Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 25-11-2019, 03:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Why are you asking? Why are you here (on the forum)?

This thread came about shortly after the argument on this thread. Which started towards the end of page 2. http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=131130 I assume it may have been an influence to the creation of this thread.
Old 25-11-2019, 05:06 AM
Experiencer

If you guys love the forum like the OP does, then consider donating to it via the link on the left. I confirmed that there are no fees, so even if you donate just $1 they'll get the whole thing.
Old 25-11-2019, 05:07 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
This thread came about shortly after the argument on this thread. Which started towards the end of page 2. http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=131130 I assume it may have been an influence to the creation of this thread.
I was going to post on that thread saying something along the lines of 'the only way to subdue (kill) the ego is through surrendering the ego and individual will to something much greater than what it is...to stop believing the story we keep on telling ourselves to justify our existence here...on this forum...on this planet'...however, after reading through that thread, I concluded that nobody was ready to hear that..so I just left it alone.

I don't know what use this forum is...I cannot speak for everyone here and I assume people must be deriving some benefit from it because it is still active and hasn't died like many other online "Spiritual Forums"...for me, personally it just gives me something to do when I get bored..but I am often reminded by my Higher Self that isn't really a good enough reason for me to actually be here.

I mean, I got half the active members on my "ignore list" and those I haven't, have probably done the same thing to me...and there are times when I need to wait for weeks or even months to get a response to my posts... that's IF I ever do, meanwhile, debates and arguments just rage all around me in those threads by others willing to defend their egos at all costs...as soon as they see someone (me) offering an objective, logical or scientific explanation, they just don't wanna know...do ya think the universe is trying to tell me something? The hints it gives me are not that subtle.

The way to subdue the ego is by saying "yes, you are correct and I apologise" even though you know they couldn't be any more further from the truth if they tried ....but how many human beings have the ability to do that? This is what sorts out the "Enlightened Masters" from those who just wannabe.
Old 25-11-2019, 06:04 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
I was going to post on that thread saying something along the lines of 'the only way to subdue (kill) the ego is through surrendering the ego and individual will to something much greater than what it is...to stop believing the story we keep on telling ourselves to justify our existence here...on this forum...on this planet'...however, after reading through that thread, I concluded that nobody was ready to hear that..so I just left it alone.

But you made sure to say that in this thread.
Old 25-11-2019, 08:09 AM
Master
Quote:
But you made sure to say that in this thread.
Yup, but the true test is gonna come when a member on here actually replies to the content of my posts instead of questioning my motives for posting them.

The day that happens, is the day I stop believing that the universe is predictably boring.

Until then, I wait for KonrD111, Mike S80, Davidsun, r6r6r, Guthrio, Uday Advaita and the OP of this thread to find these posts...make those same observations...yada..

I have nobody else to discuss Spiritual matters with other than my dog and all she is good for is telling me to ignore all this and rub her tummy..

I have tried to create a Spiritual "fall guy"...a "patsy" as it were... haven't had much success there... "What would I do if I were me?...oh wait..."
Old 25-11-2019, 08:15 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:

Bingo, we have a winner. LOL!

As I said in my original post all this spirituality stuff is great in theory but needs to be put into practice and in an environment that will present challenges. Literally! One of the messages of the Bhagavad Gita comes to mind about not withdrawing from, but engaging life. Isn't that the real path of growth and advancement?
Old 25-11-2019, 08:18 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Ah...
Cheers. That isn't a section of the forum I visit.

It's all the capriciousness of words, innit? Perhaps the moderators should ban the word "Ego" - set it up on the auto-moderator. Such words signify different concepts for us all.
Old 25-11-2019, 08:21 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Yup, but the true test is gonna come when a member on here actually replies to the content of my posts instead of questioning my motives for posting.

The day that happens, is the day I stop believing that the universe is predictably boring.

Until then, I wait for KonrD111, Mike S80, Davidsun, r6r6r, Guthrio, Uday Advaita and the OP of this thread to find these posts...make those same observations...yada..

I have nobody else to discuss Spiritual matters with other than my dog and all she is good for is telling me to ignore all this and rub her tummy..

I have tried to create a Spiritual "fall guy"...a "patsy" as it were... haven't had much success there... "What would I do if I were me?...oh wait..."

Sounds like a challenge? Guess I'll have to start paying attention to more than just the typed words. I didn't know this was a test.
Old 25-11-2019, 08:32 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
The way to subdue the ego is by saying "yes, you are correct and I apologise" even though you know they couldn't be any more further from the truth if they tried

The one critique I would have with that approach is it might very well be an untruth, and since words have meaning and power it's best not to pervert them. I'm thinking it's best to either agree to disagree, acknowledge the discussion is not beneficial or lastly just not reply.
Old 25-11-2019, 08:36 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
Sounds like a challenge? Guess I'll have to start paying attention to more than just the typed words. I didn't know this was a test.
It is not a test..it is me wondering what the heck I must do to have an academic debate on esoterica and mysticism on here without boring my "target audience" after the first sentence...however, Microsoft has pointed out that the average human attention span is less than that of a goldfish..

Bottom line my dear..

Since joining this forum, I have felt very uncomfortable here. It feels like I am only banging my head against a brick wall and the only reason I frequent here and put myself through all of this is because it feels so bloody great when I stop doing it

I am glad people like you are on here because I get to have half decent discussions on epigenetics, Quantum Field Theory,, increasing Telomerase production, astrometrics and sacred geometry...before you showed up, I was having in-depth discussions with my dog about all of that stuff...

I should just stick with pretending this forum is nothing more than a blog spot and I will be fine...

I just want there to be more people in the universe besides the ME that I AM....playing hide and seek with myself is incredibly boring when I know where to look...and that is my conundrum in a nutshell.