosm and macrocosm.

Emotional awareness seems to be the key, as chakras can become unbalanced due to negativity and negative emotions, as well as a hostile environment.

If you wish to integrate the system into a single unit, this is feasible, because that is what Kundalini does anyway, in the end, but it is different to removing them, as how I understand the whole concept of removal to be.

As for the original 3 Chakras, this was also probably reduced exponentially from about 9, originally, as I also believe that there are 7 main chakras in the physical body (8 if Bindu is included) as well as 2 above the Crown Chakra in the Astral or Akashic Field.
Old 07-05-2018, 01:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Ah, thank you for explaining it, but it will take a while for me to understand it...I'll need to re read it a few times because I am still stuck on the very first sentence.

For you see, I also feel that 'everything is Siva' just like AV says that 'everything' is Brahman' a d so, to me it becomes like same horse, different colours, but maybe I am just failing to understand it still. Advaita Vedanta also describe the experience of realisation as being 'Satchitanananda' which correlates to Absolute Truth, Pure Consciousness and endless Bliss...and these can also be ascribed to Siva.

So what you have said will require me to bypass all of my conditioned experiences to understand, which is very difficult for me.

Aum Namah Shivaya

Everything is Siva I agree.

The difference is, is there a Siva and the end goal is ending you because all there is, is Siva.

Quote:
Satchitanananda

The Vedantic philosophy understands saccidānanda as a synonym of the three fundamental attributes of Brahman. In Advaita Vedanta, states Werner, it is the sublimely blissful experience of the boundless, pure consciousness and represents the unity of spiritual essence of ultimate reality.[2]

Saccidānanda is an epithet for Brahman, considered indescribable, unitary, ultimate, unchanging reality in Hinduism

KS would say there is much more than that.