Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 15-01-2012, 01:58 PM
helygen

Moon

I'm a bit confused. Can anyone help please. In meditation I visulise myself in my special place. I'ts always night time with a bright moon shining. This was fine but then I started to learn about the tarot cards only to find that the moon isn't the best card in the pack. Should I look for a new special place to use while meditating?Iv'e tried a couple of others but they dont work so well for me. I'm an upbeat kind of person but I'd like to understand why I keep being drawn to night and moonlight. Your opinions would be appriciated thanks. Love and peace to all.
Old 15-01-2012, 04:09 PM
Master
Hiya Ann. I use the Sacred Circle Tarot which is a pagan tarot based on Celtic mythology

The Moon : the mystery of regeneration. In a spread, it signifies a period of change and calls on you to accept change. Something in your subconscious calls to be let out into the light.
You are called to pay attention to your dreams. An excellent time to develop your psychic skills. Trust your intuition and your instincts.

Hope that helps
Old 15-01-2012, 08:20 PM
Guide
To the Native American Indians the moon is a symbol of power. It is said among the tribes that a person can receive direction, visions and guidance from the moon. It is a respected ceremonial symbol and is also believed to have the ability to change our thoughts and mood.

Everyone should meditate in a position and with whatever images make them feel the most comfortable. Whatever works and help us get in a place mentally where we can get to that meditative place that re-energizes us.
Old 16-01-2012, 07:23 PM
green

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annholloway
I'm a bit confused. Can anyone help please. In meditation I visulise myself in my special place. I'ts always night time with a bright moon shining. This was fine but then I started to learn about the tarot cards only to find that the moon isn't the best card in the pack. Should I look for a new special place to use while meditating?Iv'e tried a couple of others but they dont work so well for me. I'm an upbeat kind of person but I'd like to understand why I keep being drawn to night and moonlight. Your opinions would be appriciated thanks. Love and peace to all.

hi Annholloway, let me ask you a question: why do you care so much for what someone told you about the possible meaning of a tarot card? and what this card has to do with your meditation place? do you meditate on the moon card or in a special place where you created for yourself? why your own feelings and thoughts are less important that someone's else opinions about a card?
i don't think there is the "best" card in the tarot deck nor the "worst" card of all. each card is a special key or power or energy to work with and allow the user to grow and develop her/himself.

why you feel so connected to the moon and the night- well this is your journey to learn and find out if you must, but you can just enjoy it and accept it and make the best of it for yourself. but whatever it is, i strongly believe it has nothing to do with the maybe possible not so good meaning of the moon card of the tarot deck.

moon as its powers and magic and negative and positive sides as any other symbol.

hope it helps

G
Old 16-01-2012, 08:11 PM
arive nan

The moon in the tarot moon card is just a symbol used to represent the meaning of the card. It fits, because the moon is something that reflects sunlight. It may seem like the moon has a light of its own, but this is an illusion. In tarot, the card can be about secrecy and deception. But it also has some positive meanings, like reflection and emotion.

In the Lenormand card divination system, there is also a Moon card. But the Lenormand moon card has a generally positive meaning: Emotions, feelings. Fantasies, dreams. Romances. Honours, celebrity, recognition. Psychic abilities

But neither of these mean that the literal moon and moonlight of the real world is inherently positive or negative. So if you appreciate moonlight that doesn't mean this comes from anything negative in you.
Old 17-01-2012, 06:00 PM
LadyTerra

Greetings AnnHolloway:

The Moon is sacred and powerful--especially for Women.

I think that it is wonderful that when you meditate and visualize yourself in a secure place of power--you see yourself in the presence of MotherMoon.

The study of Tarot is a different venue and should be seen as a seperate entity (when considering Spiritual messages and meanings). The Tarot Cards can have various different meanings--depending on the Houses in which they fall, in respect to the question that is asked and the other Cards surrounding them at the time the question is presented. I have been a student of the Tarot for better than (30) Wheels-of-the-Year and I would never view the Tarot based on the face value of a single Card.

My best advice to you is to trust your instincts and be at peace.

Peace and Love on your path to discovering the Mysteries...

Blessed be...
Old 23-01-2012, 03:20 PM
helygen

Can't thankyou enough for all your advice and opinions. I can now move forward with confidence. Love and peace to you all.