Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 26-11-2016, 11:25 PM
Knower

All religions are cults. from your very brief description of your "brothers" fall. It doesnt sound that dangerous to me.what are you really worried about?.
Old 27-11-2016, 02:59 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by declan
All religions are cults. from your very brief description of your "brothers" fall. It doesnt sound that dangerous to me.what are you really worried about?.

not really. I got involved with a cult once, because I'm stupid. But I saw what was going on, the people in the cult needed a place to exist. But the person leading the cult was a user, takin advantage of them for his own gain. I wanted to play but on those terms I just had to sigh and go away.

Churches by and large aren't cults in that way, the pastors by and large don't try to just use and abuse people that way. Yeah there are some outliers but you will always have that... meanwhile I think cults are designed from top down for the 'managers' to abuse the people who are just needing a place in life.
Old 27-11-2016, 03:40 AM
Experiencer
All religions are cults (their main intention is to control people), however there are degrees to which they extend their control. Lots of religions use one idea to attract their members and that is usually, that their religion can save the world.
Old 27-11-2016, 03:53 AM
Knower
I'm confused...Does your brother have to be in a cult to be logical?...Cuz I've been pretty logical my entire life & I've never been in a cult/clique/religion, etc, nor do I plan on being in one cuz I just don't need to be in one..lol..And my logic tells me that...You really can think logically all on your own by yourself..;)
Old 27-11-2016, 08:20 AM
Knower
From my personal experience i can give you that: i used to be in a cult. People outside of the cult told me it even and i remember to have deffended it till i burned the bridges. Due to how deep he is already into, he wont listen because for himself he found the ultimate answer. I advise let him go, he'll go anyways foremost he must make his own life experiences. After i realized i was fallen for a cult i was emotionally deep down and ashamed of myself. If he is a person questioning things there are good chances ge might figure it himself. Anyways there is not much you can do actually unless you got a proffesional help which are knowing of cult structures etc, i dont know the word in english but in my country there are such organizations which helping people out.
Old 27-11-2016, 11:23 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by declan

There's a lot of difference between a cult and a religion.
Old 28-11-2016, 02:14 PM
Newbie ;)

THERES NO DIFFERANCE