Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 09-05-2015, 02:02 PM
Hypnoticalec

how does kundalini work?

I've already had kundalini activation via psychedelics and yoga, but it's never permanent. Now I want to activate kundalini while completely still, while meditating. So what do I do? Do I focus on my normal energy until the kundalini decides to activate?
Old 10-05-2015, 11:55 AM
Master
Just to relax is a great help for the flow of kundalini, imo, so I'd simply concentrate on relaxing when meditating, and letting all the products of the body-mind (ie thoughts and sensations) fall away. Tension in your body tends to block the flow of energy, I find.

I think I activated mine when I went on a very long walk (about two hours long) with my dog. I was a bit of a loose end, and I resolved to be mentally silent; for the first hour there was plenty of chatter and it was pretty frustrating, but by the second hour I could abide effortlessly in silence, and it was pretty blissful. I'm pretty sure it was about that time that I first felt the pressure in my third eye, like a thumb being pressed into my forehead.

The other thing I'd suggest you give a go is a technique called visual centering. It's concerned with the focus of your eyes, and pulling your focus back into the centre of your brain, and it's explained in more detail here.

Hope that's useful to you
Old 10-05-2015, 12:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by A human Being
Just to relax is a great help for the flow of kundalini, imo, so I'd simply concentrate on relaxing when meditating, and letting all the products of the body-mind (ie thoughts and sensations) fall away. Tension in your body tends to block the flow of energy, I find.

I think I activated mine when I went on a very long walk (about two hours long) with my dog. I was a bit of a loose end, and I resolved to be mentally silent; for the first hour there was plenty of chatter and it was pretty frustrating, but by the second hour I could abide effortlessly in silence, and it was pretty blissful. I'm pretty sure it was about that time that I first felt the pressure in my third eye, like a thumb being pressed into my forehead.

Quote:
The other thing I'd suggest you give a go is a technique called visual centering. It's concerned with the focus of your eyes, and pulling your focus back into the centre of your brain, and it's explained in more detail here.

Hope that's useful to you
Hi
I want to know does visual centering awaken kundalini or does it awaken your third eye??
What are the benefits of visual centering??
thanks
Old 10-05-2015, 04:51 PM
Deactivated Account
"In Sanskrit, kundalini means “coiled up” (like a serpent). The term represents a postulated, subtle form of bioenergy said to lie latent, like a sleeping serpent, at the base of the spine. Under certain circumstances, however, this energy can be activated, and when it is, it is said to travel upward through the spine (in a special channel). As it travels, it affects certain energy centers (called chakras in the yogic tradition) and may induce explosive and destabilizing energy transformations that are experienced both psychologically and physically. The way this energy is experienced by the individual varies, but typically its manifestations are extremely disruptive to one’s equilibrium even when—as sometimes is the case—the initial experience is itself one of supreme rapture.6 In many instances, the physical and psychological concomitants of this awakening are very unpleasant and frightening. Nevertheless, however the actual process of kundalini arousal may be experienced, it is held that this energy it draws upon has the capacity to catapult the individual into a higher state of consciousness. In full awakenings, a state of cosmic consciousness can be attained and, under certain circumstances, maintained. The flow of energy is said to transform the nervous system and the brain to enable them to operate at an entirely new and higher level of functioning. Metaphorically speaking, kundalini appears to throw the nervous system into overdrive, activating its latent potentials and permitting the individual to experience the world and perform in it in extraordinary fashion." ~ Heading Toward Omega (Kenneth Ring)
Old 10-05-2015, 05:07 PM
TesseLated

This person is very knowledgeable on the subject....Don't mess with waking it up unless you are very disciplined is my advice...

She is very articulate...best explanation I've heard about this

SIDDHA KUNDALINI YOGA: Awakening vs. Transformation vs. Spiritual Attainment
https://youtu.be/QKqexYKAeEc
Old 10-05-2015, 07:25 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by TesseLated
Don't mess with waking it up unless you are very disciplined is my advice...
]

Good advice....
Old 12-05-2015, 11:53 PM
Guide

take the first two level of reiki tummo. the first one opens the shushumna to prepare for the kundalini fire and impurities to exit the system. the second level opens the shushumna some more and cracks the kundalini core. all done in two full day workshops. safe and instant. and you get practices to help cleanse impurities. everything is also heart based - no thinking, visualizing, breathing.
And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. - 1 John 4:16
Old 13-05-2015, 05:19 AM
Master
Firstly, the neo-spiritual tendency is to refer any slight energy movement as a kandalini awakening, and this obsession with 'energy' is quite a dangerous egotistic pursuit.

The spiritual path is one of utmost purity... the natural purification of the mind and body... as that which obscures and obstructs the vessel through which flows the outpouring of divine love

The egotistic nature is always self concerned and suffers extreme aversions to these sorts of obstructions, and so as to avoid them, craves after what are imagined or remembered to be pleasurable experiences. The spiritual work is quelling the tension that hates and craves simultaneously... this tension which maintains those obstructions.

It's a difficult thing to say in this environment where the pleasures of spiritual experiences are promoted, but I have practiced to a degree that which is at first wanted and desired goes on to become that which is difficult to bear, and the way is to cultivate the stability and balance of ones mind so that all things can pass with minimal resistance or restriction. That kind of balance is absolutely essential for coping with more extreme movements, and this cultivation of equalibrium is the founding principle of any spiritual path.
Old 13-05-2015, 11:04 AM
Master

slowly....then all at once.

kk
Old 13-05-2015, 12:20 PM
Guide

one must not seek kundalini if the shushumna is blocked. for practically everyone, it's blocked. you'll get kundalini syndrome if it opens for you in this manner.

it is a blessing to have kundalini open. if you do go the reiki tummo way, you'll find that kundalini opening is really a blessing to help with spiritual growth. it is the divine love that helps activate kundalini and the love for the divine that connects you completely.
And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. - 1 John 4:16