Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 03-02-2013, 08:29 AM
Ciqala

11 Questions you can answer all related to death

Forgive me,
I realize some of these questions are oftentimes left unspoken in societies moral code, but am curious to know:

1. What is Death to you?

2. Are we just fleshy blimps in some meaningless stew of cosmic oblivion?

3. Why do some people put death on such a pedestal? Some fear it, and some are mesmerized it, like those who go on Gore Sites and watch snuff films for shock value.

4. What is the ultimate meaning of having a body? Why is it so important, if all each of us are made of the same thing, blood and bones, and if we all die the same anyways?

5. How have you learned to see everyone for who they are on the inside, instead of just their bodies? And do you love and respect your own vessel?

6. Is there a spiritual meaning or reasoning behind the action of murder? What are your views on it, and have you ever thought of taking someones life or just how easy it would be to? Thoughts...

7. Why is the human body so resilient and built for survival yet other times death happens so easily?

8. Why should gory deaths bother us if we know the person whom has died, does not feel it? Or is it just that we are putting ourselves in their shoes?

9. What do you think about ancient egyptian mummification? According to myth, they didn't think they were preserving their bodies for the underworld, but instead, to be able to come back to life some day. Possible? Impossible?

10. Is there spiritual background to those who have sexual attractions to the dead?

11. Lastly, if bodies are such perfect creations, (and they are undoubtfully if you study anatomy) then why do we have to void our bowels all the time, among other disgusting and annoying things?
And ultimately, if they are so amazing, why would we not take them with us after we die? Why are they just left to rot?

Old 03-02-2013, 04:04 PM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciqala

Forgive me,
I realize some of these questions are oftentimes left unspoken in societies moral code, but am curious to know:

1. What is Death to you? End of the body life start of the energy life. There is no such thing as pure death.

NO, we have a Soul that part of us that goes on and on and we have a Spirit that is that essence of whom we were that is like a footprint in the sand we leave behind.

3. Why do some people put death on such a pedestal? Some fear it, and some are mesmerized it, like those who go on Gore Sites and watch snuff films for shock value.

To each their own. To some that is maybe how they accept death and deal with it.

4. What is the ultimate meaning of having a body? Why is it so important, if all each of us are made of the same thing, blood and bones, and if we all die the same anyways?
Play, when I think of all the senses and sensations the body has why not want one to have. Even the feel of fingers hitting the keys as I type has a vibration of energy to it.

5. How have you learned to see everyone for who they are on the inside, instead of just their bodies? And do you love and respect your own vessel?
Yes. The body is but a frame to hold the pure value of us our Soul.

6. Is there a spiritual meaning or reasoning behind the action of murder? What are your views on it, and have you ever thought of taking someones life or just how easy it would be to? Thoughts...

Yes, lessons on that path of Enlightenment. If we are to be that devine being of Light then do we not have to also have that part of the Dark in us to understand all sides of things. I work at times with those that have committed murder to help their Ghost move over to the Light that is there for them aswell. (not the fires of Hell either ) . Its easy to take a life and I am sure we have all had those thoughts as we can all do that act.

7. Why is the human body so resilient and built for survival yet other times death happens so easily?

The path for the Soul. When one's time is up it simply is up and one transcends to energy form again.

8. Why should gory deaths bother us if we know the person whom has died, does not feel it? Or is it just that we are putting ourselves in their shoes?

We are here to learn and in that we were given emotions. I can put me in the shoes of one that has died and experience with them that death event. In that I know well we do not suffer along. It does both us as we know our time too will come.

9. What do you think about ancient egyptian mummification? According to myth, they didn't think they were preserving their bodies for the underworld, but instead, to be able to come back to life some day. Possible? Impossible?

We all come back to life in a sense. We come back as Spirit that essence of energy that was very much us. We simply transform from the body to the energy body.

10. Is there spiritual background to those who have sexual attractions to the dead?

Maybe a past life connection at times. I am not sure on this question. Its rather dark in the mental illess aspects of what one might well suffer from.

11. Lastly, if bodies are such perfect creations, (and they are undoubtfully if you study anatomy) then why do we have to void our bowels all the time, among other disgusting and annoying things?
And ultimately, if they are so amazing, why would we not take them with us after we die? Why are they just left to rot?

Is it realy discusting voiding the body of waste ? What goes in must come out. In that too we learn much in what we like and dont like. what is good for us to eat and what might well kill us. I do not see our body as a perfect creation we are flawed but too we have so much to learn from that body we have.

Is our body just left to rot, I feel not our body returns to what it once was the Earth. We do in a way take it with us. When I work with Spirits I can at times see them as physical as I see a living person so they have the body they had. Just that its energy that is seen now not flesh and bone.

