Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 01-12-2010, 01:55 AM
Knower
Yeah I have read that in some books. I have read some say they do it because they want to hear what people say about them. Others have said they stick around a little longer to comfort those left behind. I have not experienced anything like that but I cant even recall the last time I went to a funeral.
Old 01-12-2010, 02:05 AM
Gracey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Angel
I have heard that sometimes the person who has died, is present at their own funeral ~

has anyone experienced or " seen " something like this ?

and I am curious, what might be the reason for them to do so ? to just check on their family and friends, to give them comfort if they (the family and friends ) can sense their presence ?

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

when i was at my paps funeral, i sat there and watched everyone cry, then i felt a cold come up from my feet and move upwards, when it got to my heart, the energy was warm and i could sense my pap looking through my eyes....he then left quickly to the spirit world. i dont know why he was there, but it seemed he was just taking a look around of who was there.
Old 01-12-2010, 02:12 AM
MYFIGO

I think so ....

When my 20 year old brother (Tom) died, I was the last of the my siblings to arrive at the funeral home. When I approached the casket, I swear I saw him heave a sigh as if relieved that we were all there.

I was stunned by what I had seen and after a moment, made my way over to where three of my brothers stood. I felt a group of 4 or 5 people people behind me... but when I turned... no one was within 15 feet of me.

This was 36 years ago and I remember it like it happened today. I never told anyone about this until today.

Over the next few weeks my Dad said he saw Tom several times sitting in the living room.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Angel
I have heard that sometimes the person who has died, is present at their own funeral ~

has anyone experienced or " seen " something like this ?

and I am curious, what might be the reason for them to do so ? to just check on their family and friends, to give them comfort if they (the family and friends ) can sense their presence ?

blessings,
Dream Angel xx
The law of attraction comes in to play here. The one who has passed on is drawn to people and circumstances which are directly connected to the identity they were. Often it will be the soul who has passed will be drawn to the event by the attraction of their consciousness. Sometimes they do not even understand what is happening, for their consciousness is simply transporting them to where they feel compelled to go from an emotional level. Other times, for someone who has accepted what has happened to them, they simply attend as a means of completion. Of course, there is also the reason to want to see who decided to turn up, and who couldn’t be bothered. Humans are like that.
Funerals also provide the one who has passed a sense of reality and confirmation that they have indeed died, and it helps them with their transition to the next state.
-Sparrow

~~~Spirit Guide Sparrow~~~
From the wisdom of my council to the wisdom of yours

¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆•°☆¸.•°*”˜� �”*°•.¸☆•°☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸
Old 04-12-2010, 10:39 PM
Rumar

I wouldn't doubt people visiting their own funerals to see who shows up for them, etc.
HOWEVER, not in my case, I'll be far too busy to be attending, at most I'll swing by to see my soul mate crying and to comfort her momentarily and then back to work which will most likely be AFTER my funeral.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:23 PM
Celeste

Yes, my mother was, and I think she was there because I planned a very special service for her, and she wanted to experience it. You could just feel her presence, not to mention, some strange things were happening. For one, on the way to the cemetary, my dogs in spirit world, Domino and Dice (two Dalmatians) were there, in a fenced in yard, in front of a house. Now, I think these dogs were real, but I think it strange there was a little white one there, white with a few black spots (Domino) and a big guy, more black than white (Dice).

Old 04-12-2010, 11:53 PM
Guide
My mom said she saw her Mom, dad and brother (who all
passed away) at her dads funeral.
Old 13-12-2010, 02:40 AM
davidole

I dislike going to funeral, i always felt cold and uncomfortable. I definitely dare not go to the toilet. People always say that toilet is the place where spirits love the most.
Old 13-12-2010, 04:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye
That's excellent to hear Deepsea. Some people consider it disrespectful when we do this, funny old world hey?

Skye... It may be disrespectful to the people left behind. Those who died are happy, but loved ones here are usually in loss and grief.

Xan

Old 13-12-2010, 11:26 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidole
I dislike going to funeral, i always felt cold and uncomfortable. I definitely dare not go to the toilet. People always say that toilet is the place where spirits love the most.

Quite where you've learned that "People always say that toilet is the place where spirits love the most." I can't imagine.... A better understanding of 'spirits' might help you.

But I understand how you feel at funerals - they are often not pleasant experiences, perhaps down to humankind's lack of understanding about life, death and what follows?

What a shame it's that way.