Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 24-09-2014, 12:26 PM
Master
I guess we wont actually know until we are in the middle of the actual experience....other than that, unless you have had an actual event, its all heresay......
Old 24-09-2014, 04:19 PM
Seeker

Ask21771. If you are asking is the Afterlife like a dream? Where the mind concocts people out of your imagination for you to interact with. Well I'm lead to believe that, no its not like that. When we leave our physical body we are a ball of energy that through thought takes on the form that we think of ourselves as. This may be with the clothes we like and the age we felt best about ourselves at. I have seen my Father four times since his passing 14 years ago. Each time he has been in different dress and at a different age. Each time however he has looked in the peak of fitness with no ailments. I think the changes were to help convey the messages he was giving me. Their surroundings, what we would consider to be material things are another product of the mind and are produced to give familiarity. If you were able to summons others at a whim, then you'd be denying their free will and would break the golden rule. If you were able to create fictional characters they would have no life force to interact with.
Old 25-09-2014, 05:49 PM
Knower

I think the mind can create images of who it wants to be there. A hero - real life, religious , folklore, etc- as a guide immediately before and after death. These can sometimes be living people. When they are lost and frightened, as you can expect approaching death, they call on those who guided them in life. And the mind creates who they want to see.
"I will go with thee and be thy guide in thy most need to go at thy side."
When we get 'there' we are more centred and accepting and so things are different
Old 27-09-2014, 01:38 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
"Fictional ones"? You mean, someone you have a crush on, like a Marilyn Monroe or suchlike? She wouldn't be there because you don't know her and she isn't in your circle of loved ones. Though it might be possible to meet her in spirit.

Earthly things like fame, fortune and physical beauty mean nothing over there. People are known by their true nature.

So what if it's something more than a crush? You said Marliyn Monroe, for example. What if she was more like a connection to someone? They never met her in person, but they've managed to become spiritually aware thanks to her? Maybe even a life-changer. Not an inspiration, but something different. Like one just comes across an interview of hers and suddenly listens and believes in what she says and does. Just out of nowhere. Would she not be with them considering the impact made on that person? You know, especially considering the circumstances?
Old 27-09-2014, 05:24 AM
Knower
You should really read the Seth Material! (available in free PDF download at www.unchainedfreedom.com) He is a non-physical entity that was channelled through Jane Roberts in the 60s-80s .... he tells us about our afterlife, that we indeed create it, as well as the life we are experiencing now.. If you believe that you will go to heaven, you will be met with a heaven experience, and wil stay there until you realize that you are the one creating it.... He explains our reality, and who we truly are through-out his books. Great stuff to read
Old 01-10-2014, 11:21 PM
Forsythia

I read this long article saying that there is love, past family members, sex but not monogamy. I guess that's all obsolete there. It was a really interesting read, I will try and see if I can find it :-)
Old 02-10-2014, 11:54 PM
jjwsmith

Bob Olson thinks it's like this is he a valid source of info
Old 04-10-2014, 12:13 AM
Suspended
Experiencer

Who would know best among this