Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Electronic Communication

Old 15-10-2013, 05:23 PM
Farallon

What is the best/safest way to conduct EVP's?

I have tried it in the past with a hand held recording device, did a prayer of protection, surrounded myself in white light, etc., but with no luck. I am interested in starting it back up again, but wonder how do you keep negative energies from either coming in or attaching themselves to you? Hasn't happened to me, but I just wanted to make sure that it doesn't. Will the recording device on an Ipad or Iphone work, or do you recommend an actual hand held recorder? Thanks.
Old 25-10-2013, 11:14 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farallon
I have tried it in the past with a hand held recording device, did a prayer of protection, surrounded myself in white light, etc., but with no luck. I am interested in starting it back up again, but wonder how do you keep negative energies from either coming in or attaching themselves to you? Hasn't happened to me, but I just wanted to make sure that it doesn't. Will the recording device on an Ipad or Iphone work, or do you recommend an actual hand held recorder? Thanks.

@Farallon, where are you doing your EVP sessions at? Cemetery? Haunted House? Your own house?

It all depends where you go and what your intent is. Doing the prayer of protection and the white light is fine. Some investigators will say its rubbish to do that, but if it makes you feel better, then do it. Wear a religious symbol that means something to you if you'd like. I'd also recommend a bottle of sage spray, so if you go to a haunted location and are nervous about something negative, just give yourself a spray before you leave.

Any audio device will work, though I'd probably get a digital audio recorder with USB and use Audacity to listen to your recordings. Sometimes spirits can mess with electronics, probably better for you to use a recorder than your Iphone or Ipad and have it get messed up.

I've been investigating for a few years now and from first hand experience, just showing up a place and getting EVP is not easy like the TV shows. First, only investigate if you are in a good frame of mine. If you are angry, sad, frustrated or anything like, then you stay home and wait for another day to go. If there happens to be a negative energy or parasite, they are looking for you when your vulnerable.

You go to your location and before you start recording, say a prayer for the spirits there, ask them if they would like to leave you a message or say hello to your recorder. Walk around and try to get a feel for the area and you might get drawn to a certain location. Let the spirits there know you are not a threat and show them respect. Get their trust and you'll get your EVPs.

If you get home and listen to your playback and hear curse words being thrown at you, don't panic. I've been cursed at plenty of times, nothing has ever happened to me or most other investigators. The ones that get in trouble are the ones who instigate do get responses because they think they are badass. Muscles and size mean nothing to something that is invisible.

Oh and one last thing. Always declare that any spirit present does not have permission to follow you out of the area you are investigating. Invoke the name of God, Jesus, whatever you are comfortable with. Repeat it several times and before you leave. Plus always thank the spirits if they tried to communicate with you. Remember, they were once living people and they are not circus acts who need to perform on our command.
Old 26-10-2013, 02:02 PM
Farallon

Thanks. I would be doing the EVP's in my home. My mom died 5 months ago and we have had a few strange, unexplainable noises in the house since. I then had what I am hoping was a contact dream two nights ago. You have to know my mom to understand, but I kmow she wants to contact me. When my uncle died, I had an EVP kind of message left on my phone. My mom needs an easy way to get a hold of us, so maybe EVP will help. Thanks so much for replying.
Old 26-10-2013, 03:53 PM
Master

Your mom may of visited you in your dreams just after she died , but you dont remember . I had a girl friend visit me in my dreams . The nosies may be left over energy . Your mom may be having too much fun hanging out in the astral . There would be no problem setting up recorders looking , but I think she has gone on to a better astral plane .
Old 26-10-2013, 10:29 PM
Farallon

