Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 09-03-2016, 03:32 PM
Deactivated Account

Your favorite natural home remedy

What natural product do you use for your face, hair or skin? Aloe and lemons have been working very well for me. I like coconut oil too however, I am allergic to it, but I sometimes use it for a hair conditioning.

Recently, I had a acne breakdown thanks to sweets ( fridgie cakes lol) and I used a lemon/lemon juice on the infected area. I was blown away on how fast it reduced swelling and minimized appearance. 1 lemon = .79 cents. Acne medication= 4.99-19.99

Disclaimer: Not all foods & products have the same affect on skin, caution with allergies and adverse affects

Old 09-03-2016, 03:55 PM
Master
Echinacea tincture. This is all I use for flu-like symptoms, for the past 15 years. I take it when I feel run down, as if a cold were coming on. My symptoms are always gone the next day. I haven't had a cold or the flu in over a decade. I am not exaggerating. It works that fast and is that effective for me.
Old 09-03-2016, 04:13 PM
Master
I always only use castile soap on my skin and I exfoliate with Witch Hazel and moisturize with Vitamin E oil. It completely changed the way my skin feels. I am super sensitive and have always been acne prone and this completely cleared everything up.

-Lord Rama to Laxman
Old 09-03-2016, 07:10 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Echinacea tincture. This is all I use for flu-like symptoms, for the past 15 years. I take it when I feel run down, as if a cold were coming on. My symptoms are always gone the next day. I haven't had a cold or the flu in over a decade. I am not exaggerating. It works that fast and is that effective for me.

Really? I see it averages about 13 bucks a bottle. I just researched it, and it's a very pretty flower, they grow them all around my neighborhood. I see it is a good healing medicine remedy. My kids brings all sorts of germs home so I am wondering if it's safe for them. Ill have to research more on my own time, could definitely be something I would consider purchasing.
Old 09-03-2016, 07:14 PM
Master
My mom has given me Echinacea since I was a tiny kid every time I got the sniffles. Works like a charm.

Also - she swears by Blue Green Algae - hasn't had a cold in around 15 years.

-Lord Rama to Laxman
Old 09-03-2016, 07:16 PM
Master

With echinacea, you only need a drop at a time. It really lasts.

Don't have it if you are just ahead of an operation tho.

I'm doing well on Agnus castus for calming down the hormones. And ginseng as I'm incredibly exhausted. I've got Siberean ginseng as that is a slow release, apparently korean ginseng is a quick hit.

Hornbeam is what I'm after at the moment as that will help with my procrastination but i will get it tomorrow.
Old 09-03-2016, 07:19 PM
Master

Toasted sesame seeds are great if you want to get things moving !!!
Old 09-03-2016, 07:19 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon_Glow
I always only use castile soap on my skin and I exfoliate with Witch Hazel and moisturize with Vitamin E oil. It completely changed the way my skin feels. I am super sensitive and have always been acne prone and this completely cleared everything up.

YES! I use Vitamin E oil for under eye and as moisturizer. I do occasionally like to use Nutrogena too. E looks good under make up too, gives it a bit of a glow. It also helped decreased the dark circles I had a bit. You know when I was younger and had money to throw around ( lol) I would pay over 30.00 for a moisturizer. It's kind of silly now that I think about it. There are better options for much cheaper prices and so much better health wise. Lots of chemicals in facial products.

I'll have to look more into Witch Hazel ( I googled a bit about it, seems to have good reviews). I normally use an apricot scrub product ( from store) but open to new things. My skin is not really sensitive, but my moms was. She was someone who very rarely wore makeup and rarely used things on her face. She is in her 60's and her facial skin is clean and rarely has wrinkles compared to a lot of people her age. I know the sun can probably be most damaging I have read, and that is something she tries to stay clear from.

Here is a list of chemicals in beauty products to look for. Just random for members to read.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/vaness...b_4168587.html
Old 09-03-2016, 08:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover
YES! I use Vitamin E oil for under eye and as moisturizer. I do occasionally like to use Nutrogena too. E looks good under make up too, gives it a bit of a glow. It also helped decreased the dark circles I had a bit. You know when I was younger and had money to throw around ( lol) I would pay over 30.00 for a moisturizer. It's kind of silly now that I think about it. There are better options for much cheaper prices and so much better health wise. Lots of chemicals in facial products.

I'll have to look more into Witch Hazel ( I googled a bit about it, seems to have good reviews). I normally use an apricot scrub product ( from store) but open to new things. My skin is not really sensitive, but my moms was. She was someone who very rarely wore makeup and rarely used things on her face. She is in her 60's and her facial skin is clean and rarely has wrinkles compared to a lot of people her age. I know the sun can probably be most damaging I have read, and that is something she tries to stay clear from.

Here is a list of chemicals in beauty products to look for. Just random for members to read.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/vaness...b_4168587.html

Hey Clover!

Just an FYI - I worked for Clinique several years back and was taught in a skincare class that Apricot Scrubs - while they do exfoliate - their "beads" are not round, but rough and cause tiny tears in the skin - irritating those who are already sensitive.

If you like these kinds of scrubs - try and find one with perfectly round beads as they do not puncture the skin.

On a side not - anything with little beads in it is very dangerous for the environment - these pellets do not disintegrate and pollute the ocean causing terrible pollution... the fish try and eat them and end up dying...

Also EWG.ORG is a FANTASTIC resource for information on beauty products, food and much more.

-Lord Rama to Laxman
Old 10-03-2016, 03:45 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle
Toasted sesame seeds are great if you want to get things moving !!!

Oh yeah? I should buy some today, they add great texture to food. I had some cactus with egg once, not bad.

Quote:
Whole sesame seeds contain about 88 mg of calcium per tablespoon of seeds. Just a quarter cup of natural sesame seeds provides more calcium than a whole cup of milk.

Seems like we have a lot of echinacea users here. I must have been hiding under a rock. Glad I know about it. Def getting some to test out. I like collecting vitamin health products in general.