Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 04-12-2018, 08:42 PM
Master
Claiming to be god is nothing but self-deceptive egomania. I'm speaking from experience, I held that belief for almost a decade before I was able to see how illogical it was. I would also make the foolish claim that truth is relative and there are no absolutes. Completely self-defeating statements. I was too brainwashed by new age belief to think clearly and logically.

theophilus, nice post brother. I'm glad to see there are some Christians on this board speaking the truth.
Old 05-12-2018, 01:02 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceField
Claiming to be god is nothing but self-deceptive egomania. I'm speaking from experience, I held that belief for almost a decade before I was able to see how illogical it was. I would also make the foolish claim that truth is relative and there are no absolutes. Completely self-defeating statements. I was too brainwashed by new age belief to think clearly and logically.

theophilus, nice post brother. I'm glad to see there are some Christians on this board speaking the truth.

the truth is absolute but doesn't have to be legalistic
legalism states 'I am God' or 'Claiming to be God is egotistic'. Two sides of the same coin
spirituality recognises unity with God is something all can find
Old 05-12-2018, 12:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
the truth is absolute but doesn't have to be legalistic
legalism states 'I am God' or 'Claiming to be God is egotistic'. Two sides of the same coin
spirituality recognises unity with God is something all can find

Please provide me with a definition and source for the term "legalism." I'm pretty sure you're using it wrongly.

Anyway, if what you are saying is subjective, which it is, then I have no good reason to take it seriously. What I have said about claiming to be god is based on and aligns with the absolute truth of the word of God and is thus valid.

Also, having unity with something is not necessarily the same as being that thing.
Old 05-12-2018, 02:56 PM
Master
As far as spirituality is concerned almost anything is acceptable - from Pagan Satanism to New Age to Orthodox Christianity. Spirituality is as big as the number of different spiritual beliefs held by Human Beings.

So of course as far as the definition of spirituality is concerned people stating that they are God is okay. People are free to choose their own spiritual beliefs and suffer the consequences of them.

I for one do not think it is wise to call oneself God - except in moderation when it might be necessary for the sake of self protection or self determination. However I do understand that my awareness of the subject is limited. The Eastern spirituality has a strong and logical argument for being God. While the Western argument is also strong and logical for not being God.

I'm going to sit on the fence until it all makes more sense to me.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 05-12-2018, 05:22 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
As far as spirituality is concerned almost anything is acceptable
Acceptable to whom? To God or to other people?
Old 05-12-2018, 05:49 PM
Master
Quote:
As far as spirituality is concerned almost anything is acceptable - from Pagan Satanism to New Age to Orthodox Christianity. Spirituality is as big as the number of different spiritual beliefs held by Human Beings.

So of course as far as the definition of spirituality is concerned people stating that they are God is okay. People are free to choose their own spiritual beliefs and suffer the consequences of them.

I for one do not think it is wise to call oneself God - except in moderation when it might be necessary for the sake of self protection or self determination. However I do understand that my awareness of the subject is limited. The Eastern spirituality has a strong and logical argument for being God. While the Western argument is also strong and logical for not being God.

I'm going to sit on the fence until it all makes more sense to me.

' People are free to choose their own spiritual beliefs and suffer the consequences of them. '

Or rejoice rather than suffer. Your so negative Honza
Anything is acceptable as long as its love for all sentient beings, regardless of the label on your religious beliefs.
Old 05-12-2018, 10:41 PM
Master

Quote:
Please provide me with a definition and source for the term "legalism." I'm pretty sure you're using it wrongly.

Anyway, if what you are saying is subjective, which it is, then I have no good reason to take it seriously. What I have said about claiming to be god is based on and aligns with the absolute truth of the word of God and is thus valid.

Also, having unity with something is not necessarily the same as being that thing.

i could have phrased it better
what i meant is Legalism, ie the construction of barriers that prevent a person from experiencing God without an intermediary, are always a little suspect. these may take the form of laws or beliefs that confuse, or attitudes and the result is we look to priests and preachers instead of God. thats legalism to me and Yes always gonna be arguments and not all this stuff is bad, etc I know. i'm not condemning things that are good
Legalism makes money, constant flows of books, conferences and a whole industry is funded off it. One minutes encourage the flock then bam, knock them back to square one. Introduce other spirits into worship just to mess with 'em. that sort of thing is very wrong. but the answer to me is found in God . the Word of God is living i think. i agree with some of what you say about being God, we receive from God i feel whatever we find
Old 05-12-2018, 11:55 PM
Master

Quote:

VinceField,

In regards to definitions of unity we must not make the mistake of assuming that unity implies uniformity. That is an easy mistake to make.
Old 06-12-2018, 12:46 AM
Master
Quote:
The Eastern spirituality has a strong and logical argument for being God.

Eastern spirituality is extremely illogical and contradictory.
Old 06-12-2018, 12:55 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
VinceField,

In regards to definitions of unity we must not make the mistake of assuming that unity implies uniformity. That is an easy mistake to make.

Right, my point is that having unity with God and being God are entirely different things and mustn't be conflated. Blasphemy and idolatry are heavy sins in God's eyes.