Thanks Desert Rat, but I am pretty sure she contacted me night before last in a very vivid dream I had. You had to have known my mom also to know, that it was important to her to contact us after she died. We talked about it many times before she passed and she said she would do everything she could to let us know she was still with us.
Old 27-10-2013, 01:55 AM
Super Moderator
Yes a spirit will often 'move on' to the deeper levels of the astral, and rarely hangs around near to the Earth Plane for very long.
But it is quite possible they come back to visit! After all -doing that only means an attunement to the vibrations of the loved ones. They don't need to trek for miles or buy a plane ticket! Where there is a lot of love, they can sometimes come back for a visit! Love is the bridge they cross.
A really great way to connect with them is to attune yourself, heart and thoughts, to them, with lots of love, gratitude, happiness. This can sometimes result in a visit. It can even happen later -say minutes, or hours after you have sent your love. When you feel their energy near, then sometimes going very still and quiet or into "alpha" brain rhythms (peaceful near-sleep-state)-can result in actually hearing what they say to you!
This can be frustrating, or it can be wonderful and amazing. One day it will be one thing -the next day the other. The lighter your mind is, and the more happy and relaxed you are, the easier it is to do.
Or sometimes when attuned to them in your heart, you might find you hear them speak to you while you are doing something else! Like on a country walk, or doing housework!
That won't sound like 'hearing voices'....it will be more like quick clear thoughts, in words, passing across your mind. Though if you are in a near sleep-state, it might sound more like a voice.
Old 03-03-2014, 03:36 AM
dogninja

safest way? don't engage or talk to them. If its in your own house, just let the recorder roll and review it later. IMHO
Old 13-08-2016, 07:40 PM
Seeker

by just listening to the recordings, even without directly communicating, (though I did that allot to) I found in my own experience, I was attuning my ears to hear them better and better as time went on, eventually malevolent voices started showing up on my recordings, then soon after I started hearing them outside of my recordings with just my ears.....I opened up clairaudience which I wasn't ready for and it was a nightmare beyond imagination

my point though, is that there's still something going on on a psychic level perhaps just by listening..........listening deeper for the voices so to speak

so I personally do think that there are dangers still involved with just listening, even if you're not directly communicating with spirits
Old 14-08-2016, 06:26 PM
Knower
I recommend praying for protection or having some spiritual "shield" with you at all times. With something like this, it is easy to run into some nasty things while recording in certain situations or areas. State your intentions loud and clear (no whispering). When you finish, tell the entities present to not follow you home. Simple, yet incredibly helpful.

Best Wishes,

PC
When life gets you down and you think it's no use, when you don't know who you are and you have nothing to lose, just know you have friends who think you're worth the while, and they always tell you "Why worry, just smile."
Old 15-08-2016, 09:53 PM
Seeker

In my own situation, I got hooked into doing EVP on a regular basis after I caught my first clear one (on January 17, 2015). These were clear and intelligent replies to the questions that I had asked during my recording session. This grabbed my curiosity and I continued to do EVP sessions on an almost daily basis because I wanted to capture more like the ones I had on the 17th.

This is one of the first dangers. It's very easy to allow yourself to get carried away. Within just a matter of days after my initial EVP captures, I began to notice very faint voices on my recordings. They were faint, and I had an extremely difficult time making out what they were saying, but these voices were there none the less. Again, the more that I captured on my recordings, the more that I allowed myself to be pulled in deeper.

I would ask questions and go back and listen to the recordings and hear faint replies. I would listen to the recording over and over again until I could make out some of what was being said. The voices where so faint, deep down in the recordings but I knew that they were there.

As the weeks went by, my ability to hear these faint voices was improving I found. Unknown to me at the time, I was now entering the danger zone. Whoever these spirits/entities were that I was hearing, at this point, I was now attuning my sense of hearing to hear them better. At the time I thought that this was a good thing because at that point everything that I was hearing from them was seemingly benevolent, but I would come to find out soon enough, that I had been blindly walking into a trap all along.

When I had sifficiently attuned my sense of hearing to hear these entities quite clearly, when they were ready, they dropped the kindness act and turned extremely malicious and malevolent. At first this began to appear on my recordings, but soon enough, I began hearing these malevolent entities harassing me with just my naked ears. They seemed to most often use existing background noises to distort into loud menacing voices that eventually came to torment me around the clock 24/7 for quite awhile.

Only when it was too late did I realize that I had trained my ears to hear into a dark place that we are never meant to venture. I had opened the door for these entities to intrude into my life and they eventually came out of the recordings to turn my life into a living nightmare.