Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 18-04-2020, 01:54 AM
Newbie ;)

Parallel Dream World After Meditation

Hi everyone,
Frequently when I have a deep meditation, generally later in the day. I come back to consciousness in a state in which my eyes are closed, but I am seeing a world as if they are open. Im not sure the best way to describe it so I hope someone knows what Im talking about, but I will do my best to describe it as it happened to me last night. I back to consciousness after a deep meditation In which I may have fell asleep during, not too sure.. I was looking forwards with my arms outstretched holding a large book in-front of me there were symbols on the book that were sort of flowing off the pages. This lasted for about 5 seconds then the visuals fade and I opened my eyes.
One of the weirdest things about this is that when I move my head in the real world my visuals in this "dream world" will follow as if I am doing the same in this state. I hope I'm not droning on too long but I don't want to leave any important aspect out. I am completely conscious as in this state, but my eyes are still in the dream state for about 5-10 seconds.
Lastly my surroundings in these visuals have always been the surrounding that my actual body is in, but there is something always off, like my hands will be in a different position or there will be an object in the room that is not there in real life. The most jarring of these have been when I came to and there was a person standing in front of me leaning into my face. Still gives me chills thinking about it.

Sorry for the length :/ Would really appreciate any thoughts you may have on this.
Old 27-04-2020, 09:25 PM
Knower

Whoa, that sounds like a great experience. When the person was there when you came to, was that/they in real world, as in you snapped out of dream world?
I think it sounds like astral travel, like maybe you are going out of your body to explore the astral world without your body. But it doesn't last long and you come right back, which is common. I wonder if you tried to recreate it, maybe you could "stay out" later, you know, get better with practice?
Old 27-04-2020, 11:55 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkraistin
Hi everyone,
Frequently when I have a deep meditation, generally later in the day. I come back to consciousness in a state in which my eyes are closed, but I am seeing a world as if they are open. Im not sure the best way to describe it so I hope someone knows what Im talking about, but I will do my best to describe it as it happened to me last night. I back to consciousness after a deep meditation In which I may have fell asleep during, not too sure.. I was looking forwards with my arms outstretched holding a large book in-front of me there were symbols on the book that were sort of flowing off the pages. This lasted for about 5 seconds then the visuals fade and I opened my eyes.
One of the weirdest things about this is that when I move my head in the real world my visuals in this "dream world" will follow as if I am doing the same in this state. I hope I'm not droning on too long but I don't want to leave any important aspect out. I am completely conscious as in this state, but my eyes are still in the dream state for about 5-10 seconds.
Lastly my surroundings in these visuals have always been the surrounding that my actual body is in, but there is something always off, like my hands will be in a different position or there will be an object in the room that is not there in real life. The most jarring of these have been when I came to and there was a person standing in front of me leaning into my face. Still gives me chills thinking about it.

Sorry for the length :/ Would really appreciate any thoughts you may have on this.

Might it be hypnopompic state?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnopompic

I don't experience hypnopompia but like most people experience hypnagogia, and for me those short episodes seem like a waking dream and they kind of are as it's a transitional state between being awake and sleep.
Old 29-04-2020, 03:57 AM
Newbie ;)

Hi SpiritofZoe,
Thanks for the response. it was too foggy to tell who the person was in that particular experience. I have a gut feeling that it was my grandma who passed away shortly before that experience. Its funny that you say astral travel because it has recently come to my attention that that is a legitimate thing. I have been hearing a lot about it out of the blue, and lately my meditation has taken a shift to where I feel myself slowly rising out of my body. I haven't been able to fully leave my body, consciously, but it is possible when I have these experiences I am doing it unconsciously. They are happening more frequently now, almost every meditation session I have. I will continue experimenting. :) Best to you!
Old 29-04-2020, 04:03 AM
Newbie ;)

Thank you for posting that! Thats what I was thinking it may be before reading that wikipedia (wasn't sure what the phenomena was called tho). It does feel different than what that describes, although it still could be. I am very conscious when this is happening, to the point where I can move my limbs and know what they are doing. The visuals are also clear enough to make out what the objects are. I am having these experiences even more frequently now so I might have answers sooner than expected. Take Care!