Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 12-05-2015, 01:07 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
There are plenty of rules. There plenty of lessons learned.

No offense but bad advise is bad advise. Keep chasing that which feels good is your advise.

I prefer to set someone up for success and the position matters. I'm not going crazy about it but laying down would be a last resort.

There is nothing technical about sitting in bed with a couple of pillows behind your back. Yet it is much much better than laying down.

and that is your opinion, just like it is mines :)

you say 'setting someone up for success'....to me, that means you have missed the point completely...I don't think that you 'need' to set anyone up for anything...we are already set up, right now!

if you do 'set' someone up, then that's when desire comes in lol...again, that is the opposite of just 'being'...and meditation is just that.
Old 12-05-2015, 04:01 PM
Master
Not really.

You can look at thousands of years of teachings and they all say the same thing for a reason.

You say it doesn't matter but I will go with 7000 years of learning.

Do you experience energy at all? Have you not noticed how the flow increases with your position? Just the position of your head can make a difference.

Please don't play the desire and go with the flow. Most people have very little understanding of what that means and use it to justify there positions.

Which is wrong.

For instance. Sitting in Siddhasana use to be to powerful for me. Just a change in position but the increased energy felt like a river to me. I would overload easy.

Lesson 75 - Siddhasana – Living in a fountain of ecstasy

There is a process if you do a little research and learning. It can help people progress along the way faster. But if you thing nothing matters and you can do anything anyway and still achieve the same results...

Your wrong.
Old 12-05-2015, 04:24 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

lol

you're good..you've done 7000 years of learning, pretty impressive tbf :) ..i think you maybe meant 7000 years of teachings?...hopefully anyway lol

ok, so you talk about all these 'teachings'....when the buddha said himself, that we have to experience things for ourselves and to not just take his word for it.....yes?

clearly you understand meditation from a literal point of view at best, but thats where it starts and ends...

everybody experiences energy, no matter what state they are in...if there is existence there is energy...
you seem like the person who could inflame a melting ego, so for that reason i will surrender to you jones......but i am not wrong...and you are definitely not right...namaste
Old 12-05-2015, 05:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoyay7
lol

you're good..you've done 7000 years of learning, pretty impressive tbf :) ..i think you maybe meant 7000 years of teachings?...hopefully anyway lol

ok, so you talk about all these 'teachings'....when the buddha said himself, that we have to experience things for ourselves and to not just take his word for it.....yes?

clearly you understand meditation from a literal point of view at best, but thats where it starts and ends...

everybody experiences energy, no matter what state they are in...if there is existence there is energy...
you seem like the person who could inflame a melting ego, so for that reason i will surrender to you jones......but i am not wrong...and you are definitely not right...namaste

The Buddha said don't take my word for it but put them to the test. A big difference than going out willy nilly. He then gave out a whole bunch of teachings

Everyone is energy but it doesn't mean they really experience prana.

Learning, teaching you know what I was saying.

My point is still valid.
Old 12-05-2015, 05:58 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
The Buddha said don't take my word for it but put them to the test. A big difference than going out willy nilly. He then gave out a whole bunch of teachings

Everyone is energy but it doesn't mean they really experience prana.

Learning, teaching you know what I was saying.

My point is still valid.

both our points are valid though

but that doesn't mean any of us are right..

what works for you, might not work for someone else...even though we are all beings, our mind waves function at different levels due to 'the personal experience'...a one system fits all is backward thinking imo....techniques should be adjusted to fit individual needs...the outcome that's reached might replicate that of another person and it usually will...but getting there is different for everyone.....or atleast you would think that would be the case, since it is rather simple to start with.