Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 11-02-2013, 05:06 AM
StephenK

Juicing for weight loss and health

First watch the movie:

Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead (2011)
http://www.hulu.com/watch/289122

Then visit this site afterwards:
http://www.rebootwithjoe.com/

There is no money involved since he gives away all the info you need for free
http://www.rebootwithjoe.com/rebooting/plans/

My wife and I are on day three of our own juice fasting, though we're modifying it a bit different than theirs.. :^) We'll be doing all juicing during the weekends, then during the work week we'll be juicing in the morning, eating a good salad for lunch and juicing again in the evening... we figured this isn't a competition so what's the big hurry... :^)

The movie is amazingly inspiring... and so are the testimonials from those who tried it at the following url...
http://www.rebootwithjoe.com/category/blog/rebootprofiles/

There is an option on the site for those who want to pay for someone to hold their hands, but this is so optional as to be essentially irrelevant...

This has finally kicked my wife an I into juicing and we're loving the process... We've owned our juicer for about a year... it's about time we dusted it off and finally put it to work! :^)
Old 11-02-2013, 09:35 PM
Knower
Hi Stephen

I was introduced to ‘Rebooting’ by watching Joes’ film. First Joe and then Phil were so inspirational; I pretty much decided that I was going to do it before I was even half way through watching. I was fairly open-minded to begin with, but after around 10 days of juicing I was seriously surprised at how good I actually felt.

I did prepare for the reboot a little, simply by eliminating meat, dairy and caffeine from my diet for a week prior to starting to juice. I’m glad I did; I’ve heard that it’s quite common to suffer with bad headaches if you go straight from a regular diet to juicing. I did have headaches for the first day or two, but this soon improved once I increased my daily water intake.

I was never hungry, which I must say did surprise me. And I felt great; I had loads of energy, slept better, my skin looked healthier and I lost weight.

Like you, I was also modifying. I was juicing during the day and my evening meal was either steamed vegetables; cauliflower, carrot, sweet potato, butternut squash, sprouts - or roasted vegetables that had a little olive oil, garlic and herbs thrown over them; peppers, red onion, zucchini, carrot, parsnips, squash, eggplant, beets, celery - or home-made soup. I’d quite often blitz the roasted veg in a blender with tomatoes and water, which made a delicious and very filling soup. I also did a spicy red lentil soup with chili,cumin and lemon, again very filling and delicious.

I had a few hit and a few miss juice recipes! I decided to try and replicate gazpacho, so juiced tomato, peppers, cucumber and red onion. It was vile! I like onion, but this was like drinking straight onion juice, urghhh so nasty! (and I only used less than a quarter medium onion) A lot of the Reboot recipes include kale, but I couldn’t stand the taste, so I used spinach, white cabbage and red cabbage instead. I made a note of every juice I made, so if it was a miss at least I knew what not to try again!

I had planned on starting again last week, but I’ve picked up a cold. As soon as I’m over it, I’ll be back on the juice!

I wish both you and your wife all the best with your juicing.

‘Juice On!’….as they say!

Haruki Murakami
Old 11-02-2013, 10:11 PM
Deactivated Account

what happens to your teeth, if you don't use them once in awhile ?

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 11-02-2013, 11:14 PM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metropolis

I had planned on starting again last week, but I’ve picked up a cold. As soon as I’m over it, I’ll be back on the juice!

We just started our first run at this the other day when my wife called in sick from work with a cold... after the first day of juicing she was completely over it! :^) We actually earmarked juicing as a means of dealing with all future colds!

Thanks for all the detailed information! We are still feeling our way around this and figure we'll be something of experts on the process after we've totally blown it a bunch!! :^) I completely understand the onion thingy! We made one juice with a bit of onion and will not likely repeat that one!

Our favorite so far is the good ol Gerson Apple and Carrot juice... we tried it with a little bit of beet added to it this morning and still found it to be rather pleasant. My wife was concerned about the sugars in both the apple and carrots combined and I found something that we're trying that's suppose to help mitigate this... it seems that if you mix in a raw (organic :^) egg yoke then the fats in the yoke will offset the sugars, as well as deliver a ton of nutrients... we'll be trying this a bit with our fruitier juices and see how that works... We're still working around the coffee aspect of this... we really like our morning coffee (still fluid?) but we did add the hot water and lemon juice as our morning start-up fluid...

