Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 09-06-2019, 05:24 AM
Master
@janielee

The throat chakra governs the endocrine system.An imbalance of this energy center can result with problems of the thyroid,genitals,and more..
When my immune system crashed,the first thing i felt before the breakdown was pain to the throat chakra.
Old 09-06-2019, 05:53 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Thank you so much, my dear.

I apologise for totally melting down over the past week, but I just needed to express my thoughts and have them acknowledged externally...when I eventually realised that the only way that was ever going to happen, is if I externalised all of those conversations I have with the many aspects of myself also... pretending to be having conversations with actual living people to make me feel better about myself and it is a process that is working for me...and thus I am going to continue doing it...I should give them all names..

...and now I understand why God created human beings, because He also couldn't tell the difference between what is "real" and what is "imaginary" either.

However, I have been to all of these "paid listeners" before who keep on telling me that the whole root cause of my problems comes from being a "frustrated genius" and madness is pretty much going to be the sad, inevitable outcome of it and that nothing can be done.

https://www.thedailymba.com/2009/04/...enius-madness/

They used to give people like us a frontal lobotomy so we could at least function in society.

I’d say that the throat chakra is about choosing to be authentic and in alignment with the voice of our conscience. Then living accordingly in thought, word & deed. I wrote about it in post 188 I think in as a transition within when one day I chose to live in alignment with myself irrespective of external consequences.

The Teal Swan video was good except that I’d say why should it matter if the listener agrees or disagrees ... accepts or rejects the offered view? After all, no matter what our conviction at the moment, we may need to self correct it one day! We need to get to a point where these trivialities not only don’t matter but we even empathise with the voice of dissent.

Old 09-06-2019, 06:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker

I’d say that the throat chakra is about choosing to be authentic and in alignment with the voice of our conscience. Then living accordingly in thought, word & deed. I wrote about it in post 188 I think in as a transition within when one day I chose to live in alignment with myself irrespective of external consequences.

The Teal Swan video was good except that I’d say why should it matter if the listener agrees or disagrees ... accepts or rejects the offered view? After all, no matter what our conviction at the moment, we may need to self correct it one day! We need to get to a point where these trivialities not only don’t matter but we even empathise with the voice of dissent.

Humans are social creatures, no doubt!

Now, what happens, if being "true to yourself" puts you at direct odds with a society who are not true to themselves?

What happens, if saying what you feel or experience puts you at odds with everyone else? Of course, you can say "why should I care what others think? As long as I believe in myself?" ..and the other will say "well, if they are going to be like that, why should I care either?"

So, the person who is "authentic" and "in tune" becomes isolated and shunned from the Tribe..they are made to go and live in exile..they no longer have access to food or shelter...they have no longer any access to the protection or inclusion in the Tribe when it comes to danger... because only those who rely on each other rather than on themselves only, is what makes a society...it is what makes civilizations strong...those who don't play that game are either put to death, locked up or shunned from the village.

To externalise our awareness, to live in accordance with the accepted view and not our own view is a survival mechanism nothing more, but if survival is no longer important to one and they don't care if they live or die then they can be free to do whatever they like.
Old 09-06-2019, 06:49 AM
Master
See, it is a deeply conditioned part of the reptilian brain, the lymbic system going back at least 20,000 years which believes "if I don't get love and support from others of my kind, then I shall surely die" (and they DO)....babies and infants also know this all too well. You can't expect a baby or a child to "love itself" or "believe in itself" because it will say "that's what mummy and daddy are there for"..most never get over this and especially if they had no mummy or daddy to show them love, support and acceptance...they just want to have what all the other kids that do have loving parents had...and spend the rest of their lives searching for it and they cannot look within because nobody planted the seed inside to begin with...nobody gave them any point of reference to be able the do that...so "finding love" becomes just as nebulous as "realising Brahman" and because the former is seen to be an "ignoble cause" and the latter is seen to be a "noble cause" many do that whole "spiritual bypassing" trick and opt for the latter, because they have been told that wanting to be accepted, loved, approved of etc is being needy! It is being selfish, wrong and people like that should be totally ashamed of themselves...so, they become "spiritual" instead.
Old 09-06-2019, 07:00 AM
Master

It’s internal. We are in alignment with our conscience which in turn is the voice of God Himself! Of course with disuse it sounds muffled sometimes!

