Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > General Paranormal

Old 03-04-2016, 04:58 AM
Newbie ;)

Not sure what to make of it

My father passed away in the basement, drunk and depressed..I think you guys get the gist. Anyways it was always creepy going to the basement but even more so now and so I always lock the door to the basement every night, I don't know why I just do. And I always put the gate up so my dogs can't go into the office so I set it in front of the basement door. Well as I did that one late night I think it was like a little after midnight, made myself a sandwich and all of a sudden I hear the gate fall over so I go to check and the basement door is magically open. I turn on the lights to the basement and start to call down but no response. Well Ive watched way to many horror films/scary movies for me to even think of going down there. I locked the door immediately and turned the light switch off and ran myself half scared in my room. I know I had locked that door and and the fact that my dogs were acting funny the past couple days had me a little paranoid. Well a couple days later I tell my friend and she tells me that its obviously my dad trying to make contact or whatever and that Im supposed to burn a white candle with his name carved into it and burn it till its gone. Im not into the whole supernatural thing and it was too close to my dads passing I just didn't want to believe it and pretty much denied it. I wouldn't say I'm not a believer I just don't want the experience. My uncle said it was a way of him showing he was still there, I think he meant it in a comforting way.

what do you guys think? was I just super paranoid? I mean theres no way that door could have opened even if it wasn't locked. I Know without a doubt I had locked it because Im always locking it.
Old 03-04-2016, 10:04 PM
Suspended
What happened was Paranormal. Try blessing the basement area with cedar.
Old 04-04-2016, 08:41 PM
Newbie ;)

What does cedar do?
Old 06-04-2016, 06:12 PM
Suspended
Cedar can free the room from ghosts.
Old 06-04-2016, 06:33 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipp1
My father passed away in the basement, drunk and depressed..I think you guys get the gist. Anyways it was always creepy going to the basement but even more so now cking it.

Don't be scared. But don't try to contact him either. Sometimes people who pass away choose not to go beyond to the next stage of their journey. They stay for some reason or another. By trying to contact him you make it even more difficult for him .
Best thing is to pray for him and pray that God guides him through to the next stage.
I pray for him tonight.
What do you think it means that we say "rest in peace"? There are deep meanings behind old sayings.
Old 12-04-2016, 04:54 PM
Experiencer
No your not being paranoid but don't be frightened either. Yes it catches one off guard. Just smile, and shut the door back like you had it. It's likely he is letting you know he is there and ok, possibly to say goodbye as well. Our world's shouldnt mix so I would not suggest trying to directly communicate. The smile let's him know you heard him loud and clear.