Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 02-05-2011, 12:39 PM
Master
carbs are your worst enemy in diets. too much of them that is. they make you fat, sluggish and unhealthy. Lean proteins make you feel full. Fruit and veggies make you feel great.

An easier way to start vegetarian diets is get some meat substitutes at the supermarket and use them in place of meat. M make a curry on vegetables with the meat substitutes and eat it with no rice.
Things like vegetable soups are really healthy too.
Protien shakes area good breakfast or mid meal snack.
actualy I just saw this today will share it
I am going to do this for a few weeks
Green tea helps you lose weight. I just found that out today

http://www.nowloss.com/ways-to-speed...fat-faster.htm
Old 03-05-2011, 12:40 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyVirgoxoxo
I feel so unhealthy it's ridiculous. I want something to help my mom and my best friend too because we are all so unhealthy! I'm stressed out 9 out of 12 months of the year because of school. I never have time for anything else because of school! School takes up so much time out of my life and I hate it. Summer is coming soon so that means I'll have time for so much but school will be right around the corner come August! I'm starting college in August too so that'll be even more stressful. I always feel tired, I think it's because of my anemia. I don't really have a lot of energy. I haven't exercised since gym in freshman year. I never really liked gym anyway so advice on some other forms of exercise would be great. Like I'm not very fond of sports. Neither is my mom nor my best friend. I'm mainly looking for exercise advice and what to add to my diet to become healthier. I want healthy, organic food.
And as for my mom, I think she's diabetic. We're not sure because she refuses to go to the doctor and take a blood test. She's scared of what he'll find. So she needs to cut back on her sugar intake. She needs some type of exercise too. Something soft and not having to take up too much energy. She's stressed out 24/7/12 months a year!
For my best friend: I know she's definitely really unhealthy. She wants to be a vegetarian yet she doesn't have the proper nutrition to do so. How can i help her get healthy vegetarian foods? She would also like to exercise too. How can I help her with that?

P.S.: I would like some type of exercise that helps me build strength and tone every area of my body especially my butt.

for strength and toning i reccomend pilates and weight lifting

for your mother we need to know whether it's type one or type 2

cut out all white carbs, sugar, sweets, juices, high gi fruits (look up glucose index)

for protien do beans, eggs, nuts, tofu avacados etc
try making fruit smoothies with almond milk and yogurt in the mornings
and doing salads for lunch and dinner
Old 16-05-2011, 09:27 AM
adamiava

Some great ideas here, I too, have a really bad diet and I am sure it affects me in more ways than one..

I need to make some big changes, starting today with drinking more water as I don't drink any liquids at all during the day...very bad :(

Thanks for the info!!
Old 14-06-2011, 09:43 AM
Roofus

While I myself follow a pretty extreme 100% vegan diet and wouldn't recommend it to everybody, I think the importance of eating fresh, green, raw vegetables is underestimated. When I feel tired and chew on some spinach or other greens, I immediately feel revitalised. Actually, I eat salads every day, sometimes also mixed with fruit. For example, chicory (which is somewhat bitter in taste) an oranges are a great combination.

I recommend watching some raw foodism videos, even if you don't want to become a hardcore raw foodie (I also eat cooked foods) you'll still get lots of inspiration and knowledge about what might be good for you. Check out David Wolfe and Dr Robert Cassar if you're interested.

Happy eating
Old 14-06-2011, 03:43 PM
Master
I've heard that eating 90 percent of fruits and vegies will help you loose weight, so if you cheat even if the 90 percent is fruit and vegies it will help. I've found for myself lots of fruits and vegies help me loose weight and help me feel way much better. I drink lots of fresh juices everyday that I get juiced at my local coop. I eat lots of good fats from eg. avocados.
And yoga is very very good. You can get great beginner dvd's or go to a local gym and sign up for a beginner yoga class if you feel you need help. Sometimes people think that yoga is too hard because they see people in some very weird poses but trust me beginners yoga is very easy to do. I use wailana dvds and the best to start out with is beginners and go on from there. She has a website which you can google you can also youtube wailana beginner poses and go that route. I've done yoga on and off for many years, and trust me, it really builds so much muscle and it's very calming and more intense than you think and you will feel so much better because you're more flexible in body and mind, and doing yoga stablizes your hormones by massaging inner organs, and also makes you want to eat healthier. I know that wai lana is played early mornings on PBS as well.
If you want to eat bread get sprouted wheat, I don't eat carbs and avoid them at all costs. If you want to get good protein you can get it from vegies such as brocolli and mushrooms. I weigh 210 however I don't look it, I look 160. I feel a lot is muscle from my yoga and also I swim about 15 miles a week. Don't go by the scale, go by inches and your total body fat.
Good luck :)
Spiritlite.
Old 15-06-2011, 03:03 AM
Ascender

Just eating tomatoes more often and drinking orange juice everyday has made me feel healthy!
Old 15-06-2011, 03:02 PM
Master
Isn't it a great feeling? But something like carrot juice would be healthier, less sugar :0)
Spiritlite
Old 15-06-2011, 09:28 PM
Ascender

I'll try that! I've never had it before.
Old 15-06-2011, 09:58 PM
Master
It's really good :)
Spiritlite
Old 18-06-2011, 11:08 PM
akatreehuggerni

Bunny

Tofu is an option but some people find the texture a little odd (I'm one of those people ) if your friend feels the same she can always add something like veggie burger crumbles to it (which is what I do ).