Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 01-05-2020, 03:44 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker

@ running ...

presence in innocence
radiating bliss in permanence
an ignition within in renewal
ecstatic rapture continual

exactly!

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 01-05-2020, 11:15 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by running
enlightement isn't really a word i would use. but thats fine. nobody becomes so. its only something that one can become open to. in opening to that is a new expereince. yet everything is much like it was. the expereince is the non dual nature of the divine expresses itself into the living person. this happens from a deep silence in the mind and ecstatic joy in the body from the nervous system. since it is nondual this experience can not be impeded by what is. the mind can not block it. the emotions can not block it. nothing. assuming one has become open to the nondual nature in depth. not in theory. in expereince. the process once it begins takes some time. in the beginning one may experience it off and on. a moment here or there. minutes. hours. days. then at some point. you couldn't will it away if one tried.

tony parsons may have come to this. i dont know? i remember hearing something from him some years ago.

It happens in different ways for different seekers. The problem is that some (including Tony) do not acknowledge that and invalidate, for example, what feels like resonance by the mind because that is not what its like for them, and they think, therefore, should be the realization experience for all. Obviously a suspect conclusion to reach because they do not experience the inner life of the other.
Old 01-05-2020, 11:41 AM
Master

Quote:
enlightement isn't really a word i would use. but thats fine. nobody becomes so. its only something that one can become open to. in opening to that is a new expereince. yet everything is much like it was. the expereince is the non dual nature of the divine expresses itself into the living person. this happens from a deep silence in the mind and ecstatic joy in the body from the nervous system. since it is nondual this experience can not be impeded by what is. the mind can not block it. the emotions can not block it. nothing. assuming one has become open to the nondual nature in depth. not in theory. in expereince. the process once it begins takes some time. in the beginning one may experience it off and on. a moment here or there. minutes. hours. days. then at some point. you couldn't will it away if one tried.

tony parsons may have come to this. i dont know? i remember hearing something from him some years ago.

It happens in different ways for different seekers. The problem is that some (including Tony) do not acknowledge that, and invalidate, for example, what feels like resonance by the mind, because that is not what it feels like for them, and therefore think that their realization is the only valid realization experience for all. Obviously a suspect conclusion to reach because they do not experience the inner life of the other.
Old 01-05-2020, 12:25 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamit
It happens in different ways for different seekers. The problem is that some (including Tony) do not acknowledge that, and invalidate, for example, what feels like resonance by the mind, because that is not what it feels like for them, and therefore think that their realization is the only valid realization experience for all. Obviously a suspect conclusion to reach because they do not experience the inner life of the other.

It occurs to me there are two aspects. The aspect of awareness, pure and direct conscious experience and that's the same for everyone because it's the One, same and only Awareness.

Then there's the aspect of how the mind perceives and interprets that direct experience and of course this is tied to the individual mind, so yeah, it's different for everyone.

The small wow vs. the Big Wow, if you will.
Old 01-05-2020, 02:20 PM
Master
Quote:
i only speak from experience. i dont or have ever read advaita. as much as you would like to believe bliss and silence removes ones personal preferences, mind, and emotions. that is not true. the non dual bliss as in joy in the body from the nervous system and silence in the mind is added to. a dormant part of the brain becomes activated enabling such. the only nondual is from that. i realize its a bit to much for you to comprehend based on your crude response here and others, and to others. but that is ok.
One does not have to have actually read Einstein's Theory or Relativity to believe what many nowadays believe, to with that the experience of 'time' is relative. The idea is now 'everywhere' in our noosphere. The same applies to Advaitian ideas, I think. Based on my observations and understanding I would say that what you report experiencing and thinking is 100% aligned with the Advaitian 'party' (both meanings ) 'line'. I would say that Unseeking Seeker's 'response' might also be construed to support this.

I disgree with your characterization of my response was 'crude'. I submit, in contrast, my opinion that it was very clearly thought through and exquisitely on point.