We offer and outpour our inner joy which is independent of the receptivity of others. They are on their own journey just as we are on ours.

In my felt experience or rather sense of being, this colouration of Love as joy, bliss or compassion seeks nothing from others, neither recognition nor reciprocation. It is self existent.

Everyone has this within at the heart centre. Just dissolve within.

Unlike the kundalini energy navigating three (?) pathways, the Divine Love centre representing both the beginning and the culmination or we may say without beginning and without end ... needs no grids, Nadis or paths within or without form. Go there, be there.

Old 09-06-2019, 07:49 AM
Master
Each of us has our own particular, unique set of circumstances but if we are to go by Abraham Maslow, our desire to be loved and accepted by others is actually more important to us than food or water is.

When we speak of Chakras, Kundalini etc, we do so with a "model" in mind...male, physically fit, mentally and emotionally strong, usually but not always young (or awakened before 50).

See, thing is, I have not developed emotionally since age 5.

I have a pervasive developmental disorder, which means that I am emotionally immature and this is something that cannot be "fixed" either by doctors, or myself or even by God it seems, because I am STILL insistent that He is "separate from me" and I have a learning disability when it comes to trying to be convinced otherwise...so even though I really enjoyed the mental challenge of Advaita Vedanta, I could never really get into it...but I digress.

I stopped growing emotionally (and socially) when I was 5 and thus, all of my emotional outbursts are highly inappropriate, I am self centred and introverted (despite believing that I NEED others approval, affection and love to be self- validating) and due to this, I have spent my whole lifetime learning to shut all my emotions down and become like a robot... because whenever I DO "express myself", it tends to be extremely embarassing and unacceptable behaviour to everyone around me...leaving me mocked, laughed at and shunned for being "insane" and the bad thing about getting THAT label, is that everybody believes it is contagious.

Often, I wonder about the Chakras and energetic systems of people who are born deformed, like Siamese twins..or people born with half a body...or those born with cerebral palsy or Autism...or those who never received love (and wonders what this feels like) or those who develop Multiple Sclerosis or ALS...can those people achieve Moksha or a raised Kundalini through Grace alone if their energetic body is not designed for it?

What if Abigail Hensel wanted to meditate and do yoga but Brittany Hensel did not? Say Kundalini rose? Which "crown chakra" would it rise into?

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...39.6cPg5vYmzSc

This is why I doubt the "standard model" as applying across the board really...and to "accept differences" means to accept that some people also seek love, approval, respect and admiration externally and that must be accepted if a person is to say they are "spiritual"...but this is almost an impossible ask for most people.

I hope to be born as a dog next life, so at least I will get a pat on the back or a cuddle for being a "good girl".... people care more about animals than they do for each other and it is ALL because of the premise "I don't need anybody else...so why should they?" and the whole world becomes .."every man is an island existing only unto himself" ...when in John Donne's day, it was MUCH different than it is today...and man has not changed...the Chakras and Kundalini has not changed...but our perception of them and of everything around us HAS and we call it "the truth".
Old 09-06-2019, 08:21 AM
Master

Sure Shivani!

We must go by our inner gut feel so to say. Yet, sometimes it may be apt to pause all thought, disassociate our sense of being-ness from ‘personal knowledge’ acquired and know that whatever limitations may appear as real to our mind simply dissolve in the Divine stream of Love. Automatically.

Somewhere along the way we tend to self block the flow. If only we can just let go ...

Old 09-06-2019, 08:42 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker

Sure Shivani!

We must go by our inner gut feel so to say. Yet, sometimes it may be apt to pause all thought, disassociate our sense of being-ness from ‘personal knowledge’ acquired and know that whatever limitations may appear as real to our mind simply dissolve in the Divine stream of Love. Automatically.

Somewhere along the way we tend to self block the flow. If only we can just let go ...

Exactly! and we can also self block the flow either subconsciously or unconsciously, then try and fix it through the conscious mind...which never works..and my subconscious mind is a multi dimensional quantum labyrinth...so where that blockage of those blockages are, nobody bloody knows.
Old 09-06-2019, 08:45 AM
Master

Well, another night in Europe and I again struggle to keep up with the conversation you guys are having. The last few pages have gone way over my head. Still, I will keep to my usual strategy of being completely honest about people and see what happens.

