Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 05-02-2013, 11:25 PM
Andarras

Herbs for astral dreams?

Hi all, I had a mugwort tea then did a shaman meditation. The journey was definitely a little different. Then swallowed ae drops of it upon bed. Don't recall my dreams though. Does it work stronger after several uses?
Old 14-04-2013, 05:46 AM
Eonnn84

Disappointing no one has replied.

A few things I know may work although not 100% guarenteed, more like a 20% chance.

Valerian
If you are making mugwort tea's I would suggest going to a health food store and finding some valerian root which can be combined with the mugwort in an infuser. The stuff really stinks though so make sure you package it good afterwards in an air-tight container. Don't add sugar or milk as it will likely take away any beneficial effects. You can get valerian in pill form too.

Vitamin B6
Known for its enhancing effects in lucid dreaming, increasing vividness and the potential to lucid dream. I believe it works by increasing electrical impulses in your brain and in turn creates a raised level of awareness.

Melatonin
This is the mechanism your body uses at night to repair damaged cells so it is produced naturally in the absence of light and other stimuli. Don't take this for extended periods of time otherwise your body may stop producing it - see label. I always get a better night's sleep with this and usually wake up earlier feeling refreshed. It is useful in this way in promoting good sleep but in turn lowers your level of awareness. In terms of AP or lucid dreaming I would suggest only taking 1 tablet rather than the suggested 3-6.

Galantamine and Choline
Galantamine is mainly used for alzheimers, it is believed to improve memory - hence its use in dreaming for dream recall. Choline I don't know much about other than it is also good for dreaming. There is a company called Dreamamins which produces a pill called the lucid dreamer which contains both of these and works well. Roughly 50/50 chance of having a lucid dream.

Magnesium
Magnesium can help in relieving muscle and nervous tension, particularly in powder form added to water. This would most likely be a necessity in terms of astral projection as deep relaxation is required to induce paralysis and leave the body.

At the end of the day it will come down to a matter of luck and perhaps skill in the technique you are using to astral project. One thing for sure, if you take all these combined before you go to sleep you will be in for an interesting ride!