Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 03-12-2019, 12:00 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
If you define it as a kind of 'bliss' and 'peace' due to some kind of ''experience'', or multiple experiences, than many people here probably have done so. If you define it along the lines of eastern religion, i.e. enlightenment being in perpetual bliss and oneness and totally free of karma and all attachment for an eternity, then no, not a single person on this forum has done this.
Yes i meant that enlightenment not 1 or 2 experiences of bliss, the self realisation or moksha i mentioned is beyond everything, i am looking for them.
Old 03-12-2019, 12:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by kishore
According to me he/she is one who has dissolved thier ego completely, does not feel profit or loss, does not feel insult or respect etc after reaching that state, looking for that type of person in this site.
If one does not feel profit/reward or loss, insult or respect. Wouldn't you become numb to everything? Let's be honest. In some way one wasn't rewarded for what they do. They would be no reason to do it. If one didn't feel loss they're would be no drive to improve/grow. If you didn't feel loss. You wouldn't feel sadness if you don't know sadness how can you know happiness? I see it if you're completely free of ego as you put it. One would feel nothing and become lifeless.
Old 03-12-2019, 12:03 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
According to me he/she is one who has dissolved thier ego completely, does not feel profit or loss, does not feel insult or respect etc after reaching that state, looking for that type of person in this site.
The hope of anyone here doing that is zero. The cemeteries are full of such people, though.

Hallow has it right. What's the point of being alive if totally bereft of ego? What's the reward for that?
Old 03-12-2019, 12:06 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne
There is no such person. The person you are describing is basically a zombie, I don't know why you would consider this desirable.

Even the Gods have distinct personalities, strengths and weaknesses, can get angry, jealous, etc... It is completely unreasonable to expect anyone to dissolve their ego, that is not what self-realisation is about, in fact, as the name suggests, it is the very opposite of that.

Self-realisation is about empowering the Self. It is realising that what we think of as the Ego is Illusory, a creation of our primate brains basically, the real "Us" is actually the Self (Atman), which is just a point of view, a local manifestation of the greater whole, or the Universal Self (Brahman).

Enlightenment does not dissolve the ego, rather it becomes irrelevant as the Self looks back upon itself and realises its true nature. Rather than dissolving, the true Self realises its infinite nature, becomes boundless and omniscient. The universal form of Self, can only be held outside the body, once the Self returns its points of view to body-consciousness, it becomes restricted and limited again.
I am talking about the permanent state of soul which is not attached to ego, and that is permanent, once reached u won't feel ego ever, only self remains, just read who am i book by Shriram Sharma about freeing soul from body consiousness and ego and reaching realization
Old 03-12-2019, 12:10 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
If one does not feel profit/reward or loss, insult or respect. Wouldn't you become numb to everything? Let's be honest. In some way one wasn't rewarded for what they do. They would be no reason to do it. If one didn't feel loss they're would be no drive to improve/grow. If you didn't feel loss. You wouldn't feel sadness if you don't know sadness how can you know happiness? I see it if you're completely free of ego as you put it. One would feel nothing and become lifeless.
U still have lot to know, just read few self realisation books and u will know the inner meaning, soul does not bother about insult respect, but mind does.
Old 03-12-2019, 12:23 PM
Lorelyen

You're (or ur in your lingo) are making some pretty contentious and wide-sweeping statements. Are you saying there's no connection between soul and mind?

But if you answer my question then perhaps I can add to the discussion. What is the reward for being totally without ego?

And another one? Are you equating self-realisation with enlightenment?
Old 03-12-2019, 12:26 PM
Master

Quote:
I am talking about the permanent state of soul which is not attached to ego, and that is permanent, once reached u won't feel ego ever, only self remains, just read who am i book by Shriram Sharma about freeing soul from body consiousness and ego and reaching realization

Ok, I get your point, that is pretty much what I said too :)

What you are talking about is Unity Consciousness. Just note that in this state, the ego does not dissolve, but the boundaries that separate it from others do. It merges with others in a continuum or collective Self, yet it does not lose its individual "flavour" so to speak. People who talk about Ego Death, Killing the Ego and such are simply mistaken, there is no such thing. There is only coming into your power and expanding into infinity with your consciousness, which happens for instance when the Kundalini power pierces the last block and reaches the Crown. This is when Unity consciousness is first achieved in a person's life.

This error stems from a mistaken point of view. People identify with their ego, thinking that is who they are, but that is just an illusory creation of the brain. The "Self" is actually the one doing the identifying with the ego. If it were to simply cease doing that, which it can do at any moment, in a flash of realisation, it would reach a non-dual state, in which it would simply find itself outside this reality, looking around with wondrous amazement that there is so much more beyond identification with ego and the material world and body.
Old 03-12-2019, 12:31 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
You're (or ur in your lingo) are making some pretty contentious and wide-sweeping statements. Are you saying there's no connection between soul and mind?

But if you answer my question then perhaps I can add to the discussion. What is the reward for being totally without ego?

And another one? Are you equating self-realisation with enlightenment?
Generally people are mixture of soul astral body causal body etc which can otherwise called mind,ego and intellect. But suffering only ends when u free soul from these bodies permanently through obes and meditation, hope it is clear now.
Old 03-12-2019, 12:42 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne
Ok, I get your point, that is pretty much what I said too :)

What you are talking about is Unity Consciousness. Just note that in this state, the ego does not dissolve, but the boundaries that separate it from others do. It merges with others in a continuum or collective Self, yet it does not lose its individual "flavour" so to speak. People who talk about Ego Death, Killing the Ego and such are simply mistaken, there is no such thing. There is only coming into your power and expanding into infinity with your consciousness, which happens for instance when the Kundalini power pierces the last block and reaches the Crown. This is when Unity consciousness is first achieved in a person's life.

This error stems from a mistaken point of view. People identify with their ego, thinking that is who they are, but that is just an illusory creation of the brain. The "Self" is actually the one doing the identifying with the ego. If it were to simply cease doing that, which it can do at any moment, in a flash of realisation, it would reach a non-dual state, in which it would simply find itself outside this reality, looking around with wondrous amazement that there is so much more beyond identification with ego and the material world and body.
Yes but what i mean is that once u have realised the self, everything else vanishes like pride anger jealous etc, please read that book who am i?
Old 03-12-2019, 12:56 PM
Master

Quote:
Yes but what i mean is that once u have realised the self, everything else vanishes like pride anger jealous etc, please read that book who am i?

Kishore, you won't get answers by reading a book and neither will I.

Only direct connection with the absolute can lead to Self-realisation.

It is true, that ordinary human emotions, such as pride and jealousy, do not exist in our non-dual state. There is just bliss and joy. You can actually realise this non-dual state within yourself, by keeping this feeling in your heart and growing it. It is similar to the feeling of Love, except it's universal and non-judgemental. I would describe it as a warm glow, that shines with a bright white light, enveloped in a golden sheen. If during meditation, you feel this state overcoming you, deep in your heart, concentrate on it, let it grow, envelop you and your surroundings. It is basically the Atman, which dwells in the heart, expanding and becoming your reality. This is what Self-realisation really means.