Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 22-10-2018, 09:01 PM
Master
Could some one define exactly what is a twin flame?

Could some one define exactly what is a twin flame?

I've never used that terminology before I came to this site. While I think that I know what it means, I would like to hear a definition/explanation by some one who really does know.
Old 22-10-2018, 11:47 PM
Master

soul level relationship
Old 23-10-2018, 08:32 AM
Lorelyen

In answer to your title question: Exactly? - No.

There's a massive difference between the earliest use of the term (see Blavatsky and Olcot) and its
current populist uses. You have to choose the definition that suits you.

Inika probably has it right - but in practice, feet on the ground, it comes with a lot of commitment -effectively an eternal marriage it seems.
Old 23-10-2018, 10:46 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
In answer to your title question: Exactly? - No.

There's a massive difference between the earliest use of the term (see Blavatsky and Olcot) and its
current populist uses. You have to choose the definition that suits you.

Inika probably has it right - but in practice, feet on the ground, it comes with a lot of commitment -effectively an eternal marriage it seems.

I hadn't realize that the original concept of a twin flame came from Helena Blavatsky. I had read her theosophical society literature years ago but don't recall twin flames.

There's a lot of confusing material on the definition of twin flames out there and I'm wondering whether people really know what they're talking about when discussing this subject.

In Dr. Michael Newton's book, "Journey of Souls: Case Studies of live between lives", there is discussion of splitting and parallel lives. According to the following article, that seems to be the most plausible explanation of "twin flames". For what it's worth, the article cites differences between twin flames and soul mates.

http://www.soulevolution.org/twinflames/twinflames.htm

In any case, I want to thank both Irina and you for your input.
Old 23-10-2018, 11:45 AM
Lorelyen

Even the article is based on specious discourse.
Quote:
Each twin is a complete soul, not half a soul. It is their task to become more whole, balancing their female and male sides, and ideally become enlightened, before reuniting with their twin.
which doesn't tie up with
Quote:
Twin flames, also called twin souls, are literally the other half of our soul.
At one moment the other half of our soul then the next, each twin is a complete soul.

Besides, how can something become more whole than whole.
These contradictions aren't unique in the literature but raise obvious doubts about credibility. Much of the stuff out there starts with authors' statements as if they're facts when they aren't but they build on the assumption someone accepts them as facts rather than a philosophical viewpoint.

I picked a result at random from google and met with this:
https://medium.com/@lisavallejos/the...s-2456de7249c5
Quote:
The real purpose of the Twin Flame connection is to unearth all the sh** that you’ve carried, consciously and unconsciously that has kept you from becoming who you are meant to be.
which is patent rubbish. I had to make a small mod to avoid administrative troubles. You don't need someone else at any level to find "who you're meant to be". That's a lone quest. Otherwise you become what the twin was meant to be too. Perhaps some people do need "a twin" to achieve that and they find out what, together, they're meant to be. But for others the finding of self is the pursuit of spiritual development along the path of discovery throughout their lives.

However....
Old 23-10-2018, 01:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Even the article is based on specious discourse.
which doesn't tie up with At one moment the other half of our soul then the next, each twin is a complete soul.

Besides, how can something become more whole than whole.
These contradictions aren't unique in the literature but raise obvious doubts about credibility. Much of the stuff out there starts with authors' statements as if they're facts when they aren't but they build on the assumption someone accepts them as facts rather than a philosophical viewpoint.

I picked a result at random from google and met with this:
https://medium.com/@lisavallejos/the...s-2456de7249c5

which is patent rubbish. I had to make a small mod to avoid administrative troubles. You don't need someone else at any level to find "who you're meant to be". That's a lone quest. Otherwise you become what the twin was meant to be too. Perhaps some people do need "a twin" to achieve that and they find out what, together, they're meant to be. But for others the finding of self is the pursuit of spiritual development along the path of discovery throughout their lives.

However....

Thanks for the speedy response. Your points are quite valid, especially "you don't need someone else at any level to find who you're meant to be".

Thanks again. I think that I will remain uninvolved in the "twin flame" dialogues for obvious reasons.

P.S. The link that I provided was also from a random google search.
Old 23-10-2018, 09:33 PM
Guide
From my personal experience a TF often relates to the catalyst of our spiritual awakening. Although ultimately a TF is what we each want it to be. As a TF revolves around who someone is to us - from our own perspective.

This therefore means that a TF is often the start of our spiritual jpurney of self discovery rather than the end. As in my view the ultimate destination is discovering who we are. That we are this Universe and are whole in our own right, with us each being our Universal centre. Where others complement us rather than complete us.

I am not an individual having a universal experience, but the universe having an individual experience. Where consciousness is the universe experiencing itself through each of us.

Destiny is not the path given to us - but the path we choose for ourselves.

Current resources:
Tom Campbell: Ultimate Reality www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhv-XCff4_I

Currently reading:
Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are: Alan Watts
A Brief History of Time: Stephen Hawking
Old 24-10-2018, 04:15 PM
Master

there is no end. dont confuse tf with desperation.

people awaken before or after. there are no direct rules in place of how events turn out for every single individual the same as every single individual each and every time. I wish people would see this and respect it.

your soul is not the same as mine. we wont have the same experience.

what are they is the question. not what they do.