Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 19-06-2015, 06:13 PM
Angelia

Focusing On The Good

I used to write in my journal every night about what took place that day and found that many of the entries were very negative and depressing and my life just kept getting worse. What I do now is only focus on the good. I only write about the good events that happened that day. I list them off and then read over them repeatedly. My goal is to see the list get longer each day and so far that has been the case! I think this exercise will not only bring more good into my life but help eliminate those annoying doubts that come into my mind when I try to manifest :)
Old 19-06-2015, 06:16 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelia
What I do now is only focus on the good. I only write about the good events that happened that day. I list them off and then read over them repeatedly. My goal is to see the list get longer each day and so far that has been the case!

Excellent idea !!!
Old 19-06-2015, 06:24 PM
Thumbs up

Ha!
Bentinho Massaro just said in a CD I listen to in the car...
'Place your attention on what you desire.'
Then, he said...How does it feel to focus on your present money situation?
Focus on what you WANT! Doesn't that feel better?

Sounds a lot like Abraham -Hicks.
I have a friend that Journals every morning for decades, a retired psychotherapist...
I never met a more troubled, stuck person...always
focusing on the past...yesterday's 'e-m-o-t-ions'...blech...

You have the right idea!!!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 19-06-2015, 08:10 PM
Robertj

Quote:
I used to write in my journal every night about what took place that day and found that many of the entries were very negative and depressing and my life just kept getting worse. What I do now is only focus on the good. I only write about the good events that happened that day. I list them off and then read over them repeatedly. My goal is to see the list get longer each day and so far that has been the case! I think this exercise will not only bring more good into my life but help eliminate those annoying doubts that come into my mind when I try to manifest :)

Yup, makes perfect sense to me. We really do get more of what we focus on :)
Old 27-06-2015, 09:42 PM
StephaneRaymond

You are now reaffirming positive energy and surrounding yourself in it. Like attracts like
Old 01-07-2015, 09:33 AM
Seeker

Quote:

great idea i'll start trying this out right away!
Old 24-11-2015, 10:53 PM
Suspended

-- hugs up to da repelon sky-- ie how much are the cactus.- -
. paying focus
. 'to all the'
. yes it is -
. coming right up -
. does- & is a
. got us somewheres.- -

Last edited by yeshee camar : 24-11-2015 at 11:57 PM.
Old 25-11-2015, 04:10 AM
Nettles

Words...what I mean is the difference between, "Today at work my knee acted up and swelled to the size of an orange, I'm worried about it hurting too much and can't work like this again."

-OR-

Today at work I remembered how lucky I am to have a knee...to have two legs, two arms and grateful also to have a job. I also was reminded to treasure and take care of my body. I'm just too blessed to be distressed..."

I'm a big fan of keeping journals. I have different journals for different purposes and take various approaches to how I write in them. Focusing on the positive is awesome ANY time, I mean with spoken words too. Many moons ago if I heard myself say a negative thing, such as, "I am sick and tired of...." I said "cancel" to cancel putting that "out there." It worked. One day I realized I hadn't said "cancel" in a long while and thought I must be forgetting but on reflection I realized that I wasn't saying "cancel" because I wasn't saying negative things. It's been decades since I have used the word cancel in that context.

Since my daughter was born I tell her, every night, why I love her. The sentence goes, "You...*insert reason*...and THAT is why I love you today." She is 17 years old now...that's well over 6,000 reasons she has been told someone loves her, LoL. I know that isn't really what you're talking about but the journal thing reminded me. I wrote them all down for the first 3 years but lost the journal during a move. When I told her I lost our good night book and all those reasons I love her she said, "It's OK mom, I remember them." LoL
Old 25-11-2015, 04:37 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nettles
Words...what I mean is the difference between, "Today at work my knee acted up and swelled to the size of an orange, I'm worried about it hurting too much and can't work like this again."

-OR-

Today at work I remembered how lucky I am to have a knee...to have two legs, two arms and grateful also to have a job. I also was reminded to treasure and take care of my body. I'm just too blessed to be distressed..."

I'm a big fan of keeping journals. I have different journals for different purposes and take various approaches to how I write in them. Focusing on the positive is awesome ANY time, I mean with spoken words too. Many moons ago if I heard myself say a negative thing, such as, "I am sick and tired of...." I said "cancel" to cancel putting that "out there." It worked. One day I realized I hadn't said "cancel" in a long while and thought I must be forgetting but on reflection I realized that I wasn't saying "cancel" because I wasn't saying negative things. It's been decades since I have used the word cancel in that context.

Since my daughter was born I tell her, every night, why I love her. The sentence goes, "You...*insert reason*...and THAT is why I love you today." She is 17 years old now...that's well over 6,000 reasons she has been told someone loves her, LoL. I know that isn't really what you're talking about but the journal thing reminded me. I wrote them all down for the first 3 years but lost the journal during a move. When I told her I lost our good night book and all those reasons I love her she said, "It's OK mom, I remember them." LoL

Excellent post Nettles !

I like that saying " I'm just too blessed to be distressed "

Also using the word " cancel " after negative thoughts, I have heard that somewhere before, but thanks for the reminder

and very cool with your last story with your daughter ! Awesome !

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction