Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 13-01-2020, 02:49 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
Maybe we're both avoiding questions . I've never seen a six foot hummingbird. I don't think I'd want to either. Maybe others have had these really obvious miracles maybe not. The ones I've had are subtle and not so obvious. Individually wouldn't seem like much, but when they keep happening this is my conclusion. I'm 99% sure there's something Other. It's very clever whatever it is.

I think you mentioned a while back about a miracle that could happen that would leave us in no doubt. I can't remember exactly what you said now. Maybe it was something similar like in the film The Day the Earth Stood Still. Did you ever see it. Would this world work the way it does if we were all to know for sure. If this now, is how the world is supposed to work that is. I'm sure there would still be people in denial even if something like that did happen. Anyway, something interesting to ponder.

I don't think I am avoiding questions. I've been asking them my whole life.
Yes, I did once on a thread post a question 'why does God not show himself' which led to a lot of discussion. The whole thing was based on the Fatima Portugal appearance of the Virgin Mary at the beginning of last century where thousands saw the sun move and change colour - but thousands didn't.
There is, in my book, no reason why anything 'divine' needs to hide itself. Having (to have) faith in something which can't be discernible to our physical senses somewhat suspicious. The miracle that I was looking for is one where nobody can afterwards be in denial. That's the whole point.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 13-01-2020, 06:12 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by guthrio
Hi Inavalan,

Perhaps you would find it ironic that your last sentence seems to espouse your truth without incredulity, or an executive summary, or even a TLDR!

Should I wait until you have provided these to then judge the worthiness of your statement?

......well?

I believe you missed my point, but it's okay.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 13-01-2020, 06:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
Yes, I did once on a thread post a question 'why does God not show himself' which led to a lot of discussion. The whole thing was based on the Fatima Portugal appearance of the Virgin Mary at the beginning of last century where thousands saw the sun move and change colour - but thousands didn't.
There is, in my book, no reason why anything 'divine' needs to hide itself. Having (to have) faith in something which can't be discernible to our physical senses somewhat suspicious. The miracle that I was looking for is one where nobody can afterwards be in denial. That's the whole point.

The question I put to you was what you would then do, or how you would live your life if this evidence was shown to you. I don't need you to give me the answer, I'm just putting it out there really.

The divine needs to hide itself because if this place is a teaching/learning ground, then it wouldn't work if it showed us in the manner you describe. Maybe it isn't a teaching ground and we're all a load of batteries like in the Matrix film, because I do toy with that idea now and again.

On the denial point. People deny all sorts of things even if they're staring them in the face, if it doesn't suit. I don't mean you in particular btw.
Old 13-01-2020, 08:49 PM
Master
God can't be seen by humans........ and live.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 14-01-2020, 05:24 AM
janielee

Quote:

Every day we see miracles: the birth of a child, the love of a parent, the grace of a kiss, the tenderness to a vulnerable person, the helping of another, the blossoming of a seed, the snow, the sun, the moon, the earth. The movement of your arms, sight, sound, visual, production, reproduction, freedom to think and feel and emote, the possibilities to learn and grow, comaradery and selflessness.

And because these are normal, these are not miracles?

The reality is if god spoke, which he does all the time, it would still not satisfy some ones.

Peace,

Jl
Old 14-01-2020, 07:51 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
Every day we see miracles: the birth of a child, the love of a parent, the grace of a kiss, the tenderness to a vulnerable person, the helping of another, the blossoming of a seed, the snow, the sun, the moon, the earth. The movement of your arms, sight, sound, visual, production, reproduction, freedom to think and feel and emote, the possibilities to learn and grow, comaradery and selflessness.

And because these are normal, these are not miracles?

The reality is if god spoke, which he does all the time, it would still not satisfy some ones.

Peace,

Jl

I've already responded to the 'miracles around us question' - of course it is all a miracle but that really isn't any feedback on my question which is 'where are those miracles which happen outside universal laws (as we know them)? I'm talking about walking on water or water turning into wine.

As far as I know there have never been any such miracles (except those reported two thousand years ago from faery tale land).

I sometimes wish people would read things properly through instead of jumping to the habitual.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

- Mark Twain.
Old 14-01-2020, 07:55 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
God can't be seen by humans........ and live.

Are you saying that not even 'he' could alter the Status Quo?

- Mark Twain.
Old 14-01-2020, 10:59 AM
Master

Quote:
A very fine collection of all those 'things' we need to convince ourselves - but only if we are willing to be convinced.

I'd like to take this opportunity again (I've posed the same question many times) to know what miracles are. I've never seen one, nor can I in my long life recall ever having seen one reported or filmed or commentated.
Obviously the thing about walking on water and so on was a long time ago and really can't count in view of all those 'old wives' tales' kicking around all over the place.

But guide me to one miracle please, just one.

Again: Just one please Guthrio - just one

- Mark Twain.
Old 14-01-2020, 05:53 PM
Master

Quote:

But any Science or Religion without Truth is both lame AND blind.
Well said.

Quote:
The "manual" is written (not "in"), but AS our very being. Our own being is the "book" to learn from.
True.
Quote:
As there is really no such place where "you" begin and where Creation ends; similarly, there is no dividing line between a "universal self” and an "individual self".

The 'individual' self and the 'universal' Self are One and the Same. "Individual" really means; cannot be divided from, or separated from, the One Whole I AM into parts.

"I, the individual self" is really the Whole expressing Itself as "a part of the Whole"....you.

God is the I AM of all. And beside Him there is no other.

I AM THAT I AM AND BESIDE ME THERE IS NO OTHER.

He is Who we are! It is in Him and through Him that we have our Being.

Therefore, you can ask the Creator of Creation for the answer to ANY question. He is ever-present WITHIN you and will ALWAYS answer true. He IS Truth.

Well that is correct with minor but real and important qualification . God is like sea and we are like tides . Though both are made of water , both do not signify always the same thing .
Old 14-01-2020, 06:01 PM
Master
Miracles 'r Us!

Quote:
Again: Just one please Guthrio - just one

Brother Busby, and all,

No evasion of Truth is possible, because Truth is what we are.

Here's are a couple of perspectives for your consideration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyN1Fzrp2PM The Secret Beyond Matter.

4 What you put out is what you get back.
The "outside" is a reflection of the "inside".
Physical reality is actually a 3-dimensional holographic mirror:
Your physical reality is just a holographic reflection of
what you most strongly believe to be true. And like a mirror, physical reality
will not change unless you change first (change what you most strongly believe).
https://iasos.com/metaphys/bashar/

The miracle, if it must be so labeled, is the paradigm shift that knowledge of its meaning opens for each of us....

"A person convinced against their will...remains unconvinced still".

...until they find the answer(s) to their questions, themselves.

Hope this, and these other references, below help you, as well. As to seeing miracles....

I've never seen one, nor can I in my long life recall ever having seen one reported or filmed or commentated., as you stated...

YOU ARE THE MIRACLE!

Suffice it to say that There Is No Name that can contain this Truth, regardless what it is called. any more that our perceptions can be named. Do you see?

Reference: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...67&postcount=8 You ARE The Technology

Reference: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...0&postcount=45
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)

Last edited by guthrio : 14-01-2020 at 10:37 PM. Reason: clarify inputs