Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 28-06-2017, 03:26 PM
Master
Request for information on possession

Does anyone have good references for information about possession, the nature of it, the nature of the different types of entities that can co-habitat or even take over someone and how to deal with such cases when exorcism doesn't work or isn't appropriate?
The Bible is real slim on this sort of information, is there anything in the Veda's or Buddhism that covers it in depth, or maybe Western books?
Old 28-06-2017, 03:50 PM
Master
Hello,

This is a popular subject for many. Entity attachments, demonic possession, even soul sharing falls into this category.

I have not seen any good information except that from Kryon on soul sharing. When I have gotten involved with those who have experiences with these things, the insights and advice I suggest have always been rejected. I can telepathically discuss things with these attachments and/or demons a person wants to exorcise. However I am not an authority on the subject. It is safe to say that I have not helped any one with these issues in many years.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 28-06-2017, 05:42 PM
Ascender
Lord Foul's Bane, by Stephen R Donaldson

If you can get through the first few chapters that deals exclusively with leprosy, social exclusion, despair, madness, and then the rape of a young woman (through demonic possession), this then is probably the best work of fantasy/fiction ever written
that directly challenges the reader's belief in dark magic.
Old 28-06-2017, 07:32 PM
Master
Thank you John and Kline, I appreciate your feedback.
John I'll take it to PM for obvious reasons.
Old 06-07-2017, 03:21 PM
Victor ben Mark

Hi Crystal Song,

Last edited by Victor ben Mark : 06-07-2017 at 07:08 PM.
Old 07-07-2017, 09:05 PM
Knower

Dear CrystalSong

Pse note below notes (item 241, chapter XXIII, second part) from the MediumĀ“s Book from Allan Kardec (you can freely download from internet in pdf):

In former days, the term possession was employed to express the empire thus exercised over men by evil spirits, when their influence went the length of producing what appeared to be mental aberration. For us, possession would be synonymous with subjugation. If we do not adopt the term possession, it is for two reasons; first, because it implies a belief that there are beings created for evil, and perpetually doomed to evil, whereas there exist, in fact, only beings more or less advanced, all of whom can improve them-selves: and, secondly, because the term possession implies the idea of a stranger-spirit taking possession of the victim's body, by a sort of cohabitation with the spirit of his victim, while, in fact, the obsessor's action is only one of constraint. The word subjugation expresses our thought perfectly. Therefore, as we hold that no one is possessed, in the common acceptation of the word, there exist for us, among the victims of evil spirits, only the three categories of the obsessed, the fascinated, and the subjugated.

You will find much more info about this type of Obssession.

Good reading!
Old 07-07-2017, 09:22 PM
Master
Thank you lauterb for your thoughtfulness and information and PDF refference - it is greatly appreciated!

I am familiar with the concepts of obsessed, the fascinated, and the subjugated and I suspect they apply in many cases, far more commonly than we expect.
It is however unlikely that in the particular case I'm questioning that that is a model I can work from. Thankfully I recently discovered I do not need to deal with this, the person in question must in fact deal with it themselves as one of the trials and learnings in their Awakening Path.
Which pleases me, as it's a bit of a sticky wicket!
Old 07-07-2017, 09:25 PM
Master
Hi Victor ben Mark
Old 07-08-2017, 01:16 AM
Knower

Dear CrystalSong

Dont forget that is our christian duty to help as much as we can, i dont know how it applies to this case but some help in the beggining can give better direction to whom is in trouble!

Did you study the books from Allan Kardec?

Regards
Old 07-08-2017, 06:53 AM
Master
No I didn't study them lauterb due to limited time, however I did come into understanding of the Higher Purpose/reason why it happened to the person and knowledge of when this 'lesson' will come to a fruitful close. I am assured all is working out for the Higher Good.
It might be my Christian duty to help, but I was told by Higher Powers several times to stay out of it in this particular case, and I trust that over my mind wanting to jump in and get down to business.