Shivani, as usual, you are selling yourself short. You are one of the smartest people I know and of course that has consequences in terms of social awkwardness. I thought that Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory was an excellent fictional representation of the various quirks that come with being highly intelligent. The cliché about the mad or eccentric scientist or genius is there for a reason. We know from Gopi Krishna's research (and he worked with the greatest physicists of all time to arrive at his theories) that Kundalini is the evolutionary mechanism that is the cause of extraordinary scientific and artistic genius, as well as madness, when the energy is unbalanced.

My own addition to his research would be that when the Left hemisphere of the brain is overactive, it gives people extraordinary intellect, but at the expense of the social skills and graces that are controlled by the right side. Such people usually place somewhere on the autistic spectrum and tend to be males. That is not a coincidence, because energetically speaking, the Kundalini is more active in the male, solar side of their nervous system. There is a chemical and energetic imbalance in their bodies as a result.

The other side of the coin is when the Right side of the brain, that responsible for social skills and artistic inspiration is overactive. Such people tend to be extremely talented artists and are socially adept and well-liked, but are terrible at practical things and navigating the logical, rational side of life. The Lunar, female principle is overactive in them.

The trick of course is to try and balance these two sides and create a harmonious personality and a Kundalini that is mostly active in the central channel, the sushumna, balancing out the Solar-Lunar, Left-Right polarities of the Brain.

Additionally, each person actually has two personalities in them, each controlled by a different hemisphere of the brain. Our normal, everyday ego is in the logical, linguistic part of the brain, the left side, whereas our Superego is in the non-linguistic, intuitive part of the brain, the right side. Our superego can only communicate with us through images, visions, intuition, feelings, synchronicities and non-verbal clues. It will often be the source of religious or spiritual experiences and the ancient Greeks were well aware of this, differentiating between the Daemon (from which get Demon), the superego or higher self and The Eidolon, the ego or ordinary, everyday self.

In cases where the bridge between hemispheres is broken through by enough neural pathways, the two can be merged and act as one unit. When most people talk about their relationship with god or merging with god, on one level, that is what they mean. A conversation with god is a conversation with your higher self, which as we know from Hinduism is actually the local version of the Universal, Infinite God, so in this sense, they are absolutely right.

Phew, that was a long one, I hope it made sense.
Old 09-06-2019, 09:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Each of us has our own particular, unique set of circumstances but if we are to go by Abraham Maslow, our desire to be loved and accepted by others is actually more important to us than food or water is.

When we speak of Chakras, Kundalini etc, we do so with a "model" in mind...male, physically fit, mentally and emotionally strong, usually but not always young (or awakened before 50).

See, thing is, I have not developed emotionally since age 5.

I have a pervasive developmental disorder, which means that I am emotionally immature and this is something that cannot be "fixed" either by doctors, or myself or even by God it seems, because I am STILL insistent that He is "separate from me" and I have a learning disability when it comes to trying to be convinced otherwise...so even though I really enjoyed the mental challenge of Advaita Vedanta, I could never really get into it...but I digress....
This is why Bhakti Yoga is SO important for you!

The Divine LOVES it when you squeal with delight and jump all over your bed when you hear your favourite Bhajan!..and when you dress in your finest silk saris and perform private temple dances for His pleasure, or beat the cr*p out of pan lids with wooden spoons when Rajasthani folk music comes on...I think he calls it when you perform Abhishek with a water gun though..but He likes those frangipani Pushpa malas you made for Him last week...any action performed in the spirit of affection is dear to Him... NEVER shut that down (just don't do it when others are around because their shirt collars are all SO stiff, it is very easy for them all to get hot under it)!

You just need to find other outlets for all your pent up energies and existential angst BESIDES philosophically losing people and leaving them all in a trail of mental dust on a spiritual forum..you can take notes from the likes of David Frawley or Christopher Hareesh Wallis in regards to this...you must remember that only about 1% of the population has your mental capacity and abilities... cannot blame the others for that.

In fact, Dianne...the ONLY two Chakras of yours that are permanently open now is the Heart Chakra and the Third Eye Chakra...forget all the others, they all atrophied and died LONG ago (and cannot be revived and healed), so how about you spend less time in your Third-Eye Chakra and more time in your Heart Chakra? There's a good girl! *rubs stomach*