Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-03-2017, 07:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
Sometimes it is impossible to find positivity in negativity. The hard truth is, some people just need a kick under their butt to get themselves put together. But as one of them, there are others who are less fortunate and have every reason to be negative. And about enjoying those little things you speak of as a cure.... Imagine living in a cage where your life is very small in contrast to those living outside the cage and experience the full gifts life has to offer. The one in the cage (having a small life where everything is daily the same without any change) will start to detest the ''little things'' and wants to move on and escape from that cage. It's difficult to find gratidude in life, especially if all your few blessings are slowly but surely taken away and things become worse for the matter.

I feel you and have compassion and see the deep sadness in your eyes on your avatar. I do not know your circumstances or the situation you are in. Perhaps you are the sole caretender for someone slowly dying? This is a very depressing situation to be in and one has to really fight hard to have a life, activities and friends outside the walls of the house under this situation - but it is the necessary life line.
Perhaps it is some other circumstance?

For some reason this story came to mind.

Years ago I met a man, he was perhaps in his 50's or 60's. I met him near a hot springs in the desert along a creek. He was staying there with his mule and this Gypsy type carriage that he'd hand made. It reminded me of the gold panners of old. The carriage had many drawers and cupboards around the outside of it and the interior wans just large enough for a single bed and a standing area for dressing. It was light enough his mule could pull it and he walked beside her.
In the summers he ranged in the Mountains in Colorado, never staying anywhere longer than 6 - 8 weeks, in the winters he came down into the deserts where it was warmer. As he traveled he planted squashes, potatoes and other food bearing foods along creeks in out of the way places for food for him and his mule as they passed back through.
He panned for gold nuggets from the creeks to pay for items he needed from town, shoeing and grain for his mule, dental work for himself and so on.
His life was spent outdoors, panning, soaking in the beauty, deep contemplation and peace.

When I asked him how he came to this lifestyle he said that over the years he found the pressures of family, neighborhoods, laws, and society soul crushing. He moved from a city and a big job, to a smaller town and smaller job to try and find freedom. Then from a small town to the countryside but was still bothered by those knocking on his doors and trying to get him involved in their pet projects, groups and organizations. He was still caged in his opinion. So he began building the carriage and when it was finished bought his mule and then hugged his wife good-bye and they set out.

I had met him beginning his third year of a life unrestrained. He had at last found for him what constituted Freedom. He had dropped entirely off the grid and was self sustaining, self reliant and beholden to no one.
I have no idea how long he was able to maintain this life in the Wilds of the West as I never saw him again.

Very few will have to go as far as he did to be 'cage free'. Sometimes just moving out into our own place with no roommates is enough to feel free of the cage, or a change of jobs or even just joining new groups and developing new interests so we feel alive again and self determining is enough.

If the reason for the caged feeling is caused by other people, unless there are actual locks and bars and armed guards then one can find away to set themselves free most likely. It just takes boldness, creativity, trust in self and some daring to take back control of one's own life and destiny and act on it.