Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 23-04-2012, 07:59 AM
Guide
Question Colour cards?

Hello everyone

Recently a thought popped into my head about getting myself some cards so I was doing some research online and after a while I found I was pretty drawn to Doreen Virtue's Archangel Oracle cards, something about the cover was really appealing to me. However, my life has been so hectic I haven't got round to buying them, I thought I'd let my thoughts settle and see if they were still the ones I was drawn to when I got more time.

Fast forward to last night, I had in my head to go look some cards up again, I was on Amazon and saw some cards called 'The Secret Language of Colour Cards' by Inna Segal. I'd never heard of anything like them before and was completely blown away by the beauty that really drew me to these cards. Needless to say, I'm not sure which way to go... I know nothing about colour cards, and I was wondering if anyone has any experience with them and could tell me anything that might give me an insight into what they're like?
Old 23-04-2012, 06:01 PM
Quintessence

I don't have any experience with this oracle deck, but I do have my own system of divination predicated on the symbolism of color. It is so easy to make something like this for yourself, there's no compelling reason to get someone else's set. There's even a good reason not to get one: the symbolism of various colors isn't universal. I wouldn't want to use someone else's symbolism about the colors as my rules for my divinatory experiences.

It does look like a neat deck, though.
Old 23-04-2012, 06:46 PM
Guide
The reason why I'm looking into buying cards rather than making my own is because I have no experience with using any cards (or any kind of divination really) and I don't feel confident enough currently to design my own when I don't have much idea what I'm doing. Admittedly it sounds like a great idea but I wouldn't have a clue where to start.

It does, doesn't it! It was by chance I saw it but I was really drawn to it, it looks really lovely.

Thank you for your post
Old 24-04-2012, 05:58 AM
midnightblue

I love Doreen virtues angel cards, all her sets are beautiful, my mum had one when i was growing up, i used them all the time.

I now have angel feather cards by michelle newton, i adore them, i was drawn to them when i first saw them.

I say if you are drawn to those cards still or the color ones and you keep finding yourself going back to wanting them, then they are for you - as that's how i felt about my angel cards i kept being drawn to them.

although i don't have color cards, just go with which set feels right to you and you shall be happy.