We're essentially using this first run-through on juicing as a means of scouting the process. We figure over time we can deepen it as we further adjust our sea legs...

What kind of juicer are you using? We picked up an Omega Juicer from Mercola.com some time ago.. they had/still have it for $235US with free shipping, while everyone else has raised the price for same to $259 or more. I think they call this a Masticating juicer... it chews rather than spins and only turns at around 80rpm... the pulp comes out pretty dry so we seem to be getting the most out of our produce. The spinning kind are usually cheaper but when the extra produce needed is factored-in the cost of the less expensive ones can go up pretty quickly... particularly when one is doing as much juicing as we're starting to do! :^)

Thanks again for your response Metropolis! This stuff is fun and dern healthy!! :^)
Old 11-02-2013, 11:17 PM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Angel
what happens to your teeth, if you don't use them once in awhile ?

The mercury fillings fall out, they re-mineralize, filling-in all the previous cavities, and they each turn a brilliant hollywood-style white again!!! (I wish... :^)
Old 11-02-2013, 11:35 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenK
The mercury fillings fall out, they re-mineralize, filling-in all the previous cavities, and they each turn a brilliant hollywood-style white again!!! (I wish... :^)

Wow ! awesome, lol !

I don't mean to sound like I am a doubting Thomas, but really ... I find it difficult to believe that one day of juicing can cure a cold.

Expect Miracles !

Old 12-02-2013, 03:37 AM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Angel
I don't mean to sound like I am a doubting Thomas, but really ... I find it difficult to believe that one day of juicing can cure a cold.
The surprise in this case was that she got sick at all... We've been rather spoiled having not been ill for going on three years now. A part of it does make sense though... she's back to working in an institutional setting surrounded by a complex population, and we did move back near a large city, so the toxicity level is higher and our exposure to pathogens have increased exponentially.... and then of course it wasn't just the juicing that did it... we've been working these last couple of years at restoring and then enhancing our immune system through good foods, probiotics and lessening our toxicity exposure. So the juicing only further enhanced a beneficial process that we already have in place..... though I must say it's a pleasant addition... :^)
Old 12-02-2013, 12:27 PM
Deactivated Account

Thanks for explaining Stephen, I thought the juicing was one of those ' miracle, instant cures '. Yes, a healthier way of eating definitely has benefits. Thanks for sharing and bringing them to our attention.

Expect Miracles !

Old 15-02-2013, 11:02 AM
silent whisper

Juicing I find is so cleansing and healing for my body...

The one thing I really note is my energy levels increase...I feel more alive...clear..:)

And the more alkaline fruits and vegetables, the better the detox..

Glad you have found the wonderful healing benefits Stephen.
Old 15-02-2013, 03:13 PM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent whisper
Juicing I find is so cleansing and healing for my body...
The one thing I really note is my energy levels increase...I feel more alive...clear..:)
And the more alkaline fruits and vegetables, the better the detox..
Glad you have found the wonderful healing benefits Stephen.

Juicing is remarkable! And makes so much sense... it allows for a great deal of diversity when it comes to vegetable and differing fruit exposures... we can control the glycemic exposure a number of ways, so the idea that it's just a sugar rush can easily be mitigated. Micro nutrients is the key exposure... we can juice in the place of supplements, which is much better than most of synthetic vitamins that are on the market today...

Another great resource is the Juice Lady (there are many great sources for good information on the web, I just happen to be studying her work right now :^)

http://www.juiceladycherie.com/Juice/
Fresh juice offers health benefits nothing else can match. Not only does juice provide your body with water and easily absorbed protein, carbohydrates, essential fatty acids, vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and phytonutrients, it also provides a substance that’s more difficult to measure that is present in raw foods – biophotons, which are light raws of energy absorbed by the plants.
-------------

Juicing is incredibly interesting, and a very rich addition toward improving and then maintaining a rich experience with optimum health! :^)