Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 11-12-2012, 01:14 PM
goldentimes

Meditation for anxiety

Hi all, I am looking for a qiuck meditation for my anxiety, panices-were I can use it anywere I may be at any time.

What sort do you think would be the best to use? and were would I find some good cds, books etc.?

Best Regards & Blessings!
Old 11-12-2012, 03:12 PM
Xeno

When I felt anxious for tests, or meetings, or whatever, I learned to just take a moment to sit down comfortably.
Take a moment to scan yourself, to find sore points, and reposition yourself until you are comfortable.
For some reason, hearing rain and thunder greatly calms me, but it differs from person to person.
I could a soundloop like that on, and then meditate. But it varies, maybe one doesn't even like rain nor thunder.

The meditation I do is simple, just sitting down, and counting my breath.
Long deep breaths, don't force them too big though, try to find a rhythm that almost goes, automatic.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:26 PM
Master
what do you believe in goldentimes, whatever it is, ask it to help, offer up your anxiety to it
Old 12-12-2012, 01:31 AM
MYFIGO

I have a very easy breathing meditation I will send you in a PM.

You can also visualize drinking a glass of energy from the universe. Feel it going down your throat, into your stomach and then feel it slowly wiggle its way back and forth all through your intestines. Visualize it feeling cool and soothing and calming any anxiety you may have. Tell yourself that it will not fill you up and that when it is excreted, it will carry away any poisons or toxins from your body.

If you practice this exercise each night before sleeping and in the morning as you awaken, it will work very easily and promptly during stress when you need it most.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:01 AM
Master

Panic attacks, I've been there.

I also suggest using the breath. Simply breath in deeply but expand from your belly and not your chest and as you exhale think to yourself "release" or something similar. Just imagine as you exhale you're releasing your anxiety. This would be a quick one you can do anywhere and it might help.
Old 12-12-2012, 02:19 PM
Master

Counting.

When I'm super anxious I cannot still my brain but what I can do is breathe in, two three, out, two three, in, two three, out, two three ... etc.

And then to four.

The focus is wholly on the count and that gives the brain some space to settle. My brain when anxious is really powerful and won't let go of the stuff that's at stake without a darned good fight. The mind is really powerful.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:59 PM
darkness

Breathe in slow for 5, hold for 5, breathe out like you're blowing out candles on a birthday cake until all your air has been released. Repeat..

the last part is supposed to tell you central nervous system "not to worry"
Old 13-12-2012, 05:18 PM
Ivy

If your anxiety is an ongoing problem then I would reccommend regular practise of this meditation:

Make yourself comfortable

Take 2-3 slow deep breaths in and release them slowly

Let your body and breathing relax (if you struggle to relax physically - I can provide a different meditation for this purpose)

Let your mind drift...letting any thoughts float past and away...until you come to a place of peace.

it might be a beach, a mountain-top, a summer woodland. this is your safe space. It is safe and calm.

Spend some time exploring your safe space.

What can you hear?

What does it smell like?

How does the ground feel beneath your feet?

If there are edible fruits there, can you taste them?

Spend as long as you like in your safe space and when you're ready, slowly count yourself back to where you are sitting.

3 - Become aware of your feet, your hands, your body, relaxed and at peace

2 - Let your mind become aware of your surroundings

1 - feeling present and energised...when you're ready, open your eyes.

Take some water and just sit for a while.

The idea of this meditation is to create a bond with your sacred place. If you practise this at least every other day, your sacred place will become easier and easier to access, until you can access it at will.

Your mind effectively learns to relate this sacred place with feeling calm, safe and relaxed. So then when you feel panicked, you can quickly take your mind to your safe place for a moment and it will calm you.