Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 18-06-2014, 04:12 PM
Menon

Alzheimer's

Hi,

I would be grateful for any theories people have about Alzheimer's and the soul, and afterlife.

Alzheimer's eradicates a person's personality, in essence, they die within, but are still alive. When that is the case, what happens to the soul, is it too affected by Alzheimer's and continues into the afterlife like that, or is there hope and the soul remains normal and as the person was before Alzheimer's?

Am desperate for hope.

M
Old 18-06-2014, 04:40 PM
primrose

My understanding is that our Souls are whole and healthy, no matter the cause of death, in the afterlife, we are in perfect health, mentally and physically.
Old 18-06-2014, 04:41 PM
Administrator
When anyone passes over it does not matter with or without an illness

they will be whole again ,in spirt,

Namaste
Old 18-06-2014, 05:05 PM
Pathfinder

simply an ailment of the physical body and physical mind/brain. nothing more.
Old 18-06-2014, 05:54 PM
somnium

Its a form of awareness, of knowledge. Nothing more. When you examine the nature of intent and will you can begin to see that this intent and will lies hidden in the knowledge and awareness we come to find. All awareness and knowledge carries intent and will. For example the design you give me of what alzheimers is carries the ihtent and will that manifests that pattern. The same applies to the knowledge that says anyone can get alzheimers. When you accept this knowledge you have inadvertently set your intent to intend this pattern. The nature of awareness means that awareness can be altered, changed, erased and reformed into a new position. Awareness can be expanded and the intent and will gets expanded into the new pattern as a result. The same applies to all awareness, including the awareness of our memory. When you accept a new awareness of the memory system you may be shocked to find that your intent and will begins to manifest and access this new pattern of knowledge. For example memories not only exist inside of the brain but exist in the environment itself or within the soul. You can perceive that memories come into your consciousness form an outside source directed by your attention and you intent to absorb memories from this outside source. You may call it an omnipresent record of all things, that can be made to connect directly to the incoming channels of your conscious awareness. Hence channeling. However if you awareness only recognizes that memories are stored within the brain and the brain is damaged for some reason then you will place yourself within this position of awareness and naturally experience memory loss. When activated the awareness of multiple locations of the memory system will become active and begin generating memories from this new source of awareness. I have found this knowledge form great studies of the akashic record, the moment of now, and the presence of God. I had intended and prayed to God to help me learn to cure this ailment. I told God that I could do anything with my faith and His power. he taught me to create multiple memory systems of different configurations so that i could access all the memories of my life, and every thought i ever had in an order that i intended them to be presented to me. At first I had lost all my memories as a test from God and I wandered for months with no memories of the world. I was also in an alternate reality at the time that was being manifested in the here and now, without the past world in form. Very magical. However after awhile I learned to channel my memories form this environmental source, or from the omnipresence of God. This new knowledge and awareness took over and began to get my memories back. Now i can intend all the memories from a certain place or time to flow into me in order and when i focus on specific memories, like when i first learned something and practiced magic and power, and then all those specific memories flow into me. It is very close to the activation of telepathy and perceiving a channel that flows from your consciousness into the world around you and flows into yourself from this sources as well. It is like a transceiver that is built within your consciousness that sends and receives to all things you focus on. My point is it is the knowledge and awareness you possess that creates and aligns to the forms of perception you experience. If you are focused on a problem then that form is what you will see. However if you shift the problem into a new way or solution then the energy within that form can be released to flow into a new channel. I hope you understand.
Old 18-06-2014, 08:36 PM
Master

My own theory is that this condition results when Anandamaya kosha or karaNa sharira - causal body is constricting the flow of life's juice from the core of existence and thus deprives the person of joie de vivre. All we go through in our lives is the result of both prArbdHa karma and kriyamANa karma. I suspect that prArbdHa karma is a major contributor to this condition.
Old 18-06-2014, 09:39 PM
Master
i imagine the soul is forced to withdraw according to the severity and progression of the illness. I see the spine and skull as like a physical aerial that can receive spirit/soul force. the more damaged this aerial, the less spirit it can tap or receive. could be said that the spirit was dying, or retreating, many years before the physical organism died. i would doubt that theres alzheimers in the afterlife (if there is an afterlife) as it would seem to be a problem with the physical organism..

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 19-06-2014, 05:55 AM
Ecthalion

Hi Menon.

My Mum has had dementia for 6 years. During that time she has gone from a lively and sociable woman to an incontinent, mute and helpless person who cannot walk.
I like to think that her 'spirit' has left her body already. It might occasionally revisit for the very rare lucid moments that she has, but these have become so rare that I believe my Mum has already departed her body.
I have no real reason to believe this (hell - I'm not sure I even believe in spirits anymore!), but it makes me feel better.
Old 19-06-2014, 06:30 AM
swisscub

My nan had Alzheimers (Dementia) too. Looking back, it was a rather fast process from diagnosis to her passing away.

Modern medicine and other revolutions have overcome so many things in the past. Just throw a look into our history books: People that currently live in civilized parts of the world don't have to suffer from hunger or thirst anymore, big wipeouts like the pest have been defeated, and even modern diseases such as HIV and smaller victories over certain kinds of cancer were put under quarantine (meaning we can live with it).

The thing we gotta keep in mind is: we all still have to die one day! At least, that's how it currently is. Despite who you are, and what you think is keeping you alive for the healthiest and longest possible - we'll still get there one day.

So - it's gotta be SOMETHING that will assist you in this progress. Alzheimers is a relatively new name for something that's been around for a while, but is still considered a new thing.

In my beliefs, once your soul is leaving your physical body, a huge cleanse, and recovering, and remembering takes place. That's the same for everyone. Whether you're being pulled out of your physical body in a quick event (sudden death through accident), or whether you take your time to organize your last days and say goodbye to your loved ones in shape of a disease that takes its time before you die (your soul might have plans you might know nothing about!) "in the end, it all ends the same..." and that makes it the wonderful circle of life. Well, the physical life at least! ;)
Old 22-06-2014, 09:12 AM
Menon

Thanks all of you, I'm worried about a relative of mine, she claims she's ok, but her memory problems can be really bad sometimes and she at times forget's knowledge about common things. She is extremely stressed and exhausted due to hardships, and has suffered from chronic stress the last 25 years, and it could be a case of extreme exhaustion which is what she claims.

I hope it's exhaustion, but fear the worst. The worst part is that she refuses to even have a checkup with brain scans, blood tests etc to check it out.

Due to the non checkable reality of afterlife it's impossible to say there is an afterlife, but you have given me hope that there is, and that the mind stays as normal as it was before potential Alzheimer's.

Are there any good books about the theories of Afterlife and the immortal soul?