Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 17-11-2014, 02:14 PM
Master

the breath is actually important. controlled breath. unbeknown to those that meditate it will open the 8th chakra.

all chakras are associated not only with color but with a gland. the secreted glands influences how your body works. the breath changes the oxygen i your blood. the carotid artery holds the blood and connects to the carotid gland. a small not yet understood gland. yet, in postmortems of people whom regularly mediate, the glad is larger. it serves a purpose.

in the east the disciplined hardly breath also.

kk
Old 17-11-2014, 02:20 PM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkfern
the breath is actually important. controlled breath. unbeknown to those that meditate it will open the 8th chakra.

all chakras are associated not only with color but with a gland. the secreted glands influences how your body works. the breath changes the oxygen i your blood. the carotid artery holds the blood and connects to the carotid gland. a small not yet understood gland. yet, in postmortems of people whom regularly mediate, the glad is larger. it serves a purpose.

kk
I may have said this before...you're smart!
Also, you inspire me.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 17-11-2014, 02:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkfern

kk

Breathing techniques are suitable for some kinds of meditation, but not suited to what the OP described.
Old 03-12-2014, 11:14 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Sure.
But, what is it you would like?
What is your intention for meditating?

A candle ends, a pattern on a floor is 'a pattern on a floor'...
Where are you thinking or wanting this to take you?

Maybe it is none of my business. If it is personal...no need to answer.
I believe intention is a huge part of meditation.

But any attempt to still the mind is great!

Sorry to be slow to respond. I wasn't getting email notifications.

So, to answer your question, here is my wish list for meditation:

(1) Relief from depression and especially the brain fog of depression. I've noticed when I'm in the brain fog, I can sometimes reach a trance-like state almost instantly. I think depression might be a form of mental exhaustion and meditation is the rest.

(2) Relief from racing, repetitive thoughts.

(3) I used to be artistically inclinded, and I enjoy what I see while I meditate. Sitting outside looking at flowers, waves on the rocks, etc. is nice. When the candle melts and there is a pool of wax, it can be very interesting too. Meditation helps me notice and appreciate so many visual details. Even looking at a stain on the floor can be beautiful after a while. It makes me happy.

(4) Sometimes I wonder if I have spiritual purpose that something is trying help me find. I have problems with hallucinations and delusional thoughts, so I need to be very cautious about this idea.
Old 04-12-2014, 12:29 AM
Master
I've been at it for 2 or 3 months and noticed very recently that when I do it, my inhales are getting much slower and deeper and that's really cool because I know it means I'm really starting to relax into it and the length of my breaths can vary, so yeah, I'd say you're doing it right.

Old 04-12-2014, 09:34 AM
Deactivated Account

I find that I barely breathe to. Its just a slight in breath that i wondered if I was getting enough oxygen! Though my body seemed fine with it. I assumed it was due to most my body going to sleep/relaxation that I didnt require as much oxygen.