Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 23-01-2020, 04:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernworm
I am so tired of being negatively influenced and accidentally being a negative influence. Sometimes I want to move on from this life in the human world and become a non-sentient plant.

Most other living beings on this planet definitely have it easier. No worries over ''purpose'', ''plans'', ''lessons'' and all of that. No further need for conceptualizations. They just do what they ought to do, eat, sleep, reproduce, and survive. Nothing grand, and no mental constructs that get in the way. To be a plant or nonhuman animal is maybe a blessing. It is only the humans that think they are better.

Most human suffering seems to be a consequence of civilization, not that we didn't suffer before that, but the specializations and inequalities and all the games of civilization make everything more complex and messy for the mind to cope with.
Old 23-01-2020, 04:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
I think it's turned into an obsession.
I can appreciate the fact that it looks that way to you. From my point of view, you are 'obsessed' with putting me and my shtick 'down' - as. for example,when you label what I am devoted to 'an obsession'.

Maybe the 'passions' of anyone else look like 'obsessions' to those who don't share them (i.e. who aren't 'passionate' in the same way).

I tell you in all honesty, Jo: I would much rather have my passions than the likes of yours!
Old 04-05-2020, 09:14 PM
Master
a combination of both Mithya (false beliefs and false mental and emotional conditioning) and maya (ignorance of truth) creates all non-truths, pain and suffering. Wherever there is Mithya, maya or ignorance of the truth follows. Ignorance of the truth always follows false beliefs and false mental and emotional conditioning.

"satya or satyam. It is not merely truthfulness, but that singular Truth that can never be untrue at any time, place, or circumstance. Non-dual Truth transcends, time, space, and causation. Note, that time and space create divisions. If something transcends time and space it has no limits or boundaries. Therefore, this Truth/Reality must be infinite, eternal, and indivisible, hence, all-pervading. Further, there cannot be two infinites. Thus Brahman is all there is. So what is this world?

The statement above says it is mithya, false. But what does this false mean? It means changing, impermanent, perishable, superimposed, and dependent on something else for its existence. Another great statement from the Upanisads asserts, Sarvam khalvidam Brahman, All this, indeed, is Brahman. All this (idam), meaning that all we see with our mind and senses is Brahman, but we are not recognizing it as Brahman. And this is maya, ignorance, the cause of all suffering.That one, the Eternal among non-eternals, the Intelligence of the intelligent, who though ever one fulfills the desires of the many those who realize that One as existing in their own self, to them belongs eternal peace, and to none else.

Shining like burnished gold in the luminous sheath of intelligence, the deepest core of the human being, there dwells Brahman, stainless, indivisible, and pure. That is the Light of all that shines. That is what the knowers of the Self realize."
http://www.advaita-academy.org/blogs/brahman-satya/
Old 05-05-2020, 02:37 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
Hello,

There can be great joy and immense satisfaction doing influential energy work as a human. None of us are not here to be on vacation.

This critical point in time for human evolution will pass away and our human challanges will become a lot easier. There are those of us who are making that happen while some of us are waiting for it to happen. I can appreciate how you feel. Yet you choose to be here at This Time. Have you ever wondered why?

John
I feel the same exact way here as you have described we are here to leave our imprint and the delicate balance of life is magical (this also includes having experienced the horrors only to transcend them)
Old 05-05-2020, 02:39 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
I can appreciate the fact that it looks that way to you. From my point of view, you are 'obsessed' with putting me and my shtick 'down' - as. for example,when you label what I am devoted to 'an obsession'.

Maybe the 'passions' of anyone else look like 'obsessions' to those who don't share them (i.e. who aren't 'passionate' in the same way).

I tell you in all honesty, Jo: I would much rather have my passions than the likes of yours!
David you were on a roll !!! You almost said it without falling into the trap!!
Having your "passion" is what makes the world unique. Never bow to another man's perspective unless it resonates with you
Old 05-05-2020, 05:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyfresh
David you were on a roll !!! You almost said it without falling into the trap!!
Having your "passion" is what makes the world unique. Never bow to another man's perspective unless it resonates with you
It's only a 'trap' if you stay (get stuck) in it. Sometimes the practical thing to do (if one is 'passionately' inclined to do it, that is) is to go 'into' something in order to bust 'it' open.
Old 06-05-2020, 02:21 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
It's only a 'trap' if you stay (get stuck) in it. Sometimes the practical thing to do (if one is 'passionately' inclined to do it, that is) is to go 'into' something in order to bust 'it' open.
excellent point made here