Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Art

Old 13-01-2016, 06:40 PM
Pathfinder
Dreamcatchers

Hello. I really love to make dreamcatchers and i would like to share some of them with you. I hope you like it :)
Peace
Old 13-01-2016, 06:42 PM
Pathfinder
This is akward... xD Does anyone know why it doesnt want to upload them ?
Old 14-01-2016, 05:45 PM
Suspended
They have to be resized to a smaller one
Old 14-01-2016, 08:21 PM
Pathfinder
still doesnt work :( it only opens a window for internet ones...
Old 16-01-2016, 11:44 AM
Pathfinder
Perhaps, now it works. I appologise for those akward moments haha
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 10358880_10205075208580370_2901651694689018481_n.jpg (89.8 KB, 39 views)
Old 16-01-2016, 08:50 PM
Ascender
Wow! Look at that one. Very elegant Luna. That's really cool.
Old 17-01-2016, 02:00 AM
Master
It's very intricate and lovely. Do they work on nightmares?
Old 17-01-2016, 08:31 AM
Pathfinder
Thankyou Tridek and Berry. This is a legend of dreamcatchers i found, and i think is quite accurate. They work kinda like this. When you have them hanging over your bed, they will catch your bad dreams, and let good ones trough. I often put crystals in them too, so they have a special energy, and every one is a little bit more different.

LEGEND OF THE DREAMCATCHER
Long ago, when the world was young, an old Lakota spiritual leader was on a high mountain. On the mountain, he had a vision. In his vision, Iktomi - the great trickster and teacher of wisdom - appeared in the form of a spider.

Iktomi spoke to him in a sacred language. Only spiritual leaders of the Lakota could understand. As Iktomi spoke, he took the elder's willow hoop - which had feathers, horse hair, beads and offerings on it - and began to spin a web.

He spoke to the elder about the cycles of life and how we begin our lives as infants. We then move on to childhood and in to adulthood. Finally, we go to old age where we must be taken care of as infants, thus, completing the cycle.

"But," Iktomi said as he continued to spin his web, "in each time of life there are many forces - some good and some bad. If you listen to the good forces, they will steer you in the right direction. But, if you listen to the bad forces, they will hurt you and steer you in the wrong direction."

He continued, "There are many forces and different directions that can help or interfere with the harmony of nature and also with the Great Spirit and all of his wonderful teachings."

All while the spider spoke, he continued to weave his web ... starting from the outside and working toward the center. When Iktomi finished speaking, he gave the Lakota elder the web and said, "See, the web is a perfect circle, but there is a hole in the center of the circle."

"Use the web to help yourself and your people ... to reach your goals and make use of your people's ideas, dreams and visions. If you believe in the Great Spirit, the web will catch your good ideas, and the bad ones will go through the hole." (Note: Some bands believe the bad ideas are caught in the web and the good ideas pass through to the individual. Either account is acceptable.)

The Lakota elder passed his vision on to his people. Now, the Sioux use the dreamcatchers as the web of their life. Traditionally, it is hung above their beds or in their homes to sift their dreams and visions. Good dreams are captured in the web of life and carried with them ... but the evil dreams escape through the center's hole and are no longer part of them. (Note: Some bands believe the bad ideas are caught in the web and the good ideas pass through to the individual. Either account is acceptable.)

Lakota believe the dreamcatcher holds the destiny of their future.

(Article from this site : http://aktalakota.stjo.org/site/News...rticle&id=8820 )
Old 17-01-2016, 04:39 PM
Master
Nice work! I can imagine that ones with crystals would be popular :)
Old 17-01-2016, 08:43 PM
Pathfinder
Thankyou :) here is a few more. I intend to make more as soon as find time to do so. In my head i have something totally different if ill be able to make it a reality
Peace
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 11986503_764199177058609_8103942824621171480_n.jpg (78.0 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 20150908_171052.jpg (179.2 KB, 8 views)