Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology

Old 14-06-2019, 02:46 PM
Pathfinder
planet that rules you

How does the planet that rules you affect you?

Old 14-06-2019, 02:47 PM
Guide
Is there only one planet that rules you? I have found that my sun, my rising and my moon work together to "rule" me. And I would not really use the word rule. I am not an astrologer so maybe someone will be able to answer your question.
Old 14-06-2019, 02:50 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHairedWoman
Is there only one planet that rules you? I have found that my sun, my rising and my moon work together to "rule" me. And I would not really use the word rule. I am not an astrologer so maybe someone will be able to answer your question.

very good questions. your right. im here to learn astrology. i only have a basic knowledge. im wondering,,,considering the whole chart as a whole, if the planet that rules the sun sign ( i hope im saying this right) is dominate
Old 14-06-2019, 04:53 PM
Master
I feel it rules the more general, the personality, like the Sun sign. Other aspects may be influenced more by other things.

I'm ruled by Venus, and yes I can tell. Just everything that Venus is about, feminine, aesthetics etc.

The funny thing is that my Venus is in Aries, 100% masculine energies. So in that sense there's to extremes. I also have that in me concerning specific things.
Old 14-06-2019, 08:09 PM
Master

My understanding is that the planet which rules the Ascendant rules the whole chart.

With some signs the rulers have changed with the discovery of Neptune, Uranus and Pluto. For example, Pisces was traditionally ruled by Jupiter, but after Neptune was discovered then the rulership of Pisces was re-assigned to Neptune.

Esoteric astrology puts forward three rulers for each sign, depending where the person stands on their spiritual journey. There is a traditional ruler for the average person, an esoteric ruler for the disciple on the Path, and a hierarchical ruler for the Initiate. Therefore an esoteric astrologer has to have a sense of where the person is in order to assign a ruler.

So in my case, with a Capricorn Ascendant, the traditional ruler is Saturn, the esoteric ruler is also Saturn, and the hierarchical ruler is Venus. Some people consider Saturn as a difficult planet, but I am rather fond of it. Saturn is all about discipline and achievement to bring about physical manifestation.

Peace.
Old 14-06-2019, 09:02 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
My understanding is that the planet which rules the Ascendant rules the whole chart.

Hi. Do you have a direct source for that information? Thank you. ( cause if that is the case I am screwed )

I’ll come back to this post.
Old 14-06-2019, 09:06 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
I feel it rules the more general, the personality, like the Sun sign. Other aspects may be influenced more by other things.

I'm ruled by Venus, and yes I can tell. Just everything that Venus is about, feminine, aesthetics etc.

The funny thing is that my Venus is in Aries, 100% masculine energies. So in that sense there's to extremes. I also have that in me concerning specific things.

your ruled by Venus but your Venus is in Aries. Omg. How do make sense of that.....it’s so feminine but strong masculine Aires.

my Venus is in Scorpio �� it’s feminine energy �� most my chart is feminine dominant
Old 14-06-2019, 09:40 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by carebear
Hi. Do you have a direct source for that information? Thank you. ( cause if that is the case I am screwed )

I’ll come back to this post.

Take a look at http://www.astrologybooth.com/study-...uling-planets/

You say that if this is this case then you are screwed. Remember that all signs and planets have their positives and negatives. Some attributes are helpful, others present challenges.

Peace.
Old 16-06-2019, 12:44 PM
Master
The planet which rules me, is unfortunately, Saturn.

Saturn is the planet of Karma and thus it 'rules' everybody to a greater or lesser extent.

My natal Saturn just happens to be retrograde in Pisces in the Third House.

This has caused me no end of trouble throughout my life.

There is also this thing inside me which occasionally says that I need to have another "Shani Puja" done - a ceremony to ward off the malefic effects of that planet.

Old 16-06-2019, 02:59 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Take a look at http://www.astrologybooth.com/study-...uling-planets/

You say that if this is this case then you are screwed. Remember that all signs and planets have their positives and negatives. Some attributes are helpful, others present challenges.

Peace.

thank u, im researching other sources too. Learn something new every day!