Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 25-01-2015, 09:21 PM
Master
Pantheism

I saw this quotation elsewhere and it sums me up to a T.

"Every walk into the woods is a religious rite, every bath in the stream is a saving ordinance. Communion service is at all hours, and the bread and wine are from the heart and marrow of Mother Earth. There are no heretics in Nature's church; all are believers, all are communicants. The beauty of natural religion is that you have it all the time; you do not have to seek it afar off in myths and legends, in catacombs, in garbled texts, in miracles of dead saints or wine-bibbing friars. It is of today; it is now and here; it is everywhere."
~ John Burroughs
Revering the Universe. Caring for Nature. Celebrating Life.
Old 25-01-2015, 09:29 PM
TesseLated

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
It is of today; it is now and here; it is everywhere."
~ John Burroughs

Yes. Very nice thoughts.
Old 26-01-2015, 08:56 AM
Ascender

Quote:
I saw this quotation elsewhere and it sums me up to a T.

"Every walk into the woods is a religious rite, every bath in the stream is a saving ordinance. Communion service is at all hours, and the bread and wine are from the heart and marrow of Mother Earth. There are no heretics in Nature's church; all are believers, all are communicants. The beauty of natural religion is that you have it all the time; you do not have to seek it afar off in myths and legends, in catacombs, in garbled texts, in miracles of dead saints or wine-bibbing friars. It is of today; it is now and here; it is everywhere."
~ John Burroughs

That's great. I could never understand how a man could be surrounded by nature and not believe in a higher power of some sort.
My family and myself have just returned from a long weekend camping and fishing trip to the coast and I feel completely recharged. So recharged in fact that I don't feel very much like going into the factory tomorrow morning.LOL.
Old 26-01-2015, 09:08 AM
Master
Shaunc, I am retired [long time ago], I spend most of my free-time just roaming the moors and dales of Northern England and have done so for almost 50 years.
Old 26-01-2015, 09:25 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Shaunc, I am retired [long time ago], I spend most of my free-time just roaming the moors and dales of Northern England and have done so for almost 50 years.
I envy you. But my first responsibility is to my family. Maybe one day when I'm older.
Old 10-03-2015, 01:19 PM
OftheSun

I think one of the challenges of pantheism is to understand the oneness in all things...not just what we tern "nature"...but realize it's just as true and real in a plastic straw or cigarette butt as it is in an oak branch or river rock.

It's either all a part of the oneness or it's not. We don't get to pick and choose and still use the term Pantheism.
Old 12-04-2015, 01:05 PM
Master
Quote:

you are a lucky man, indeed, norseman.
Old 12-04-2015, 01:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaunc
That's great. I could never understand how a man could be surrounded by nature and not believe in a higher power of some sort.
My family and myself have just returned from a long weekend camping and fishing trip to the coast and I feel completely recharged. So recharged in fact that I don't feel very much like going into the factory tomorrow morning.LOL.

what other higher power is there than nature? the earth is our mother. No need to go looking "higher".
Old 12-04-2015, 03:57 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by OftheSun
I think one of the challenges of pantheism is to understand the oneness in all things...not just what we tern "nature"...but realize it's just as true and real in a plastic straw or cigarette butt as it is in an oak branch or river rock.

It's either all a part of the oneness or it's not. We don't get to pick and choose and still use the term Pantheism.

Yes I like the idea of finding the oneness in a plastic straw or cigarette butt as well as in "nature".