Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 10-02-2020, 04:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Nothing changed after this particular experience. I wouldn't see it as a bad experience just very unpleasant and extremely strange to what I normally feel when picking up energy...

Maybe I need to do less practice, don't know at the moment, not to sure but this happened a few years ago and since then nothing has changed regarding my practice....

Very cool experience sky.

Often that nauseating feeling is issues being released in a powerful way.

Also, fits with that barrier feeling.
Old 10-02-2020, 04:46 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
Fish that care for their offspring or eat their offspring …. It all happens in water.

I think the metaphor there would be the fish who aware of the space "the water," (the whole - this without a center and the corresponding self boundary/border using Krishnamurti's words) would not eat their offspring!
Old 10-02-2020, 06:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaelyn
Isn't calling/defining something as "mundane" also a mental interpretation by "someone?"

It just means the experience is s common that anyone can relate to it.

Quote:
Recognizing myself as myself, as the perceiver in this body is obvious, but what "this is" apart from my internal "person" noise is more than mundane isn't it?

Like the noise of the traffic or the sound of the fan blowing or birdsong in the morning?

Quote:
It is wondrous being, nothing is dragging it down or puffing it up. It is awareness without a center, without a self border. It is holiness or at least a step down that path. But then it can also be described as nothing at all for no one. I think language is always an issue so maybe you are describing what I am in your way.

I'm just saying things are this way, not someother way, and I'm aware if what its like, and that is universal in principle.

Quote:
Everything said can be taken multiple ways. Like I just described "mental interpretation" in a negative context and it is so in what I am linking that to be in my experience, but then I could also say I am involved in the discernment memory based questioning involved in putting the self away, and couldn't this also be called mental interpretation? But a boat recognized as being in the water has to be brought to shore. The words are the same eh...."mental interpretation." But then "what is mental-ing?" Writing a recipe how to make a cake verses explaining how to make a cake verses eating a cake and knowing/experiencing what that is non-verbally....

Forums are a place for expressing mental activity, for thoughts, for awareness to be focused on thoughts and thinking, mental interpretation, but they point to taking the boat to shore, to non-verbally eating the cake, experiencing the cake, beyond the conceptual description which can never be imaginary but only available in the "mundane" present now. But yea nothing mundane about the now when one has recognized mental activity as not self I don't think. It is special. Inner freedom/liberation is not mundane. But it could be! When no one is there to name it, it could be anything at all. It is both nothing to nobody and everything to all.

I was trained like, feel the air v=coming in going out. Feel sensations throughout the body, know what you do all the times, taste things, feel your feet walking on the ground, none of are spectacular things - just mundane everyday things.

Quote:
Everything someone says is truth to them in that moment. It is attention on mind, and putting those thoughts to paper, typing them out on a keyboard, or saying them aloud to someone else, or even just thinking them. Here it is, here is reality and "truth" now, these are my present thoughts, this is what is presented to my awareness right now in this moment. It is simply known as true, as undisputed truth. Everything read is true on that level, in the speaker or tellers mind. But then the truth of now as silence or "without personal meaning" is also true. How everyone is in the exact same space/place. How it is, what I am, when my attention is not on the things in my mind. Then we are exactly the same. Within and without. When simple being, love and acceptance, non-resistance to what is, is present.
Old 10-02-2020, 08:49 PM
Deactivated Account

I'm re-editing this maybe.

Last edited by Phaelyn : 11-02-2020 at 01:27 AM.
Old 10-02-2020, 10:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Might as well accept that spirituality is a road alone and no one can lead you on the path, but that's the difference between holding someones hand while walking along, and trying to lead them . You can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink - well, a wise wolf once said to me, "I am going to drink so much that I vomit before I even start to feel drunk.”

We walk alone/we walk together-a wise woman once shared that one with me.

As in ...‘We share this road, this space right now, yet all things within the space are what our ‘walk alone’ decides for itself’
Old 11-02-2020, 09:04 PM
Master
There seems to be this idea, that if a person becomes all goodness/rightness etc. – that person will be beyond duality.

But Totality is made out of polar opposites, dualities in inter-relationship:
https://steemitimages.com/640x0/http...om/r0TVuR7.jpg

Whiteness can only exist because blackness exists.
Goodness exists because of badness.

Imo. to go beyond duality, beyond the dual mind – is to first see the indivisible unity of space/emptiness and form. One cannot exist without the other.

Self – Other duality.
To become a 'selfless' person full of righteous goodness for others is nonduality?

But, but, but ... when the self ‘vanishes’ so does the other.
No self - no other.

To only see the world dualistically - self vs other – is the dualistic delusion.
But to see the self and the other from a no-self-no-other (emptiness-dimension) perspective simultaneously is to get an insight into Totality in my view.

Last edited by sentient : 11-02-2020 at 10:43 PM.
Old 11-02-2020, 11:37 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
There seems to be this idea, that if a person becomes all goodness/rightness etc. – that person will be beyond duality.

I'd say it's not goodness/rightness, it is selflessness. Our true nature. Someone runs into a burning building not because of goodness, or rightness, it is the embodiment of the highest love. No thought of self. Those "others" in the burning building have an equal value for the one risking their life to run in. That is divine love, what we are, what the source is, and there is no duality in that act, that state of being. Non-duality is not something you experience, it is something you become.
Old 11-02-2020, 11:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaelyn
No thought of self. Those "others" in the burning building have a higher value than the one risking their life to run in. That is divine love, what we are, what the source is, and there is no duality in that act, that state of being. Non-duality is not something you experience, it is something you become.

"You" become?
Really?

Old 12-02-2020, 12:03 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
To become a 'selfless' person full of righteous goodness for others is nonduality?

But, but, but ... when the self ‘vanishes’ so does the other.
No self - no other.

"Selflessness" is a potential state of a consciousness. We can't become a selfless person. The person is the self. We also don't become full of righteous goodness. Selfless being has inherent qualities or aspects. We are non-dual in our pure state. The highest love and compassion and empathy and awareness are qualities of un-contaminated consciousness. Not because it "gets" these things, but because it is these things. We don't manifest this stuff because of our identification and association with what we are not.

Consciousness, perception, that which is aware and perceives never vanishes. It is me and you. What vanishes is a certain relationship we have with what is not us. Then what we actually are, under all this delusion, is present. Non-dual being and the perception that comes with that state.
Old 12-02-2020, 12:05 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
"You" become?
Really?

Well we already are it as Buddhism states. You realize your true nature.
When I change my perception changes, they can't be split into two.