Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 08-03-2012, 03:25 PM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy green
Indeed - good that you bring this up. I always feel disappointed on this site when I see egos being defended rather than points being pursued in a more considered, spiritual manner. It's my yardstick for how spiritual someone is, i.e. to what extent someone is self-absorbed/egocentric to me speaks volumes on how far along the Path they are. Sorry to have sidetracked the topic of this thread but - time for reflection here, I feel? Or, to bring it back on topic, organic assam tea would be a good tea break at this point!?

I first want to thank you for posting this... It's been interesting to explore the significance behind what you're doing by posting what you did...

What you're defining as "ego" is not a mere black and white thing.. there are those who use anger and guilt to simply cover for their own insecurities,
while there are those who use anger as a motivator and use guilt at a means of moving those who wouldn't move otherwise...

Among the later are the "doers". People like Martin Luther King, Mother Teresa, the leaders of the suffrage movement, those who helped to
dismantle slavery, those who are tracking the current movements of the food industry and are noting the dead alleyways that they're taking us
down... these folks are experiencing anger via empathy and while viewing-with-clarity, and are acting-on what they're seeing in a comprehensive way.

And then there are those who would dampen that progress... they would do it by drawing on words/imagery like "ego" and "undisciplined" in order to
gain an artificial authority over those they disagree with. They certainly can't challenge the person on merit, so they use this end-round in an
attempt to stifle the individual that's in motion...

Now me personally I don't like being on the receiving end of this anger but when I stand back a bit, and see the spirit and where it's going, I see great
wisdom being expressed, and am cheering-on it's ultimate possibility for follow-through...

What I truly dislike, and see very little value in, are the folks who do very little, to nothing, and then try and claim this artificial high-ground at the
expense of content. I'm not pointing at you with this comment but there are those here where this observation applies.

I personally enjoy listening to the kind of angry people who are bring a good punch in regards to insight... after all, you're much freer to express yourself today
because of the angry women who challenged convention and were the driving force behind the womens movement. If there was ego involved
so-be-it... I would much rather see ego involved in the execution of good works and forward-motion action, than see quiet and well trained
do-nothing individuals, passing themselves off as being spiritually developed... :^)
Old 08-03-2012, 03:40 PM
DebbyM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenK
I first want to thank you for posting this... It's been interesting to explore the significance behind what you're doing by posting what you did...... I would much rather see ego involved in the execution of good works and forward-motion action, than see quiet and well trained
do-nothing individuals, passing themselves off as being spiritually developed... :^)

Just curious as to how you define or determine 'ego'. Because that might also be entirely subjective don't you think?
Old 08-03-2012, 03:45 PM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyM
Just curious as to how you define or determine 'ego'. Because that might also be entirely subjective don't you think?

Of course.... :^)
Old 08-03-2012, 03:54 PM
DebbyM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenK
I first want to thank you for posting this... It's been interesting to explore the significance behind what you're doing by posting what you did...... I would much rather see ego involved in the execution of good works and forward-motion action, than see quiet and well trained

Just curious as to how you determine 'ego'. Might your opinion on that score be entirely subjective?

(sorry for the double post. was trying to clarify when you popped in there Stephen.)