Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 25-11-2016, 01:41 AM
Newbie ;)

Angry HELP crazy cult is destroying my brother

My brother wants to join this group of people, that are just crazy cultists. Their whole ideology is how you can just replace what is driving you in life with "logic". He is telling me how i can just replace being spiritual with being logical and how thats actually even closer to spirituality and to see who i really am. He wants to become an emotionless robot. And this dangerous belief is actually SPREADING, this is the video he got it from:

Science Finds God? (YOUTUBE VIDEO) (forum wont allow me to post URL)

Its called Science Finds God? They think logic is their god and how you can solve everything by just being logical! Thats not how the world works. ALSO saying how EINSTEIN,SAGAN or whoever else also beleived in this which is utter nonsense. There is no way that is true. You cant just let logic guide you through life, THAT ON ITSELF IS ILLOGICAL!
Old 25-11-2016, 04:26 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIKQtTmnRNc 12min

Seems there are 4 steps...also, interesting the videos I saw...each
guy had an accent, no Americans or Brits, so far.
If it is helping these people be happier, good...it is a stepping stone.
But, I understand cults can be scary to the family.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 25-11-2016, 07:29 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIKQtTmnRNc 12min

...also, interesting the videos I saw...each
guy had an accent, no Americans or Brits

What does it mean to you if there are no Americans or Brits?
Old 25-11-2016, 12:48 PM
Master
He is experiencing his own life and he need to make his own mistakes and leran and grow from them. We all do
Old 25-11-2016, 01:41 PM
Newbie ;)

Make his own mistakes?? Maybe its going to be the last mistake he ever makes! I don't know if they are just going to drink a poison or something one day like the kool aid cult!
Old 25-11-2016, 05:37 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krosser
My brother wants to join this group of people, that are just crazy cultists. Their whole ideology is how you can just replace what is driving you in life with "logic". He is telling me how i can just replace being spiritual with being logical and how thats actually even closer to spirituality and to see who i really am. He wants to become an emotionless robot. And this dangerous belief is actually SPREADING, this is the video he got it from:

Science Finds God? (YOUTUBE VIDEO) (forum wont allow me to post URL)

So thinking logical is bad? Okeyyy, can you say me why?
Old 25-11-2016, 05:49 PM
Lorelyen

There are so many examples of cults easy to get into but almost impossible to leave. People who succumb are mere servants or slaves to the leader's agenda. Potential recruits are rarely of sound mind or seriously vulnerable even if they seem on an even keel. They don't even ask about the small print. Often there is no small print. You simply surrender. The leaders simply bait recruits will all kinds of promises that, with a little investigation, often turn out pretty hollow.

If you've explained that to him and he still wants to surrender, there's little you can do. These outfits will already have poisoned his mind, portraying naysayers as people holding him back from some alleged evolution; ignoramuses etc.

Old 25-11-2016, 06:05 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by alecia1993
So thinking logical is bad? Okeyyy, can you say me why?

Because logic has limitations in ordinary living.

You may have to make instant decisions, sometimes between a selection of outcomes which may defy logic - optimising is needed, balance between (superficially logical) outcomes. Try running a business...

Then, what about when all outcomes are disadvantageous. Someone has to choose the least worst. They may have to decide in the absence of facts that could be digested by logic.
(I had to decide whether to stay in a comfy job that I didn't like or throw cares to the wind and go freelance without knowing what tomorrow would bring.)
Logic said "stay where you are. You're sure of survival (so far as income goes).

Consider the stock exchange. People like Milton Friedman claimed markets are logical...sure the idea is logical but the workings are far from it because his model conveniently overlooks imponderables such as sudden political change, natural disaster, adverse scientific discovery, hostile takeovers.... right down to someone wanting cash for something else.

How many people have logically invested and lost their money? How many have invested on a whim and made a fortune?

The moment aleatoric events come into play, logic is poor companion.

Old 25-11-2016, 06:22 PM
Deactivated Account
Ah! That's creepy. I hate cults. It seems to me that people who are susceptible to cults are the ones who need to feel a sense of belonging. Maybe let him know that you're there for him?
Old 25-11-2016, 08:13 PM
Master

I have a very simple prayer for my family members:

"Don't let them loose their path or get lost."

So pray for him.