Lynn
Old 03-02-2013, 06:31 PM
sesheta

1. What is Death to you? -

To me, Death is merely a passage from this life, to the next....

- In a sense, I guess we are all very small "blimps" floating in the Universe! However, we are certainly, in each life we have (if you believe in reincarnation..) here for a reason - we may spend most of our lives trying to understand what that reason is - but there is always a reason for our existence....

- I think that is more based on how someone perceives Death - whether they consider it an ending, with nothing after - whether they fear dying - it is all a matter of perception, in my opinion. As for watching gory movies, etc....I think that is simply a part of human nature that needs to face that ultimate fear - or maybe it just gives us the opportunity to realize how fleeting our life can be, and to not take time for granted....

- Well, without a physical body, life wouldn't be nearly as much fun, lolol!! Think of all the things you do on a regular basis - if you had no physical body, most of those things would be impossible! We learn a great deal through our senses.....

- I very much love & respect my own body....As for others, I think most of us learn slowly, over time, that a person's real "beauty" or worth, is who they are inside....

- There is always a reason for everything. I am not a violent person by nature, but I know without a doubt that if someone were to physically threaten me, or physically threaten someone I love - or one of my beloved cats - I would have no problem at all stopping them by any means necessary......

- Very good question.....But ultimately, I think that when it's your time, it is your time. The movie "Premonition" with Sandra Bullock, is one of my favorites - it focuses on that subject of whether or not you can stop someone's death or not......I recommend it!

- I think it is simply that we get concerned that the person suffered before their death - whether that death was "gory" or if it was from a drawn-out disease....As humans, we hate to think of someone suffering....Thus the reason why, when someone has died after battling with illness/disease for a long time, we also feel a sense of comfort/relief, knowing that their pain & suffering has finally ended.....

- I have always connected strongly to ancient Egypt, so the concept of mummification fascinates me...I have mentioned to people before that I would love to be mummified when I die. And yes, I also believe that physical immortality can be possible....but that is a whole other issue, lolol!

- I think this is an issue which would need to be dealt with through a psychiatrist/therapist who is trained in that area...I don't find anything "spiritual" about that concept...that is a mental issue.....

-Yes, the human body is an amazing creation but, ultimately, we are still "creatures", like all other animals on this planet, and our bodies need to perform in a certain way for us to survive! Simply the way we're built...

- If physical immortality can be attained, we can indeed keep our body for a very long time! However, until that is achieved.....we need to shed one shell or skin, in order to renew ourselves and start over - like a snake shedding it's skin...or a caterpillar becoming a butterfly - transformation.....
Old 03-02-2013, 08:26 PM
lurker011

my logical opinion is that death is the ultimate end. there is nothing afterward and i know that a lot of people here would be shocked when they die to find out that there is nothing there..well,actually,they won't be shocked,they will just not know or feel anything. everyone here is just stating opinions and not facts. we all selfishly want to believe in souls and spirits and afterlife,but there is no evidence for it and i will never believe in anything that i do not see. so,when i die that will be it,i will not even know that i ever existed.
Old 04-02-2013, 05:15 AM
StephenK

Quote:

Forgive me,

1. What is Death to you?

1. stuff happens
2. I'm a person
3. people are creatively weird
4. there is no "ultimate" that currently makes a difference... we just have a body... take care of it...
5. when I'm around another person I feel stuff... I respond to that... I couldn't begin to create a human cell, nature creates around 30 billion a day inside my body, and effectively disposes of those that have died... how could I not respect that!?
6. murder is a dumb way to make and keep friends...
7. define "easily"? death usually occurs after years of bodily abuse through poor diet and neglect... of course we sometimes fall from high places, now that's an easy way to die..
8. oye
9. oye
10. oye
11. ... but if you did study anatomy then you would know...

"Why are they just left to rot? "
they don't just "rot"... they become food for other creatures much like other creatures are food for us... this cycle of life is quite fascinating.... :^)
Old 04-02-2013, 06:09 AM
Ascender

Quote:
1. What is Death to you?

Physically, the cessation of a life process. Psychically, a transition-- based on the physical, because even being eaten by worms in a grave is a transfer of energy.

It's finding power in stepping down into a lower position, it's the... satisfaction, for lack of better term, in admitting that, "I was wrong."

Quote:

Yes, because the attribution of meaning is, itself, a concern of a small (though not irrelevant) perspective. And we are fleshy blimps on that level and lower. Once we transcend the fleshy blimpiness, we may very well transcend "meaning" as understood on that level of perspective.

Quote:

It could be the "morbidity" of death becomes taboo, therefore it becomes a fetish, appeals to rebellion for its own sake.