Like 'beauty', I think that 'OK' is in the eye and heart of the beholder, aye what? I am glad to hear that you are OK with what you experience as the 'crudeness' of my response. One would expect no less from a true Advaitian - personal OKness (experience of absolute e well-being regardless of circumstance - which you repeatedly declare) that is pretty much the only, or at least it is the prime, 'aim' of the philosophy as far as I can see/tell.
Old 01-05-2020, 02:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker

@ running ...

presence in innocence
radiating bliss in permanence
an ignition within in renewal
ecstatic rapture continual

This demonstrates what I opined to be the case, I think, running.
Old 01-05-2020, 02:50 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
It occurs to me there are two aspects. The aspect of awareness, pure and direct conscious experience and that's the same for everyone because it's the One, same and only Awareness.

Then there's the aspect of how the mind perceives and interprets that direct experience and of course this is tied to the individual mind, so yeah, it's different for everyone.

The small wow vs. the Big Wow, if you will.

It would be a huge assumption to make that one person knows what awareness is like for another, which may be affected by all sorts of things, for example, huge differences in character, and as you say, the makeup of mind. So to invalidate an experience which is not even known is obviously suspect.
Old 01-05-2020, 03:04 PM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHairedWoman
Yep, some people get it and some don't. Usually if you are seeking enlightenment you are actually seeking escape from responsibility.

What does enlightment have to do with lack of responsibility ???
Old 01-05-2020, 03:45 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamit
It would be a huge assumption to make that one person knows what awareness is like for another, which may be affected by all sorts of things, for example, huge differences in character, and as you say, the makeup of mind. So to invalidate an experience which is not even known is obviously suspect.

On the contrary and in the context of non-duality there is only One awareness. It has to be the same for everyone. Perception of that One awareness differs. This is the difference between manifested conscious (dualistic) and unmanifested consciousness (non-dualistic).

It's what Advaita is all about.
Old 01-05-2020, 04:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
It has to be the same for everyone. Perception of that One awareness differs. This is the difference between manifested conscious (dualistic) and unmanifested consciousness (non-dualistic).

It's what Advaita is all about.
LOGIC 101: IF 'perception' (or 'expression') of said One (awareness) differs as a result of its being perceived by/through the character/lens of the 'perceiver', the idea of non-dualistic/unmanifested consciousness have has no relevance to the REALITY of the LIFE or the act of LIVING of any BEING (assuming that you grant that LiFE is a REAL phenomenon!)?

LOGIC 102: For said idea to be relevant, one would have to assume/believe that one could and/or did attain no 'character' 'status' as a Being, which anyone of course may choose to believe is possible, but which submit is an oxymoronic (i.e. illogical, therefore delusional) belief because every Being is Itself a differentiated aspect of the ONE all-encompassing BEING-DOING. To assume and proclaim that one or someone else has managed complete 'i'dentity dissolution is therefore an act of 'grandiose' pretense-iousness, logically speaking. In terms of actual (hence 'manifest') existence, at most there can only be your, my, or someone else's historical-character-based version of said being.

IMO, any and all 'pretenders' in said regard (not just orthodox 'Advaitists') are a plague which destroys the possibility of truly mutual/respectful relationship on our planet because they automatically invalidate any and all other 'perceptions' of said ONEness which differ from their own (self generated or 'adopted') version. They automatically hinder the possible of true (i,e. rea!) brotherhood-n-sisterhood in 'the body' of The ONE's BEING-n-DOING therefore. Again, I qualify this statement as being no more and no less that my personal opinion/assessment of the matter, which I wish to submit for others' consideration.

Note: Such 'violation' may not be unrecognized as such because it may be 'unmanifest' as a result of its being 'done' by way of not doing (by way of 'omission' rather than 'commission')m by way of not earnestly/honetly/reciprocally relating to the thoughts and feelings of folks whose 'perceptions' differ from one's own - thereby, in effect, aiming to 'ostracize' them by way of relational 'silence', which is characteristic of many who just 'toot' their own preferred 'horn' here'.