Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 16-10-2017, 07:02 PM
Master
Suspending Beliefs

I had recently been spontaneously meditating in a new way in which I suspend my spiritual beliefs and world view and dwell in a state of what I can only describe as an empty presence. Of course this does not mean that my belief system and world view no longer exists. It is simply a profound experience and process of letting it go just for a moment. This includes letting go of the various meaningful and insightful realizations that I have unraveled along the spiritual path and putting it on pause. In this state of empty presence is a dimension of innocence and simple childlike purity. I have been just tip toeing with this because so much precious spiritual, ideological, and philosophical theories that I have unraveled are what I hold onto for dear life and it has been so essential in how I have survived in this plane of reality. I wonder if it is possible to lose myself in this childlike presence of being while simultaneously being able to interact and navigate the world functionally as a human being. This I would like to explore more and maybe I will dive into the deep end with abandon and complete faith and surrender.

♬ ♫ ♪ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtnJUS30olE ♪ ♫ ♬
Old 17-10-2017, 04:20 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imzadi
I had recently been spontaneously meditating in a new way in which I suspend my spiritual beliefs and world view and dwell in a state of what I can only describe as an empty presence. Of course this does not mean that my belief system and world view no longer exists. It is simply a profound experience and process of letting it go just for a moment. This includes letting go of the various meaningful and insightful realizations that I have unraveled along the spiritual path and putting it on pause. In this state of empty presence is a dimension of innocence and simple childlike purity. I have been just tip toeing with this because so much precious spiritual, ideological, and philosophical theories that I have unraveled are what I hold onto for dear life and it has been so essential in how I have survived in this plane of reality. I wonder if it is possible to lose myself in this childlike presence of being while simultaneously being able to interact and navigate the world functionally as a human being. This I would like to explore more and maybe I will dive into the deep end with abandon and complete faith and surrender.

I understand.

When I experienced that state I was faced with a choice. If I continued in that state of mind I would give up all the purpose and life goals I had set up for myself. If I had stayed in it, I would have began to act from a place of total spontaniety. I would have began traveling, meeting people, learning, growing, and letting everything fall into place as it needed to be.

I did not continue on that path because I believed in the knowledge I had learned before coming up to that place. I believed in my ability to do things my way, instead of surrendering and letting the universe unravel as it will.

In other words, I could have let go of control and maybe ended up with the destiny I wanted, or I may have lost the destiny I desired. I choose to keep the knowledge and destiny I desired. Ironically, letting go is probably the best way to achieve the destiny i desired. By holding on my progress was delayed.

wishing you the best of luck and courage. simply having this experience is like a spiritual milestone. It's a good sign.

If you can, try to overcome the fear of not knowing what is in front of you, just surrender and live in that state of mind. Maybe you will become the spiritual hero you always wanted to be and who everyone looks to for help and wisdom. maybe you will become the (spiritually) silent enlightened gardener few know the truth about but everybody loves. Either way you will be living in bliss. If you hold unto the things you once learned you won't be open to the new revelations as they come along. They will still fight for your attention, but holding unto the past will stop them from immediately integrating, instead they will be repressed and ready to re-surface when you begin to purify once again.

We trade comfort for excitement. Your old knowledge once excited you but it now comforts you. Letting it go will bring excitement and novelty, but also fear and anxiety. It's easy to choose comfort. Choose it until you get bored and the desire for excitement outweighs the fear of fear. When you are bored of comfort and don't fear the fear, then you will let go naturally and begin to live in that state of mind you recently sampled.

I believe the experience is like a sample. We are allowed to sample the dish (which is a state of consciousness) as encouragement and reward for our past efforts, but we must continue the work if we are to experience the state in any lasting way. A lasting way would mean it comes naturally, it stays active outside of meditation, and to meditate on it doesn't amplify the experience in any way. When we reach this state is when we can stop meditating so heavily and begin to share what we've learned with other people. As long as we can only reach it via meditation we still have further to go.
Old 22-10-2017, 06:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar
A lasting way would mean it comes naturally, it stays active outside of meditation, and to meditate on it doesn't amplify the experience in any way. When we reach this state is when we can stop meditating so heavily and begin to share what we've learned with other people. As long as we can only reach it via meditation we still have further to go.

Thank you for your insightful words, Shivatar. It is much appreciated.

♬ ♫ ♪ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtnJUS30olE ♪ ♫ ♬
Old 23-10-2017, 12:46 AM
Guide
Belief is very interesting to study. I find it is an extension of our will. So is what we know. What we know is so strong because we know it is real. Thats a strong will. Belief is "milder" because it involves things we do not know of for sure. And yet belief is like faith and thus is the most powerful of all when empowered to great lengths. You can believe in anything and knowing this allows you to choose your beliefs from just about anything. You can empower belief to such extents that belief even becomes knowing.
Old 23-10-2017, 07:01 PM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:

This sounds good to me ...
Old 28-10-2017, 01:09 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
I have been just tip toeing with this because so much precious spiritual, ideological, and philosophical theories that I have unraveled are what I hold onto for dear life and it has been so essential in how I have survived in this plane of reality.
Say what?? Survival??

Quote:
I wonder if it is possible to lose myself in this childlike presence of being while simultaneously being able to interact and navigate the world functionally as a human being.
"Go quietly amongst the haste and noise, and remember what Peace their may be in silence."
Desiderata

Sometimes the simplicity of the classics says it all.

Your theories, your Spirituality (more correctly your definition of it), what you hold onto for dear Life, beliefs.... all 'noise' generated by your egoic (not a swear word) mind are 'not you', that empty presence is 'you' being devoid of the other baggage. Just being. The presence can't possibly be empty because it's full of 'you', what it is empty of though is what you have decided you need but do you really? Perhaps it's time for a different meaningful and insightful realisation that might serve you better.
Old 28-10-2017, 02:29 PM
Knower

For me, I've never felt the need to abandon my
spiritual beliefs or ideologies that are rooted in
lifetimes of experience &
knowledge gained to experience spiritual
enlightenment.

Rather, transcendence. Understand the infinite that
lies beyond the human condition. Truth beyond
the domains of time & space, of body, heart,
and mind. With that, I can
easily transition into a childlike state of being &