It could also be: the resistance to holding death as equal value to life, to maintain life as more important than death... well, it can be an obstacle to humility, grief, adjustment to loss. A resistance to a part of nature. If you always appreciate death, then the appreciation of life will follow (unless, of course, other people's understanding of "death appreciation" is wildly different from mine.) However, it is possible to appreciate life at the exclusion of the appreciation of death. That's why death is more suited to the pedestal, than life. Life can get quite arrogant on its pedestal, while death just is.

Quote:

We have a body, in order to manifest our acts and will in a physical plane. It is important because we are made of the same thing, not in spite of it. It is important because we die, not in spite of it.

Quote:

I haven't. If the physical realm is a translation of our spirit, then we must miss a lot in translation. Still, it's what we have-- of others, it is all I have. So, I do love and respect this vessel.

Quote:

I'm sure there are many spiritual meanings and reasonings behind murder.

It could come about from lack of empathy or sensitivity: it can be difficult to see from the outside that somebody else's life is equally important as yours. Some people can shut down feeling the pain and cold of another. Others find an inflated sense of empowerment, in having "stuck it" to the social and cultural taboo.

Being of a wrathful disposition myself, I certainly have thought of taking someone's life. I still advocate the death penalty for those who are proudly a danger to society and innocent people (though I am aware of systemic flaws, where actual dangers to society can slip past, and innocent people who are victims of prejudice can get put on death row.) Some things can't be undone, but I believe some of those things must still be done.

Quote:

Probably because of your question two. We are meat, cooking in a turbulent stew. Some come out delicious, others come out burned.

Whoops! I'm out of time, I'll answer the other four later.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:52 PM
Ascender

Quote:

Gory deaths imply pain. A vast majority of people, as a result of survival instincts, would feel averse to pain. It's not so much the shoes, as... the nerves, and how attached we are to keeping a certain amount of blood inside our veins, and how attached we are to our tendons (and, hopefully, how attached tendons and ligaments will be to us), and the wholeness of our bones.

Time is fluid, in our minds. The dead person doesn't feel it anymore, but to see the result sparks some awfully horrific imaginings of what they must have gone through at the moment of death.

Quote:

Oh, the previous question could be a carry-over from funeral rites as well. Mummification might appear to be a gory process, but that was a preservation ritual. Ancient Greeks also believed the physical body should be whole, or else in the afterlife you would continue to experience being similarly damaged.

I wouldn't say any of that is impossible, but, I think these were just ways that the living wanted to honor and make sense of death. Death itself remains quite mysterious, for the most part.

Quote:

Sure, why not. Maybe not all necrophiles, but I wouldn't say that it never happens.

Quote:

Those disgusting annoying things are part of the perfection.

Or else they aren't, in which case the study of anatomy and attribution of perfect creations is thrown into doubt.

Quote:

The rotting is part of the perfection: not perfection isolated to the body, but the perfect process as part of the world.
Old 09-02-2013, 12:26 PM
Knower

If no physical body ever died, then none would ever be able to live. Are bodies are sustained purely by the death of the food we eat- animals, plants, seeds, everything is life that exists for a while and then goes on to sustain other life. The constant rise and fall of physical forms is the flux that defines life.
Our bodies constantly create new cells and tissues as others die and are broken down. This is how it maintains itself as a functioning being. And so the earth as a living organism does the same. The individual is irrelevant in the face of the Whole.
Old 10-02-2013, 06:56 AM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannah
. The individual is irrelevant in the face of the Whole.

Absolutely yes.... and... Absolutely no

There are two perspectives at work here... this observation is conditional as to which perspective you're standing-in when assessing our place in this physical universe. As an organism among organisms we are a flash in the pan... so tiny and minute as to be statistically, quantifiably, observationally irrelevant... we are such a speck in relation to the universe that there simply is no negative number small enough in order to denote our present mass in relation to all that is out there.... irrelevant...

But as an expression of consciousness we each, individually, are the center of that which is ours.... all that we each perceive as "I" is contained within this consciousness-of-self. I can see what others are doing around me, can sense a bit of what others may be feeling, but I can never be "them", they are themselves... and they operate on the same principle that I do, only unique to that which is them... so for each of us, the physical universe is only relevant to the degree that it effects us individually...

This interface between our consciousness and the physical universe is our body... we are borrowing this body, and the genetics that precede it... we are a passenger of individualized, self-oriented uniqueness, hitching a ride on an massively complex physical organism... an singular organism that is irreverent to the whole, but specific to each of us... so for us, at this moment it is "everything"..... so it's universal irrelevance, is irrelevant to us... the universe can exist without us... and our consciousness can continue to exist without it... while at the moment, we happen to intertwine... :^)
Old 10-02-2013, 12:26 PM
arrive-becomer

Quote:

Forgive me,

1. What is Death to you?

I love a good chat about death, reminds me of life! So I'll take my time with this and hope you get a good read. Great subject btw.

