Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 01-01-2011, 02:41 PM
Master
Starbuck and Evaah, I would say that any symptom that is associated with the energy experience that comes and goes is probably due to prana clearing blockages - especially so if it happens during a meditation practice.

If it is always there and doesn't go away or subside, I'd get it checked out by a doctor if I were you.

Spiritual energy symptoms always have a counterpart to mental and physical symptoms. Are you blocked in your "listening"? Is there something you don't want to hear? Do you listen fully with an open mind and an open heart? etc... Sometimes inquiry like this brings answers and when the source of the blockage is found and you can do something to correct the imbalance, the symptoms stop.

p.s. In general, I think that energy in the crown area happens when the brow chakra is open and the person has a strong desire to connect with Divinity. It happens a lot with devotional people. Having said that, I do know someone who doesn't appear to be devotional at all nor does she practice meditation nor any kind of spiritual pursuit (to my knowledge) but she was struck by lightening twice, now conducts gross energy (electricity) and attracts lightening and she had a crown tingling during a reiki treatment. So I think either she got to the point of open brow chakra in another lifetime OR crown tingling can also be pranic and not necessarily transformational. I don't enough enough about the crown experience to decide which.
Old 01-01-2011, 02:46 PM
Summerland

Uma, isn't it true that many people develop psychic awareness after a shocking experience like that or a blow to the head and near death experiences?
Old 01-01-2011, 03:08 PM
Master
It is interesting isn't it Starbuck? It is quite common that people feel sensations in their forehead and crown, exactly as you have described. If you shift your attention to your crown or forehead you can feel it. It's a curious thing really, so just relax and see what it brings up next.

I think 100% of people get like frequency shifts in their ears so it is probably just something ordinary, but earache/jawache can't be a good thing... could well be a bad tooth, which causes headache too.
Old 01-01-2011, 03:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerland
Uma, isn't it true that many people develop psychic awareness after a shocking experience like that or a blow to the head and near death experiences?

I think I've heard of that too Summerland. Here's what I think:

Changes in the brain do have an impact on how the soul is able to express itself in our world. I've seen firsthand how an impairement in the logic centre of the brain (neocortex, frontal lobe) keeps intelligence from functioning properly and AS A RESULT, more of the person's spiritual essence comes through unhindered - because the limited ego (that part of us that identifies with the physical and mental bodies) is closely identified with intelligence, and the limited ego creates the barrier for our natural psychic abilities.

Look at how children are so psychically open. It's because their intelligence (and therefore ego) hasn't developed yet. Once that kicks in, spiritual energy and information can't get through because the ego says "no" to it. The whole Waldorf school movement is founded on trying to delay that development of ego so that the spiritual side can express more and longer and hopefully not be lost as the child grows up.

Another example: When we dream we are more psychically open. When we wake up (an ironic concept) we say "no" to the dream insights. The ego says "That was just a dream," and gives no importance to it.

Does this make sense?

p.s. sorry if this digresses from the OP...maybe it relates though
Old 01-01-2011, 03:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
Look at how children are so psychically open. It's because their intelligence (and therefore ego) hasn't developed yet. Once that kicks in, spiritual energy and information can't get through because the ego says "no" to it. The whole Waldorf school movement is founded on trying to delay that development of ego so that the spiritual side can express more and longer and hopefully not be lost as the child grows up.
What an ironic creation, I have to say.
''Unintelligent design''?
Old 01-01-2011, 03:20 PM
Master
Old 01-01-2011, 03:24 PM
Summerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
I think I've heard of that too Summerland. Here's what I think:

Changes in the brain do have an impact on how the soul is able to express itself in our world. I've seen firsthand how an impairement in the logic centre of the brain (neocortex, frontal lobe) keeps intelligence from functioning properly and AS A RESULT, more of the person's spiritual essence comes through unhindered - because the limited ego (that part of us that identifies with the physical and mental bodies) is closely identified with intelligence, and the limited ego creates the barrier for our natural psychic abilities.

Another example: When we dream we are more psychically open. When we wake up (an ironic concept) we say "no" to the dream insights. The ego says "That was just a dream," and gives no importance to it.

Does this make sense?

Uma, I work in psych and I know that doctors are taking head injuries much more seriously. We have seen people with head trauma become a completely different, unpredictable person. Of course it depends on which area of the brain. Normally when we have a patient come in who has a history of head trauma, we immmediately have them on high assault precautions as they can and do become violent without a seconds notice. And I know that there are certain areas of the brain light up when one is meditating and experiencing a spiritual event.
But we have many children come in who hear voices, see shadow people, see demons, hear a departed relative talking to them. I will not instantly dismiss this as delusional psychosis. I think a child has the ability to still see thru the eyes of their souls many times.
Some dreams are just our subconscious working out our daily strife and problems. Yet there are dreams that go beyond and come to us from a different realm. Sometimes I think that while we are asleep that we are much more connected to our spirit and to the spirtual realm.
Old 01-01-2011, 03:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysaetos
What an ironic creation, I have to say.
''Unintelligent design''?

LOL very funny. The design is very intelligent and Waldorf itself is really intellectual stuff (founder Rudolph Steiner's teachings are not easy reading). But yes - there are no computers in Waldorf school and reading at an early age is discouraged. Instead there is an emphasis on nature and art - the things that connect us to our spiritual centre.

In practice though, that's been a big criticism of Waldorf - because kids have to enter ordinary educational streams and need to have their reading and math up to par, so Waldorf has had to make compromises....and I think they have a lot of problems.

Ironically, my friend who was struck by lightening grew up in one of these Waldorf schools and she's rather critical about the whole experience.

That's one of the problems with noble intentions - a big gap between lofty ideals and practical application.
Old 01-01-2011, 03:26 PM
Edy31

This thread explains exactly what I am experiencing since my awakening. I have the tingling in the head 24/7, vivid dreams, 2 spontaneous AP.

I was told I had a Kundalini awakening, but some say I might have an overactive brow chakra. I see violet and golden colors all the time from my third eye.
A couple of nights ago I saw also a blue cloud, first time. I have seen the eye itself two times.
Old 01-01-2011, 03:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerland
Uma, I work in psych and I know that doctors are taking head injuries much more seriously. We have seen people with head trauma become a completely different, unpredictable person. Of course it depends on which area of the brain. Normally when we have a patient come in who has a history of head trauma, we immmediately have them on high assault precautions as they can and do become violent without a seconds notice. And I know that there are certain areas of the brain light up when one is meditating and experiencing a spiritual event.
But we have many children come in who hear voices, see shadow people, see demons, hear a departed relative talking to them. I will not instantly dismiss this as delusional psychosis. I think a child has the ability to still see thru the eyes of their souls many times.
Some dreams are just our subconscious working out our daily strife and problems. Yet there are dreams that go beyond and come to us from a different realm. Sometimes I think that while we are asleep that we are much more connected to our spirit and to the spirtual realm.

Summerland,

I think you're definitely on to something really important and I'm glad you're working in the system because maybe you can help those people who really are being misdiagnosed. I also think this is digressing from the OP and is worthy of a thread of its own so if you want to start one I'll be happy to contribute to it. (I don't want to annoy Starbuck.) I'm sure Psychoslice would have a lot to say about this topic.

P.S. If you do decide to start a new thread, maybe you could post a link to it here for others who want to follow this discussion.