Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 17-03-2019, 04:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystalsun
http://yogananda.com.au/gurus/yoganandaquotes03b.html

This is from Yogananda:

"The Lord is not a Person with sense organs, but Consciousness itself; He is therefore aware of the thoughts and sensory perceptions of every being. Jesus referred to this all-embracingness when he said that not a sparrow shall fall on the ground without the knowledge of the Father. (bg)

God is the Eternal Consciousness, unchanging and indivisible, in which the illusions of time (change) and space (division) present an infinite variety of forms interacting in a progressive mode of past, present, and future. "

This I read a few years ago, the first time i heard that God is Consciousness itself.
To be honest, i am still not clear on all this concept.

That sounds all very well. But I do not think universal consciousness is enough to save the Human race. Only our Father is strong enough to do that. Before anyone asks "what do we need saving from?" just think about what happened in New Zealand just the other day.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 17-03-2019, 04:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
That sounds all very well. But I do not think universal consciousness is enough to save the Human race. Only our Father is strong enough to do that. Before anyone asks "what do we need saving from?" just think about what happened in New Zealand just the other day.

' just think about what happened in New Zealand just the other day.'

Where was ' Our Father ' when that was happening ?
Old 17-03-2019, 07:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
' just think about what happened in New Zealand just the other day.'

Where was ' Our Father ' when that was happening ?

I have no idea. But universal consciousness was not there either.

Old 18-03-2019, 07:38 AM
Knower
Quote:

Erwin Schriodinger i suppose is the founder of quantum mechanics. He studied consciousness for a long period.He was very inspired by the Vedas. He has said "The total sum of minds in the universe is one.In fact, consciousness is a singularity phasing in aall beings."

So, universal consciousness orcastrates terror attacks in N.Zealand. Why? I don't know. You put "the Father" above UC. Do you reffer to the bible Father ?
Old 18-03-2019, 05:29 PM
Pathfinder
I think that first is quite a lot of mysticism with whom people usually try to seperate oneself from Christian picture of a GOD, or ISLAM. It can be everything just not christianity or islam and everything what they teach or stand for, must be or is in one way or another wrong, childish and for less capable, less intellectual, b version of ''spirituality''.The real deal what many younger people think today is, or what western culture seems to assume is: eastern philosophy, eastern religion,...from where are most of the popular views.From my point of view is this denial of all western philosophy, western religion,..because of the disasters what Catholic Church and Islam have often produce. And I can understand this partly, people want to free oneself's from dogma, monopol & influence of priests,...(ironically Jesus tried the same thing also) even though my support here also ends with all those rejections of western religions and philosophy, which for sure is not less sophisticated and amazing as the eastern.

Many people today in this eastern search of liberation actaully don't know much about eastern religions and their philosophies, there gives many, many dark sides of eastern religions also - I guess some would actaully rather go back to Christianity if they would know some dark sides of Buddhism or Hinduism. Usually when you hear, all is energy, all is vibration,..they usually talk about Advaita Vedanta (it's a hindu philosophy) and introspections. It's really a very, very difficult philosophy which actaully noone really understands and never did. The most easy how to grasp this philosophy when they say ''All is one'' all is consciousness, consciousness is everything there is,..although hardly anyone know to explain this or tell what that even means? Does that mean that I'm dreaming or that I'm a part of your dream? Are you my illusion? And my dog? Or I'm your illusion? The most easily to interpret or understand this philosophy is, if you imagine a raindrop, from 1 raindrop can become two, three, four,..an ocean and each raindrop will be completely unique, yet at the same time all will be one. It's almost identical what Christianity teach (literally), just different metaphors,...I could further describe this philosophy about the origin, creation(yes creation, same as Christianity),while Buddism have never deal with philosphies about the origin but about breaking free from suffering.
Old 19-03-2019, 02:39 PM
Master

My image in God is of energy and consciouness . This post on a.p. by one of the mods fits my image of God .

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/we...-t38258.0.html
Old 19-03-2019, 04:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by meetjazz
I think that first is quite a lot of mysticism with whom people usually try to seperate oneself from Christian picture of a GOD, or ISLAM. It can be everything just not christianity or islam and everything what they teach or stand for, must be or is in one way or another wrong, childish and for less capable, less intellectual, b version of ''spirituality''.The real deal what many younger people think today is, or what western culture seems to assume is: eastern philosophy, eastern religion,...from where are most of the popular views.From my point of view is this denial of all western philosophy, western religion,..because of the disasters what Catholic Church and Islam have often produce. And I can understand this partly, people want to free oneself's from dogma, monopol & influence of priests,...(ironically Jesus tried the same thing also) even though my support here also ends with all those rejections of western religions and philosophy, which for sure is not less sophisticated and amazing as the eastern.

Many people today in this eastern search of liberation actaully don't know much about eastern religions and their philosophies, there gives many, many dark sides of eastern religions also - I guess some would actaully rather go back to Christianity if they would know some dark sides of Buddhism or Hinduism. Usually when you hear, all is energy, all is vibration,..they usually talk about Advaita Vedanta (it's a hindu philosophy) and introspections. It's really a very, very difficult philosophy which actaully noone really understands and never did. The most easy how to grasp this philosophy when they say ''All is one'' all is consciousness, consciousness is everything there is,..although hardly anyone know to explain this or tell what that even means? Does that mean that I'm dreaming or that I'm a part of your dream? Are you my illusion? And my dog? Or I'm your illusion? The most easily to interpret or understand this philosophy is, if you imagine a raindrop, from 1 raindrop can become two, three, four,..an ocean and each raindrop will be completely unique, yet at the same time all will be one. It's almost identical what Christianity teach (literally), just different metaphors,...I could further describe this philosophy about the origin, creation(yes creation, same as Christianity),while Buddism have never deal with philosphies about the origin but about breaking free from suffering.

The dark side of Eastern religion....yes I know what you mean.

Old 19-03-2019, 04:33 PM
Master
Quote:
The dark side of Eastern religion....yes I know what you mean.

Read the OT to see the dark side of Christianity
You could also study the Inquisition and the Crusades to name a few..... I could fill a page but you'll see the gist of my meaning....
Old 19-03-2019, 06:22 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
You could also study the Inquisition and the Crusades to name a few..... I could fill a page but you'll see the gist of my meaning....

These things are not the teachings of Christ. Therefore not Christianity IMO.

^^^^^
Old 20-03-2019, 08:09 AM
Master
Quote:

To be fair the post that I was referring to mentioned the dark side of Christianity as well as the dark side of Eastern religion. It was saying both have a dark side.