1. What is Death to you?
Death is what one is doing, when one isn't doing anything. It's void of experience within the mind. This implies something great, though immediately we might imagine this being incredibly painful and horrible a destiny.

If death is without experience, life is the only experience. The implications of this are few. We are immortal, as we only experience life. We arise as selfness in any mind-body. As no time (in all of time ever) is 'the correct' time, self arises in many times, sometimes even at the same time.

There is no 'just' about it. We are quite amazingly, forged of that universe you see through a telescope. Between our skin and the rest of it, is connection. Take away all elements that did not originate in you, and you will find there is nothing left. We are the foam of the ocean of existence, a byproduct - yet amazingly we are available to the experience of absolute joy and wonder of our position.

These people find their life in the death of others, it is the epitome of ignorance. They fail to grasp that all self arises from one universe, and that one person's self is equal to anothers. They don't grasp that death means they will experience another self, or not experience. They maybe haven't considered, that one day they will experience the entire lifetime of their victim, and remain ignorant that they were once the perpetrator.

To quote a zen master. Body is the causality of the mind. Body, is the substance of the mind. The mind arrives as a result of the nature of the body, and spontaneously grows like a flower on a tree. This is the existence of experience.
It isn't important, you're liberated to fully enjoy all of this. A person doesn't go to a park for a purpose other than to play, and that attitude should remain in our living life. We are here to play, and when we have insight - we are here to help others play, and take care of those who fall off the swings. XD

I have learnt to judge people on their bodies in the correct way. Instead of seeing them as how I emotionally respond to them. e.g. "You're attractive, that makes me feel good therefore i like you." I use a different internal dialogue. "You have eyes, therefore like me you can see. You have a brain, therefore like me you can experience." and so on. This gives equal space and respect to all senses and experiences, whether one believes in a soul or not.

The reason for murder is that the murderer did not realize there was a better and more sufficient way to deal with the problem. However, there are many murders that are done greatly out of a deep level of compassion. There are many women in prison today because they killed a horrifically abusive husband, during a rape or violent attack. This is considered compassion, because it was the woman's good and great nature, which chose to overcome society and protect her body. Protecting the self is just as loving as protecting others, but it is most easy and least rewarding.

There are always better ways, and so for me the conclusion is that once again, ignorance (not knowing) is the reason for this occurance. So, we can use faith in this instance and say that killing is almost always a result of ignorance, and therefore even if I don't yet realize why killing is innately wrong, I can be sure not to take part in it.

That which nature pressed us against shaped us directly through evolution. We have weak spots and strong spots, just like all other forms of life.

Empathy (not the psychic kind, just the normal kind) is not 'imagination' in the sense of things like fictional heroes is imagination. It isn't a fallacy, it is a way to measure reality more accurately. Those individuals feel very lucidly their experience, with the same lucidity as you experience yours. For this reason, you have to admit that self comes about in many places, and that one universe is doing all the selfing. that means when you enter death, and non-experience, all you will experience will be the full and complete life - including ignorance, of all beings. each will feel like 1 and a time, but really, all time is occurring at once and that which others experience, you will soon experience.

I would have to ask them. But to answer the second question. Can you relight a burnt match?

does the state of flame yet still arrive on a new one?

The body wants what the body wants. Everything is spiritual, but not everything is good.

They were never built as a design, they came about because patterns in nature repeated and cycled onward, increasing and changing. That which was able to survive time, did. But all life is essentially just universe dust, spinning in a particular way and producing energy in particular ways.

This does not cheapen life, but in fact makes it far more valuable. We find these things disgusting because those of us who evolved to find these things disgusting, avoided them, and so caught less diseases.

We void our bowels all the time because what we essentially are is elaborate tubes, which do a display of light and electric to create our minds, which is our worlds. We started with all other 'tubes', absorbing things that were attracted to us - much as elements do to each other even at a completely inorganic level.

Then we started to be able to attract each other, and cells were bound and organisms formed - organisms formed to absorb what they like in things, and excrete that which they didn't. These organisms evolved and evolved, changed shape, colour, senses - all to be able to fit into this world and eat from what it gave us. Eventually you got humans, who are extremely elaborate tubes, who have tubes for almost everything.

voiding ones bowels is getting in contact with our ancestors. XD, our ancestors once squatted down, and took a stinky dump. That's spirituality. XD!

Hope you could be arsed reading all of this! Thanks if you did.