Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Channeling > Channeled Messages

Old 25-06-2011, 05:09 PM
Master
And thankyou Mattie for the link.
Spiritlite.
Old 25-06-2011, 07:57 PM
Scibat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritlite
I think that people have the right to discern for themselves what they believe or not believe, obviously . However I don't beleive bashing other people for what they believe in.......if you believed in something such as witcraft and I came on and said "what a bunch of ** and wicca is a bunch of garbage" that's not very nice is it?
Spiritlite.

I haven't bashed anyone. I just think this woman is a fraud that preys on people and scams them out of money. If people choose to believe she is channeling an alien intelligence well they are entitled to that belief.
Old 25-06-2011, 08:28 PM
Master
One can make whatever kind of story and put it on the internet and there will be people who believe it. Over the years I have seen many fantastical stuff on the webzzz and the Galactic Federation of the Light is only one amongst many. There was also Y2K, Blossom Goodchild (?), so called galaxy alignments, then there are more sites about astrology than astronomy, and then there are the children who are named after colours and shiny stones.

About this subject, one can only wonder why aliens and otherdimensional creatures would be bothered with us. And all these alien species have names from our culture.
I don't trust channelling, most of all because people seem to channel their own beliefs and underlying desires..

Some healthy scepticism is a virtue..
Old 26-06-2011, 02:51 AM
Ascender

You do have to be cautious like a snake, or was it cunning? Anyway, I do think there are genuine people out there channeling whatever entity they wish to put a label on as well as those who are frauds. But there are frauds in almost any profession, from lawyers to accountants. Just because one person's message doesn't resonate with your own beliefs doesn't account for all the other channelers whose message is legit and has meaning for people. Exercise caution but keep an open mind.
Old 26-06-2011, 02:56 AM
Master
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***ROM***
... But there are frauds in almost any profession, from lawyers to accountants. Just because one person's message doesn't resonate with your own beliefs doesn't account for all the other channelers whose message is legit and has meaning for people. Exercise caution but keep an open mind.

I like that way of thinking, ROM. I mean, how many times has man been surprised by what is, changing the whole game.

Old 26-06-2011, 04:01 AM
Scibat

Quote:
You do have to be cautious like a snake, or was it cunning? Anyway, I do think there are genuine people out there channeling whatever entity they wish to put a label on as well as those who are frauds. But there are frauds in almost any profession, from lawyers to accountants. Just because one person's message doesn't resonate with your own beliefs doesn't account for all the other channelers whose message is legit and has meaning for people. Exercise caution but keep an open mind.

There is a limit to what I can keep an open mind about. It has nothing to do with the message in this case, I don't know what the woman's message is. It is her claims of the source of her messages that I find unbelievable, without credibility regarding the source the rest of the information is suspect.
Old 26-06-2011, 04:51 AM
Ascender

I understand what you're saying and I can see how it would seem ridiculous in this day and age. But hey, there's a lot we haven't yet discovered so who says there's not some alien on some spaceship on some planet in some far away galaxy being channelled? Well when it's put like that, seems like some crackpot statement. But oh well.
Old 26-06-2011, 06:24 AM
Scibat

Quote:
I understand what you're saying and I can see how it would seem ridiculous in this day and age. But hey, there's a lot we haven't yet discovered so who says there's not some alien on some spaceship on some planet in some far away galaxy being channelled? Well when it's put like that, seems like some crackpot statement. But oh well.

Yeah it sounds more than a little ridiculous when you think about it, then look at the little web-shop she has to shill products. If it was an alien you'd think they'd sell more interesting items than mouse pads and coffee mugs.
Old 26-06-2011, 08:44 AM
Master
Quote:
But there are frauds in almost any profession, from lawyers to accountants. Just because one person's message doesn't resonate with your own beliefs doesn't account for all the other channelers whose message is legit and has meaning for people. Exercise caution but keep an open mind.
This is a poor comparison.. it's like saying there are real and fake breatharians, real and fake people that can fly with their ears etc. because after all, every group has its frauds and genuine people..
Quote:
But hey, there's a lot we haven't yet discovered
Which is no reason to believe just about everything that is being touted as the truth, imo.

There's the saying.. ''Have an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out.''
Old 14-07-2011, 10:36 PM
mattie

Site Sales Are Likely Fairly Minor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scibat
I haven't bashed anyone. I just think this woman is a fraud that preys on people and scams them out of money. ...

Suzan Carroll is a therapist. I'm fairly sure this is the source of her income, not the small amount of items she sells on multidimensions.com that are artwork images she includes w/ her writings. I would be astonished if she makes any significant amount of $$$ from the items on her site. These fall under the category of creative expression.

Her site as a counseler is:
http://suzanneliephd.com/

She has made all of her work free unlike some who charge for this type of thing. That is hardly predatory.